Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heinrich
    There is a stretch of interstate 288 just outside of Richmond, VA that was opened almost a year ago. This stretch of interstate cuts much city-driving out between certain points. Even though it's been a year, maps.google.com and Tomtom both do not show it. I find it infuriating.

I did not realize that Tomtom went back to 2002. That's really bad. I dare not use it driving up to DC, the mixing bowl is radically different now

Not to worry, TomTom works great in and around DC. If you have to go through the mixing bowl just look at the road signs (the old way before gps came on the scene)
    TT5 maps are more than 3.5 years old.

Your guys just make this situation too complicated. TT5 actually doesn't do the map check at all, neither does Mapopolis. Neither TT or Mapopolis has the ability to do it. The two companies behind TT5 and Mapopolis do all work about maps.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by cellneuron
    TT5 maps are more than 3.5 years old.

Your guys just make this situation too complicated. TT5 actually doesn't do the map check at all, neither does Mapopolis. Neither TT or Mapopolis has the ability to do it. The two companies behind TT5 and Mapopolis do all work about maps.
    EXACTLY what I was trying to say in the begining.. If there are newer maps...AND THERE ARE... Why do we not have access to them yet?

TT has to convert them to their format to be used in their software..So they need to do this on a more regular basis..
    Quote Originally Posted by wbwjr
    Not to worry, TomTom works great in and around DC. If you have to go through the mixing bowl just look at the road signs (the old way before gps came on the scene)
    On my last trip to DC, I expected to turn left at this huge intersection witha double lane left turn. TT wanted me to go one more block at which point I observed a "NO LEFT TURN" sign. After passing that street, it reconfigured and had me turning elft at next street ... NO LEFT TURN.....after thr 4th time I just made 3 rights
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12