Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta
    I don't know anything about the release of BBC nor do I plan to use it...but for those interested in info on it, Treonauts had a story on it 1 year ago (!) saying it was in "final beta"...lol. (there are pics there too):

Link
    Yes, this item was spoken about over a year ago, and carrier testing had initially been the hold up. When news of the RIM case broke to our ears, it was at that time it was put on hold and (possibly) some testing to hone the app. But basically, its been in Palm's hands, and the carriers have had it. We just wait for whats next. If you will, if BBConnect uses the old method, then RIM needs to redo BBConnect for the new method to keep things legal. That is another round of testing and certification.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Quote Originally Posted by darklord
    If I get more info I'll let you all know. Its all very vage... P1 is very alert on leaking info ;-)
    DL, any possiblity in you contacting me, I have to ask you a question about this very comment.

I can't say, but I have seen the development of this software. Like I said, as far as I know it's ready, but not yet released to the public.
    To be clear: it will be an add-on, not a new firmware. The BBC is developed in the 1.20 firmware.
    I don't know for sure, but 1.20 probably will be the last firmware for the Treo 650...

I also got word from inside P1 they are developing a new Treo for Europe. The Treo 700w will never be released in Europe so they are busy designing/testing a new one. Details: it won't have an antenna like all other Treos, it will run WM5 and the camera will be a lot more advanced....
    Very Interesting!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Oh, Noooooo!!!

Don't tell me that is Hollywood! A WM5 device??!!

I want an advanced, no-antenna PalmOS Treo!!!
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    to clarify the status of NTP's patents, it will be quite some time before any of the claims of NTP's patents are deemed unpatentable. "Final Office Action" has been issued in the reexamination and NTP can simple put it back into non-final status by amending the claims with a "Request to Continue Examination." I'm sure that NTP will spare no expenses in trying to make sure that a patent is issued. What would be interesting if NTP can amend their claims to cover the BB patch.
    If I get more info I'll let you all know. Its all very vage... P1 is very alert on leaking info ;-)
    darklord,

Any word on A2DP support? I'm likely going to return my Treo 650 if A2DP is not in the roadmap.
    Quote Originally Posted by stoked
    darklord,

Any word on A2DP support? I'm likely going to return my Treo 650 if A2DP is not in the roadmap.

I don't mean to be rude here, but....you bought a device KNOWING (you did research before buying, right?) it does not support a particular feature, and expect that it should be added in the near future or you will return said device?

I'd say your chances are not good at all. Take back the phone.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo

I don't mean to be rude here, but....you bought a device KNOWING (you did research before buying, right?) it does not support a particular feature, and expect that it should be added in the near future or you will return said device?

I'd say your chances are not good at all. Take back the phone.
    My carrier only has 2 data devices, and only 1 palm device. I don't exactly have a lot to choose from, so no I didn't research all the specs of the phone that much since I initially didn't want a WM device.

Anyhow, any word on this major update? Close to end of Feb.
    darklord,

i hope palm will not forget that there is this time stamp problem with 1.20-LAP and 1.20-ENA firmware
    The weather in Richmond, B.C. is

The weather in MY Place is

For Car and Pictures Enthusiast!
    http://www.ngkhai.net/cars
    http://www.ngkhai.net/cebupics
    Quote Originally Posted by cdboy
    darklord,

i hope palm will not forget that there is this time stamp problem with 1.20-LAP and 1.20-ENA firmware
    And not to forget the very annoying echo when using a bluetooth carkit...
    Quote Originally Posted by Antoine of MMM
    DL, any possiblity in you contacting me, I have to ask you a question about this very comment.
    Why do you want to ask me a question about this. You can ask it on the forum. I can't tell you more than others....
    Quote Originally Posted by cdboy
    darklord,

What problem? Be more specific please.
    Quote Originally Posted by stoked
    darklord,

See http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=108084
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Why do you want to ask me a question about this. You can ask it on the forum. I can't tell you more than others....
    I have a personal policy of not asking questions within a particular thread that are off topic or personal as such that a personal message would be better able to be asked in. I do not see the option to send you a PM, so I was resorted to leave a public message. Tis ok though, I forgot what it was that I was going to ask (doh).

In reading at PalmInsider about the not being able to send contact info via SMS bug, I am of the opinion that nearly flawless software would be a great thing to have, almost as much as new features. But oh well. My 650 serves me well, and if it werent for the design of some programs, it would probably be even better.

So, I just read a story today that RIM has come to a deal with NTP, they will pay NTP 612 million dollar, and are then entitled to continue business, and for now and in the future they are safe from any new courtcases whatsoever.

And back to Treo, will this mean that we will see the new firmware (with Blackberry functionality?) any time soon then? Hope so...
    So for what it's worth, this is what I know about the BB Connect software, from a trusted source. I didn't see this mentioned previously, so forgive me if someone already mentioned it.

As dl said, it is ready from Palm but it is in the hands of the carriers. Cingular, Sprint, Verizon, etc., will release their own versions of BB Connect on their network. I was told that Cingular will be first and it should be released in March or April. But the carriers are in control of it at this point. I tried to get information from my contact on the Cingular Blue side but have not heard back yet.

This is second hand information but, again, it is from a trusted source.
    Might still be February.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    I hear that the Treo 650 will be discontinued in April 2006.
    Sprint will get the 700p first and verizon was 700w for at least 4 more months.
    Made this just for fun...I'm Kermit

spread the rumors camel spread em wide..lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Antoine of MMM
    In reading at PalmInsider about the not being able to send contact info via SMS bug, I am of the opinion that nearly flawless software would be a great thing to have, almost as much as new features. But oh well. My 650 serves me well, and if it werent for the design of some programs, it would probably be even better.

Antoine, for what it's worth...there actually is a workaround for sending vcards via SMS using the favorites/distribution lists as workarounds. Although I do agre it's stupid that this is not a default option though...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast