1.    #1  
    Just curious if anyone is using an AT&T SIM card and are now out of contract. I am using one and my contract is up in April. The plan I have would cost $20 more per month with Cingular and I was curious if they will make me switch to one of their SIM's and plans.
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    I am still on my dark blue ATT SIM with Cingular service now (unlocked GSM treo 650).
    They've never asked me to switch.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by chankla
    I am still on my dark blue ATT SIM with Cingular service now (unlocked GSM treo 650).
    They've never asked me to switch.
    So your contract is no longer active?
    I have had an AT&T SIMM for three years and three phones. I have a super sweet deal through a previous employer that is hard to give up.

Right after the Cingular deal happened, I called up to see if I could switch over to the Orange side but they could not touch the deal I was getting.

My contract expired a little over a year ago and I have not touched it. I am afraid, however, that if I want to make changes to my account or purchase a subsidized phone, I will lose my sweet deal. I am holding out making any changes as long as I can. I have made some data plan changes but that has not impacted my voice plan.
  5. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Some of it depends on your employer; Cingular does have discounts in place. Before the merger, Cingular was primarily consumer-focused; one of the reasons they wanted to buy AT&T was the business accounts. It took a little while before that was straightened out, though. The discounts may or may not be as substantial, depending on the company.

Also, in order to get 3G speed (once a Treo is available in the US that supports it), you'll need the new UICC--a newer SIM card optimized for UMTS/HSDPA. That'll mean changes even if you get an unlocked phone.