1.    #1  
    I've got a Seidio G4850M, and I also have an AudioVox FM Modulator (which has a generic 3/32" adapter to connect to my Treo 650)

My issue is this. The Modulator and G4850M work perfectly when no power is attached, however, as soon as you connect power to the cradle, a horrible static is heard over the speakers.

This occurs whether the cradle is hard wired or connected via the Cigarette lighter.

So, is there any way to bypass this interference? Does the Seidio 3/32" adapter have any benefit over the generic one? Is there some type of filter I can purchase to filter out the noise from the power?

Or, is it possible I have a defective cradle?

Any help or ideas are appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by treomonkey
    I've got a Seidio G4850M, and I also have an AudioVox FM Modulator (which has a generic 3/32" adapter to connect to my Treo 650)

My issue is this. The Modulator and G4850M work perfectly when no power is attached, however, as soon as you connect power to the cradle, a horrible static is heard over the speakers.

This occurs whether the cradle is hard wired or connected via the Cigarette lighter.

So, is there any way to bypass this interference? Does the Seidio 3/32" adapter have any benefit over the generic one? Is there some type of filter I can purchase to filter out the noise from the power?

Or, is it possible I have a defective cradle?

Any help or ideas are appreciated.
    Hi,

Your G4800M is all right. The interference is caused by ground loop. You need to get the ground loop isolator. Seidio has this available.

Seidio