Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Anyone have experience using one of the bluetooth cellphone headsets with their PC? Maybe for use with an IM client, games, or some type of pc phone program that would normally use a desktop mic, and use the modem to dial a number?

I have a small linksys bluetooth 'dongle' that I bought to use with my T3, but now that I have a Treo 650, and bluetooth headset, I'd like to get some more use out of the headset, as described above.

suggestions?

thanks
    Brent
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Look at the Plantronics Voyager 510 that may be what you are looking for. Hope this helps. God Bless.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Thanks, but I'd like to utilize the palmOne Bluetooth headset I already have, not buy another one. This must be possible somehow with the right software/bluetooth profile.

thanks
    Brent
    I have used my hbh-662 a few times just playing around. Setting it up was pretty easy but the procedure will vary a bit depending on what bluetooth stack you are using. If you go into control panel and whatever bluetooth utilities you have there it should be fairly straightforward. In bluetooth devices you will be able to connect or disconnect the headset. After you are set up you might have to go into sounds and audio devices utility also in control panel and under the voice tab set the default devices for sound and recording to bluetooth. Whenever your bluetooth is off it will default back to your system speakers until you start bluetooth again.