1.    #1  
    I just purchased a Cingular branded unlocked phone that I plan on using with T-mobile. Can someone suggest rather I should leave the current firmware/software/rom on it, or upgrade to the palm unlocked 1.20 version?

Thanks, Josh
    I heard that some people have some problems after the upgrade. I also am using cingular branded unlocked with tmobile. I just leave my phone the way it is.
    Treo 90>>>Clie T615>>>ppc viewsonic V36>>>UX50+128MB+TH55>>>SE P900>>>Treo650+256mb+512mbSD>>>Cingular 8525+1gb>>>Current Palm Centro+2gb & AT&T Tilt+2gb
    You can use either the Cingular or ENA version. It doesn't matter unless you are using one of the Cingular GetGood or Xpressmail apps. I have a Cingular branded Unlocked Treo and I've run both versions. I prefer ENA because it doesn't have the 30 second timeout bug I encountered with the 1.17 CNG version. Keep in mind that if you go ENA, and ever want to go back to CNG, it's a more complicated process. you have to reinstall an old version and then upgrade to the CNG package. No big deal, and something you'll probably never do, but just be aware.
    I second the Cingular ROM info. I have an unlocked Cingular and the CN B 1.17 ROM works fine. Not only that, the FAT32 custom ROM http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...les#post893877

works fine with my Treo. I haven't tried the ENA ROM but many posts here say it works with Unlocked Cingular.
    If Your happy, Don't change.
    Don't let all this changing Rom talk affect your decision.
    People go different routes for differing reasons.
    Again if what you have works for you, then leave it.
    You have a cool phone that does cool things as is.
    If later you start finding limitations, then maybe look at other options. The Treo has Many.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmybob
    You can use either the Cingular or ENA version. It doesn't matter unless you are using one of the Cingular GetGood or Xpressmail apps.
    So then I can free up more ROM space by using the ENA version since these unused programs won't be wasting space in there ? That sure seems like a worthwhile advantage.