1.    #1  
    Lately my keyboard lights have been flickering. It seems to be the Y, H and G keys that flicker about once each second.

The actual screen is fine and I guess it is no big deal but I am wondering why it is happening.
    My entire thumbboard flikers now and sometimes does not turn on at all! I do not have any utility installed to turn it off either. Not sure what is going on but I'm hesitant to get a replacement b/c I just went through FAT32 custom rom update...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    My entire thumbboard flikers now and sometimes does not turn on at all! I do not have any utility installed to turn it off either. Not sure what is going on but I'm hesitant to get a replacement b/c I just went through FAT32 custom rom update...
    Mine does the same. I have keyshade hack and brightcam to control the keyboard lights though.
    I blink. So fast it looks like it is strobing fast enough to make it look solid. When I move my phone back and fourth sideways, I can tell it is strobing.
    There are thoughts that the strobing is the way the keyboard is able to be dimmed - I think it happens with everyone's (definitely mine).
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Yes it strobes.
    Quote Originally Posted by ericdfairchild
    There are thoughts that the strobing is the way the keyboard is able to be dimmed - I think it happens with everyone's (definitely mine).
    No thoughts, this is correct. Palm did this in the first rom updates to Sprint (the originals did not flicker, but the brightness was constant..and very bright) and some can see it, those with sensitive eyes, while others don't notice. I noticed immediately. And hated it.
  8.    #8  
    It peculiar though because sometimes mine flickers and sometimes it does not.

I recently updated to Datbk6 and continually update Chatter. Any one with similar programs that has this flicker?
    I do not have either of those. I am a Professional DJ, so I am constantly Using my phone in the dark infront of people, and I occasionally get comments about it.