Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1.    #1  
    I've just gone through another thread here on scratches that are being caused by Sena's cases. I first decided that I couldn't buy a Sena based upon others' experiences -- then decided that they'd made amends and deserved my business :-)

    Assuming I were to buy a Sena, I'd like to get some advice. I'm new to owning a Treo, and see that many of you have been using them for some time. Looking at the new Sena's for the 700w, i can't figure out which would be best?

    -- The Magnet Flipper looks nice, and certainly would protect the Treo, but I think the dangling flap would be an annoyance! In none of Sena's pictures do they show this flap as being folded all of the way back, so I assume it just hangs?

    -- the Leather skin looks great, but I can't imagine having my display face outwards on my hip. I'm a clutz, and I'm sure to break it! Don't others have a similar concern?

    -- the pouch might be the best for getting the phone quickly when it starts to ring -- do others agree? However, the belt clip on it looks inferior.

    I'd appreciate any and all advice!

    Thanks
  2. #2  
    I do not have any problems with my Sena cases. I have both Leather skin and magnetflip models for my T650. I like both. But you may want to check out the horizontal pouch - leather skin combo:
    http://www.senacases.com/cart/home.php?cat=353

    I am not sure whether they offer this for T700 though.
  3. #3  
    Some people have had problems with the magnet flipper. The two magnets at the front that hold the flap closed, sometimes can interfere with the electronics / circuitry in the Treo and cause it to act erratically.
  4. #4  
    I have had the Sena Magnet Flipper case for about 10 months now (Cingular T650). Great design and the case would have been a good choice to buy except:
    The case has very stiff nylon-type stitching around the inside of the display opening which REALLY scratches the display's perimeter bezel.

    And, no, despite Sena's denials and assertions that this either does not happen, or only happens to refurbished, repainted phones, that's nonsense. I bought my Treo new last February and it's been in the case except for resets.

    I challenge Sena to step up and admit this - their customer service department seems to be quite adept at denying and deflecting honest complaints. If they have redesigned the case to cover this stitching, I'd love to have them PM me with an offer to exchange, and I'll sing their praises as loudly as I complain. I'd be more than happy to email them a .jpg of the bezel - the damage looks EXACTLY like that of others posted elsewhere in this forum.

    But, the damage to the display bezel is permanent and should have been avoided with better stitching or finishwork. Shame on them.

    doctorharrison
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by doctorharrison
    I have had the Sena Magnet Flipper case for about 10 months now (Cingular T650). Great design and the case would have been a good choice to buy except:
    The case has very stiff nylon-type stitching around the inside of the display opening which REALLY scratches the display's perimeter bezel.

    And, no, despite Sena's denials and assertions that this either does not happen, or only happens to refurbished, repainted phones, that's nonsense. I bought my Treo new last February and it's been in the case except for resets.

    I challenge Sena to step up and admit this - their customer service department seems to be quite adept at denying and deflecting honest complaints. If they have redesigned the case to cover this stitching, I'd love to have them PM me with an offer to exchange, and I'll sing their praises as loudly as I complain. I'd be more than happy to email them a .jpg of the bezel - the damage looks EXACTLY like that of others posted elsewhere in this forum.

    But, the damage to the display bezel is permanent and should have been avoided with better stitching or finishwork. Shame on them.

    doctorharrison
    1st of all i'm sorry to hear about your problem. But imho sena is stepping upto the plate and admitting there flawed design. I bought a case from them on the 3rd before i read the reviews on this site regarding the nylon stitching and imediately after reading that thread i emailed sena asking for some answers to the problems i've read

    less than 12 hrs after my email was sent i got this reply

    It is true that some customers reported this problem. According the our
    investigation, this problem will happen very rarely. However, we acted
    proactively and made a design change to eliminate any possibility of its
    happening. All the Treo 650 cases ordered from our website after February 5
    will have this new design. They will ship in about 2 weeks.

