1.    #1  
    Ok, I know there are alternatives, but I'm trying to keep my costs down as much as I can. Cases are expensive, you know? . Either way, here's my problem...

I have gmail forwarding my emails to my sprintpcs email so I can get a notification when I have an email. That's working fine. I also have Versamail set up to autosync with my sprintpcs account (Thunderbird downloads all my gmail emails, so I can store them at home).

Now, things were working fine, until I decided to change my outgoing mail server to my gmail account. That way, I can reply to emails and no one would know it's going through my sprintpcs email. I can do the manual get, and I can send emails, but every hour, the autosync brings up

"The last scheduled get failed. You may wish to perform a manual get at your conveniecne. (0x3925)"

I've looked around, and can't find any way around this. Is this something that's just not possible? I really don't NEED to use autosync, since I really don't get many mail to that account. When I do, they're usually important. I am notified whenever I get one and I can do a manual get, but I'd like to be able to have the autosync working. I guess it just goes into help build my Geek Factor. Well, thanks for whatever y'all come up with..
    Doesn't Gmail have a SMS notification option like Yahoo does, if so why even bother with the Sprint e-mail thing. Also you would be able to just set versamail to your Gmail account.
  3.    #3  
    They do? That'd be cool. I'll check into it. The reason I don't have Versamail checking my gmail is because I have it set to once retreived, it'll put it in the archives. If it's there, I don't think Thunderbird will download it. I'll check that out too, I never thought it may still get it.
  4.    #4  
    Ok, you can forward your emails on gmail. I guess, for a notification, you can forward to your phone as a text message. I looked around online and found nothing actually within gmail to just send you a text that you have an email.

As for leaving the email in the inbox, "getting" it with my phone, then going home and downloading it with Thunderbird, it won't work. I'm assuming that once the email has been synced, it won't sync again. I just tried sending me a few, doing it a few different ways, and the email will go to my phone, but not to Thunderbird.

I guess I'll have to manually get my messages. How 20th century .
    I was looking at my never used Gmail account and I don't see the SMS forwarding option like Yahoo, which Yahoo will send you a SMS notification and still leaves it in the inbox. What yahoo doesn't do is allow you to forward a e-mail to a POP or IMAP and leave it in your inbox, stupid I know.

But with Gmail you can forward your mail to a POP or IMAP and it will give you the option to leave it on the server in your inbox. Where you CAN go home and get it with Thunderbird.

So to sum that up........... Yahoo has SMS notification .....Gmail does not.......Yahoo has forwarding but will not leave it on the server......G mail has forwarding but will leave it on the server.

How about these idiots get together and design ONE fully functional mail client and while your at it how about getting with the times and implement some IMAP w/ IDLE.
  6.    #6  
    Right now, I have gmail forwarding to my sprintpcs account so I can "get" it from my phone. I can then download it at home with Thunderbird.

I think the only IMAP email I used was Mailblocks. It didn't have that large of a storage space, I think something like 25MB, and that was at $20/year. The good thing was it would actually check my other accounts and take all my email there. It would even check Yahoo and Hotmail accounts. I loved it.

Then stupid AOL had to buy them and shut them down. I did get my $20 back, but I'm not as happy with gmail as I was with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    I was looking at my never used Gmail account and I don't see the SMS forwarding option like Yahoo, which Yahoo will send you a SMS notification and still leaves it in the inbox. What yahoo doesn't do is allow you to forward a e-mail to a POP or IMAP and leave it in your inbox, stupid I know.
    WOW.didnt know Yahoo can do that. Where is the SMS option in Yahoo? Can't find it.
  8.    #8  
    No wonder my grades are falling! Ok, I downloaded Chattermail and I think it's working like I want it to. I had Thunderbird off and was sending messages around, checking out settings. I decided to set up a Gmail account with Chatter and it downloaded the last three messages. I then launched Thunderbird and it downloaded the same three messages. Who knows why, but it's working now.

Now, if Gmail would set up a notification thing, I could drop the whole going through my sprintpcs email.