1.    #1  
    Ok, so pretty much everytime i reset my Treo i lose my saved prefrences and registration codes.

This is VERY FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!!

My treo also freezes when i tries to connect to my bluetooth car, and after i reset, i of course, lose everything again.

I used backcupMan to restore my device, but im beginning to think backupMan is the source of the problem...

I recently installed LookAtMe and mReset to reset my device right before a backup, and i also installed RadioState to turn my phone on after a reset. It seemed to occur after i installed these programs...

However, with BackupMan, i restored to the day BEFORE i installed all of those apps and my savedprefrences and registration codes are still being lost.

Can anyone help me with this problem?? I really dont want to do a hard reset =(

Thank you for any suggestions/help!
    How long have you had your phone? this sounds as though this could be a defective unit?
  3.    #3  
    I've had it for a couple of weeks now...

It never had this problem before, im almost sure its a software conflict.
    I use resco backup... no problem at all!!! Have been using it for awhile.

Backs up automatically every night at 4:15 am, right after it shuts off automatically.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    I agree that it could be a defective unit. You might want to consider exchanging it.

In the meantime, you could do a hard reset and then selectively put your programs back on the Treo, rebuilding the SavedPrefs file while you go, and leave off LookAtMe and mReset and RadioState, since you feel that your problems began after you installed these 3. Good luck.
    Communications is the toughest thing we do.
    unlocked Cingular (GSM) Treo 650, 1.51 firmware, 1.17 CNG software
  6.    #6  
    Nono, im not sure that it is backupman, i have been using it for awhile, and its fine...

I had a hard time uninstalling BlueBoard, but i finally got it uninstalled. Im starting to think that BlueBoard was actually the problem, i installed that along with mReset and LookAtMe. Ill keep you guys updated, im going to go try it out in my car right now and see if it freezes and resets.

Thanks for you help!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev1000000
    Nono, im not sure that it is backupman, i have been using it for awhile, and its fine...

I had a hard time uninstalling BlueBoard, but i finally got it uninstalled. Im starting to think that BlueBoard was actually the problem, i installed that along with mReset and LookAtMe. Ill keep you guys updated, im going to go try it out in my car right now and see if it freezes and resets.

Thanks for you help!

Pretty sure it's a software issue... Seems like you are on the right path.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
  8.    #8  
    well, it it just reset again after trying it out with my car, i lost my prefrences again...

However, my gf's phone was also trying to connect to my car at the same time, which caused my treo to freeze. I have NO idea how my gf's phone got paired with my car, but oh well... It still is random though, because it would reset with the saved prefrences lost even if it wasnt paired with the car. Hopefully though this should solve one part of the problem.

I am going to update to BackupMan 2.02 also and see if that helps at all.

Ill keep you guys updated, and if anyone else has any suggestions, please let me know!
    List all your installed apps, maybe someone here can spot a potential conflict.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    List all your installed apps, maybe someone here can spot a potential conflict.
    PocketTunes
    RealPlayer
    RescoLocker
    AcidSolitaire
    AgendusPro10
    BackupMan 1.54
    Butler
    DirAssit
    Fonts4OS5
    KeyCaps650
    LemonadeStand
    LJP
    MicroQuad
    VersaMail
    VolumeCare
    zLauncher
  11.    #11  
    Ehh, still happening =(
    What version of Butler? This app was blamed for this very thing for a long time. The newest version has an experimental feature that is supposed to help the "lost preferences" issue. Check it out.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    Strange. Long story short: I used to have the same problem on my Treo 600. I discovered that when I hotsync using the option "handheld overwrites desktop", the problem went away.

Stalker768
  14.    #14  
    I use the latest version of butler with that option enabled.

And i dont use that setting for hotsync
    what carrier and firmware are you running?

and have you tried the latest zlauncher....(beta)
    i had the lost preferences quite often, the newest gsm firmware stopped it...but the resets continued until i killed java
  16.    #16  
    T-Mobile 1.20ENA 1.71 firmware...

I have the latest zlauncher and i do not have java installed.
    try running for a day or two WITHOUT butler....see if it stops..losing prefs that is, the resets are almost inevitable still....
  18.    #18  
    I really dont think its butler, i've had it installed for weeks now and its been fine.

I got rid of a bunch of programs and i am trying the new version of backupman. So far so good, but its only been a day.

Ill keep you guys updated, thanks for all of the help!
    Addin that many programs in just the short time you ahve ahd the phone, especially some of those listed, is bound to make things difficult. From my reading of the boards, PocketTunes, AgendusPro10, Butler, Fonts4OS5, KeyCaps650 all have given peeps grief at one time or another and combining them only increases the likelihood of a problem.

My advice is:

1. Do a hard reset after renaming your backup folder.
    2. Use the phone for a few days looking for problems....add the BT heasdet / car into the mix...for anotehr day or 2.
    3. Install "Uninstall Manager" from Northglide.
    4. Install a program and Hotsync
    5. Repeat step 4 for 2 or 3 more programs, hotsyncing between each install, saving those known to be problematic for last. You'll want to install programs 1 at a time so UM can correctly associate every file with the appropriate program.
    6. After a few days, if you have any issues move on to next set of programs, again 1 at a time. If you have problems, UM should correctly uninstall ALL files associated with that program.
  20.    #20  
    Thanks Jack!

Ill try that and let you know how it goes