    You have purchased your case on February 3rd. Although the problem is
    unlikely, if you will feel more comfortable, we will exchange your case with
    the new design at no cost to you. Let us know and we can send you a pre-paid
    shipping label right away for the return of the case.

    Regards,

    Frank Oten
    after a reply thanking them for there prompt response etc i got this reply from rhonda doncaster

    Dear Mike,



    I am Rhonda Frank Otenís Assistant, I am able to send you a replacement case with a return label, from our prototype stock of the new merchandise that is in process. Please open the parcel gently, use the return label that is inside of your new item to affix over the shipping label, reseal the parcel with some tape and return label will return your item to our inventory.



    Your business is very important to us and we would like to do our best to meet or exceed your
    expectations. Be assured that we value you as a customer and want you to know that our company
    will continually strive to manufacture only the finest quality products.



    The best compliment Sena Cases can receive is for our customers to refer our products to family friends or others in the PDA Smart Phone community.



    Have an excellent Day!



    Rhonda Doncaster

    Customer Relations Division

    Sena Cases
    2 days later i received my replacement case which is by far a much better quality product, the inside of the case which would be the culprit to causing scratches due the hard nylon stitching was lined by a cloth. Rubbing my finger across the bottom side of the stitching, I can't feel any hard, sharp edges. So back to the previous comment on how you challenge sena to step up and admit this, i challenge you to actually contact them regarding your problem then if they dont satisfy you as a customer you can complain
  6. spiegelm's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    #6  
    Sorry to hop onto this thread , but it seemed better than starting a wholly new one. For those who have the Sena Flip Case for the Treo 650 I have a question. I have a Piel-Frama case, but it slightly covers the home and menu buttons. My wife who just got a 650 wants to get a flip case, but does not like how the Piel Frama fits over those buttons. My question is whether the Sena case manages to stay clear of the home and menu buttons or also slightly covers them. Any help before we place an order would be appreciated.

    Thanks.
  7. #7  
    The best case made by Sena... the one made by anyone else?

    Skin case prone to scratching the Treo and there have been some concerns over the magnets on the flip case.
  8. #8  
    I emailed Sena telling them what I had to do to prevent scratching due to the rough stitching on their LeatherSkin. They replied back and told me that I shouldn't have to resort to that so they're going to send me a prepaid box and label to ship my LeatherSkin back to them so they can send me one of the new LeatherSkins that are "fixed". They said that the new one should ship out in 10 days.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    I emailed Sena telling them what I had to do to prevent scratching due to the rough stitching on their LeatherSkin. They replied back and told me that I shouldn't have to resort to that so they're going to send me a prepaid box and label to ship my LeatherSkin back to them so they can send me one of the new LeatherSkins that are "fixed". They said that the new one should ship out in 10 days.
    Let us know how it all works out! I may be interested in sending my old sena case back as well, but I really don't want to risk any more scratching.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoraks
    So back to the previous comment on how you challenge sena to step up and admit this, i challenge you to actually contact them regarding your problem then if they dont satisfy you as a customer you can complain
    My, my, touchy aren't we... If you read other posts in other threads concerning this problem, Sena's Customer Services' first several responses were to totally deny that this scratching was a problem that could possibly be happening ( and more likely due to fragile surfaces of refurbished repainted (??) phones.

    Anyway, I've emailed Sena explaining the damage the case has done and hope they to strive to meet this customers' expectations.

    I'll post outcomes.

    doctorharrison
  11. #11  
    I don't know/care about the case scratching the phone because I intend to rarely if ever take the case off the phone.

    The case is wonderful- fits like a glove. it's a shiny black with a soft feel. It allows me to answer my phone with an easy flip of the case to open and an easy flick to close the case. It also protects the case more effectively, in my opinion, than a metal case because it cushions the fall- there's something soft hitting the floor before your screen.

    All the buttons and camera are within easy reach and, best of all, it looks great!

Posting Permissions