1.    #1  
    I applied the 1.20 ENA f/w for unlocked GSM over 1.13 ROW on a locked Rogers Treo 650 with success, subject to the following:

1. "Phone Info - More": Carrier DB only went to 249. I fixed this by reflashing a second time using 14.8MB free RAM instead of the "alternate" method. This put Carrier DB to 255.

2. IBM JavaVM had to be reinstalled (needed for kmaps). Since there was a newer version on the Palm site, this was an improvement.

3. Under "Prefs":
    Date & Time: the "Enable Local Network Time" box was reset to "on", so the box had to be cleared to save battery life; "Beam receive" remained "off";
    Power: auto off had to be reset to 1 minute;
    Keyguard was reset to "on" (I keep it off);
    Bluetooth: kept it "off";
    Buttons: had to be reset to my own configuration

4. Omar Sharif Bridge had to be updated because the graphics went downhill. An update is available from support@zingmagic.com -- you need version 2.00F (104). It runs fine from the SD card.

5. After the reflashing, my free RAM actually went up 1.6MB, rather than falling 0.6MB as they indicated it would. I would guess some legacy trash got cleared out in the process.

6. I deleted all of the non-English Documents to Go files in RAM, keeping any US or British files. This seems to work fine. I then used DatavizTech to move most of DTG to the card, AGConnect to move AvantGo to the card, put kmaps and its maps onto the card, and put Palm PDF files on the card, but left IBM JavaVM in RAM. I have 14.8MB free RAM fully up, which seems to be adequate.

6. I have not experienced the battery decline increase some others refer to.
    Hey HoneyDo

Always nice to see a fellow Rogers Treo owner... I've also upgraded my Rogers Treo with the new OS. Just yesterday, I installed one of James' Gangut's custom ROMs with FAT32 support and so far so good.

When I first flashed my phone, it took a while to recognize the Rogers network when the phone was turned on. I think the CarrierProfiles version was responsible for that. I got 255 in place now and things are not too bad, but I was expecting a much better connect time based on other user's experience.

I don't know what's keeping the official Rogers ROM update, but at this point I'm not sure I'll load it should it ever show up.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HoneyDo
    I applied the 1.20 ENA f/w for unlocked GSM over 1.13 ROW on a locked Rogers Treo 650 with success, subject to the following:

1. "Phone Info - More": Carrier DB only went to 249. I fixed this by reflashing a second time using 14.8MB free RAM instead of the "alternate" method. This put Carrier DB to 255.

2. IBM JavaVM had to be reinstalled (needed for kmaps). Since there was a newer version on the Palm site, this was an improvement.

3. Under "Prefs":
    Date & Time: the "Enable Local Network Time" box was reset to "on", so the box had to be cleared to save battery life; "Beam receive" remained "off";
    Power: auto off had to be reset to 1 minute;
    Keyguard was reset to "on" (I keep it off);
    Bluetooth: kept it "off";
    Buttons: had to be reset to my own configuration

4. Omar Sharif Bridge had to be updated because the graphics went downhill. An update is available from support@zingmagic.com -- you need version 2.00F (104). It runs fine from the SD card.

5. After the reflashing, my free RAM actually went up 1.6MB, rather than falling 0.6MB as they indicated it would. I would guess some legacy trash got cleared out in the process.

6. I deleted all of the non-English Documents to Go files in RAM, keeping any US or British files. This seems to work fine. I then used DatavizTech to move most of DTG to the card, AGConnect to move AvantGo to the card, put kmaps and its maps onto the card, and put Palm PDF files on the card, but left IBM JavaVM in RAM. I have 14.8MB free RAM fully up, which seems to be adequate.

6. I have not experienced the battery decline increase some others refer to.

Hey there, good to hear you managed to do it.

I just tried to do the same but failed. Flashing stock palm 1.20 ENA firmware on a locked (never tested the lock) Rogers GSM phone.

With 14.4 mb free, I ran the updater, it backed up, copied the files then errored out saying unbranded phone could not be flashed. Funnily enough after the phone reset itself I got the take SD card out of the slot before proceeding message, I chose to cancel as I was a little afraid. In hindsight the error though seemingly branded related may have had something to do with the SD card still being in.

Can you confirm that you are able to flash the stock palm firmware to a locked Rogers phone??

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Just to confirm that I am in fact unable to update my Rogers 650 using the unlocked GSM 1.20 firmware. Seems the error described above had nothing to do with the SD card.

Help is appreciated.
    hmmm i wonder if the Rogers Wireless Treo 650 is really locked? this is one thing that i doubt
    The weather in Richmond, B.C. is

The weather in MY Place is

For Car and Pictures Enthusiast!
    http://www.ngkhai.net/cars
    http://www.ngkhai.net/cebupics
    It is. I have stuck a different SIM in mine to check. A Fido SIM prior to Rogers buying them. It did not work and said the phone was locked to a specific carrier. Rogers #$%#$%
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    That sounds great that the upgrade worked! I'm going to do it over the next few days.

I'm also planning on unlocking my phone (because I travel internationally often).

Have any of you done this and is doing one before the other beneficial?

Thanks!
    I did the upgrade yesterday. I had to make several attempts as it kept dying because of not enough free space. My carrier DB is 259. What is that and the importance of it?

Also do you find the update process dangerous. Here is what I mean.
    1. I download the update.
    2. I sync my Treo with my Desktop.
    3. I make a copy of my Palm folder on my Desktop. **** VERY IMPORTANT ****
    4. I run the update.
    5. The update fails because of not enough memory.
    6. I delete some files.
    7. Repeat steps 5 & 6 two more times.
    8. The update finally starts and first thing is does is a hot sync. But I just deleted files so the updated could run.
    9. Update completes
    10. Successfully synced after update. Except now I missing all the data I deleted in step 6. Some data got moved to "Unfiled" because suddenly after the update I have more the 15 categories.
    11. Fortunately, I copied my Palm fold. So I copy back from the backup folder and do a custom sync where Desktop overwrites handheld.

So questions. What am I doing wrong? How can I get the update to update Doc2GO if I had to delete it?
    If I wasn't wise enough to backup my Palm folder I would be screwed. Is there a better way to do this?