Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I've had several resets (while using chatter and using the camcorder app) since upgrading to fat32, it could another app causing the resets hard to tell, but it does seem to be apps that access my sd card that cause the resets. Had no resets prior to installing fat32. Other than that it is definitely faster and all my apps work. I haven't reformatted my sd card.
    Anyone else getting resets?
    People having problems with SplashBlog should contact support@splashblog.com explaining the problem and asking for a fix. I already sent them an email but if more people ask for a fix they will most likely fix it.

Thanks,

Al
    I also am having crashes, but I don't think they're unusual, I just thought that after going to 1.13 Palm would have fixed all the bugs. Wishful thinking i 'spose.

One thing tho, it seems the majority of my crashes now are taking my saved and unsaved preferences with them, and they didn't do that before. Only very few bad ones. I'm getting kinda tired of having to restore them. We'll see. The overall speed increase makes me want to keep the driver though, I'm super interested in seeing if others are having similar issues.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    Hi guys... I'm a little late to the party... someone emailed us about SplashBlog not working with photos on a card. We use standard system calls to read and write to/from the card, so when Palm supports this fully, SplashBlog should work just fine. There's not really anything we can do differently. This is sort of a core OS kind of thing you're running into - not a problem with apps. I wish I could help though! - Todd Schomer @ SplashData
    Im also having Splasblog issues both with photos from the card and the RAM. I have also posted something on their support Yahoo Group...http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SplashData

So it might be worth adding your comments to this too
    AUSPUG Melbourne Co-Ordinator
    Visit us at...
    Australian Palm Users Group
    Quote Originally Posted by Schomer
    Hi guys... I'm a little late to the party... someone emailed us about SplashBlog not working with photos on a card. We use standard system calls to read and write to/from the card, so when Palm supports this fully, SplashBlog should work just fine. There's not really anything we can do differently. This is sort of a core OS kind of thing you're running into - not a problem with apps. I wish I could help though! - Todd Schomer @ SplashData
    Todd,

I understand FAT32 has not been officially released, but it would be grea for the Palm community if SplashBlog would support it or at least attempt to.

Al
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster
    I also am having crashes, but I don't think they're unusual, I just thought that after going to 1.13 Palm would have fixed all the bugs. Wishful thinking i 'spose.

One thing tho, it seems the majority of my crashes now are taking my saved and unsaved preferences with them, and they didn't do that before. Only very few bad ones. I'm getting kinda tired of having to restore them. We'll see. The overall speed increase makes me want to keep the driver though, I'm super interested in seeing if others are having similar issues.
    Have you tried running one or both PrefDoctor 0.91a and YAHM "savedpreferences" hack?

I've had this happen, not often, but seriously a handful of times is enough. But running both of these programs has 1)greatly reduced the number of times it happens and 2) if it does, PrefDoctor
    instantly replaces your Prefs on the softboot after the crash. Seriously, you won't even see your preferences go in the first place.

*Also, I hope you didn't just re-Hotsync all your old prefs and programs after you flashed the Treo. I'm of the opinion that after a flash, you should always manually reinstall everything. Sure it's time consuming, but I think it results in a more stable device (at least potentially).
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    Todd,

I understand FAT32 has not been officially released, but it would be grea for the Palm community if SplashBlog would support it or at least attempt to.

Al
    I agree and disagree--mostly just because, lets be honest, this driver is not officially supported or released by Palm and therefore vendors don't necessarily have to develop around it (though since I love using Splashblog it'd be nice).

For now I'm just taking my pics and storing them in RAM and using SB to upload them that way followed by the auto delete. If I'm not uploading, at the end of the day I'll just use Resco Viewer to transfer them to the card.

Yeah, there's an extra step in there somewhere but at least I can continue to update my blog.
    I don't use Splash but does it work on the LifeDrive with Fat32? That is supported and the driver really came from that direction anyway.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Good point....can anyone confirm this?
    AUSPUG Melbourne Co-Ordinator
    Visit us at...
    Australian Palm Users Group
    I'm using the Fat32 driver and Transcend 4GB Sd card formated to Fat32 and have had no problems with Chattermail, camcorder etc fyi...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Yes, SplashBlog works fine on the LifeDrive, but I don't see how that means the ROM should work the same way on a Treo.

Let me tell you all, making Palm software is not like making something once and then it runs on every Palm device just the same. Every single product we make has all kinds of tweaks within it, to run properly on each device. Man, if you could see the code... the number of special cases we have for these devices is crazy. You would think they are all the same, but they are not. No Palm device is the same as another. Please, trust me on that.

So, all that said... we ARE looking into the issue you are experiencing. We have a few people in this forum who are testing debug builds for us and reporting what they see. If there is something we can do to fix it, we will definitely give it a try.

Thanks,
    Todd Schomer
    SplashData
    Wow, Todd that's some great news and great support...Splashblog has become one of my new fav apps and it's nice to know you guys are helping us out on this issue.

Much thanks!
    Hello All,

Give this version a try and let me know how it works on your "special" Treos. :-)

http://www.splashblog.com/Downloads/SplashBlog.prc

Thanks,
    Todd @ SplashData
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12