1.    #1  
    Several threads here have mentioned the sound quality with cassette adapters. However, I haven't been able to find a source or specific recommendation.
    Palm Vx => M505 => M515 => T =>T3 =>T5 =>Treo 650 => Treo 700P (Verizon)
  3.    #3  
    Thanks. I never thought of checking amazon.
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Or if you want immediate gratification, any of the ones that you could pick up at Radio Shack/Best Buy/Circuit City should work fine. I don't remember anyone preferring one model over another. I'm using an old crappy one I got for free with a CD player about 10 years ago. Works fine.
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
    I have been using headohones with an Insten adapter along with Ptunes on my Treo 650. The sound quality is quite good. I figured I would try plugging into the casette adapter I use in my car for XM. I was disappointed. For some reason the sound quality was not what it was with the headphones. It sounded "over modulated". Anyone lese have this experience?
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by socomon
    I have been using headohones with an Insten adapter along with Ptunes on my Treo 650. The sound quality is quite good. I figured I would try plugging into the casette adapter I use in my car for XM. I was disappointed. For some reason the sound quality was not what it was with the headphones. It sounded "over modulated". Anyone lese have this experience?
    One suggestion and one comment:

Suggestion: don't turn the volume on the Treo up too high. Use the car stereo volume to crank it. That might help a little.

Comment: the cassette adapter isn't a great solution. It's just clearly better than an FM modulator. Only a direct line-in connection will provide the same quality sound that you get with headphones.
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!