1.    #1  
    Longtime lurker, first time poster.

My Treo regularly resets and/or goes to sleep and won't wake up. I am going to attempt to get it replaced from Cingular but would like to back it up first. Don't really have much on except mring and a few tones. Any 3rd party apps I should use to back it up?

Thanks

J
    A hotsync should be all you need.

In fact, do a hotsync now and a hard reset. (Treo should be empty, if not, you did not preform the hard reset correctly.)

Does your Treo still have the issues, in this empty state, prior to any re-hotsync?

If not, your issue is probably software corruption based and not hardware releated.

Is this the loose SIM issue?

If the Treo is fine after the hard reset:

Rename your backup folder (Programs>Palm>youruserid>backup) to backupold.
    Then hotsync.
    Should just have your PIM data back and no 3rd party software.

Run this way for awhile. . . . still okay? If so, it was one of the 3rd party software's you had installed that was causing the problem . . . .

Cheers, Perry.
  3.    #3  
    Will try the hard reset and hotsync, though I did hard reset two days ago and it seemed to be worse.

I have the new sim tray installed.

The only 3rd party app that I have installed is mring. If I get a replacement will I lose Mring?
    Quote Originally Posted by attyjoel
    Will try the hard reset and hotsync, though I did hard reset two days ago and it seemed to be worse.

I have the new sim tray installed.

The only 3rd party app that I have installed is mring. If I get a replacement will I lose Mring?
    Don't forget to rename the backup folder on the PC before you resync, this keeps any 3rd party software corruption from being put right back onto your Treo.

mRing should still be on your PC to reload onto the replacement.
    Last edited by gtwo; 02/10/2006 at 10:25 AM.