Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    Well, I just saw the add for these at the top of this site and must say, never before has the urge to purchase something sight-unseen (besides a picture) been so high.

These things look like sex for your ears. I want one badly

Tough thing is I am in the market for a bt headset, but, while I'll use it a lot at work on the salesfloor, I want it mostly for driving and I hear bad things about driving and how well they work.

I guess my pics are between the JX10, that new moto coming out that gets the sound from inside your head instead of an external mike, and this sexy, sexy headset
    Move from Razr to Razrwire.....Treo users like us are gadget happy and that tends to make us look geeky.....these put the "kew-el" factor back in

http://direct.motorola.com/ens/RAZRW...A&language=ENS
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    300 bucks for sunglasses with a bt headset strapped in is a definate no go for me, although I can picture instances and scenarios in which it would be perfect (just not while at work).
    Quote Originally Posted by Stihl
    300 bucks for sunglasses with a bt headset strapped in is a definate no go for me, although I can picture instances and scenarios in which it would be perfect (just not while at work).
    Bu what price can ya put on "kew-elness" ?

Kidding aside, I see a couple of good uses......

....when I mountain bike, no shot at getting a BT earclippie headset to stay on during rough trail rides.

......if you wear prescription glasses.
    new moto coming out that gets the sound from inside your head instead of an external mike, and this sexy, sexy headset
    Is surgery required? HOw does this work?
    741 Posts
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    It looks almost like a little button; you just stick it in your ear and it gathers the sound from the vibrations inside your head. Supposedly, this is supposed to give you PERFECT sound both ways, but it's not out yet to test
    it gathers the sound from the vibrations inside your head.
    Gee, I wonder if my doctor here at the funny farm knows they can do that now?
    Hmmm... That RAZRWIRE looks pretty neat. I was just wondering earlier if they made sunglasses that are bluetooth headset compatible. I have a Plantronics Voyager 510 and I can't wear my sunglasses when I have the headset on which is bad here where I live since it gets so bright outside on good days. Anyone know if Oakley makes sunglasses like the ones Morpheus wears in the Matrix?
    I wanted this headset too. But no one seems to have used it yet, so I have no idea how well it works. I may have to TOFTT.

One thing I have seen. Moto headsets pair up well with Moto devices(personal experience), but seem to sometimes have a problem on Treos(board posts). For $120, this one should pair up with anything!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    I think I'm gonna try and hunt a pair down thats actually in a store somewhere (for quick return) tomorrow. If I succeed, I'll test it out for a few weeks and make a bigass post about it
    Best Buy is selling it for $90 instead of $120. although that one looks grey, TC's looks black.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1134699644065

The thing about BB though is they love their 15% restocking fee if you use the item. Don't know if TC has the same policy.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    According to a post on the internet, select Cingular walk-in stores are supposed to carry the RAZRWIRE. I may call around tomorrow.

Lady:

Cingular / oakley / Moto had a press release way back in July

http://oakley.com/about/razrwire/
    http://cingular.mediaroom.com/index....ases&item=1207

"SCHAUMBURG, IL, FOOTHILL RANCH, Calif. and ATLANTA, July 25, 2005 - Motorola, Inc. (NYSE: MOT), a global leader in wireless communications, and Oakley, Inc. (NYSE: OO), a worldwide leader in premium sunglasses and apparel, today announced the expected availability of RAZRWIRE Bluetooth eyewear in early August at select Cingular Wireless retail stores and online at www.cingular.com, www.hellomoto.com, and www.oakley.com. RAZRWIRE is the world's first eyewear to combine patented Oakley optics with Bluetooth wireless technology."

Can but them here:

http://onlinestorez.cingular.com/cel..._id=2307300037

But personally, if I was in market, I'd be into one of the stores with 3 different color schemes and a test required....especially of you want prescription lenses.
    My favorite Cingular store says they have the RAZRWIRE!! Should I go for it? Also, anyone know if the BT part is detachable?

I didn't see the RAZR BT headset though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    My favorite Cingular store says they have the RAZRWIRE!!
    I'd give it a "walkthru".... bring in your Treo, test it out, walk out a bit poorer if you likey ....a 14 day test sounds reasonable
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    My favorite Cingular store says they have the RAZRWIRE!! Should I go for it? Also, anyone know if the BT part is detachable?

I didn't see the RAZR BT headset though.

yes it is removable, I also heard a rumor (from a sunglasshut sales guy...go figure) that they are planning on releasing a behind the ear clip to use when its dark out or you're inside. (which makes sense lets hope they DOOOOOOOO release it)

You can also search EBay for just the earpiece I think I saw them there for about $75-80.00 USD
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23
    yes it is removable, I also heard a rumor (from a sunglasshut sales guy...go figure) that they are planning on releasing a behind the ear clip to use when its dark out or you're inside. (which makes sense lets hope they DOOOOOOOO release it)
    I think I'd get custom "light sensing" prescription lenses if I was to bother with this thingamajig. Tho this thing would be much better if it allowed you to swap lenses....i really appreciate the orange tinted lenses when trail riding.
    yeah but for those without perscriptions.... yet at least....
    There is no spoon.
    It does seem odd they have no standard offering for light sensing lenses.
    Lady did you take the plunge?
    There is no spoon.