Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21
  1.    #1  
    It was with much anticipation and hope that I purchased the new Seidio retractable hybrid headset with "noise isolating" in-ear buds. The verdict: they suck.

    Background: I posted some weeks back begging for someone to make headphones for the Treo that sounded like the excellent Sony Fontopia earphones I use with my 256 MB USB-stick MP3 Player. I thought, "wouldn't it be great to have this sound AND be able to use my 1GB card and better software in my Treo?"

    After spending the $50+ bucks for the new Seidio phones once they hit the market, I waited impatiently, finally got them and promptly wanted to cry.

    1) The sound sucks. They do a poor job of sound reproduction (music). No bass and they distort very easily. The overall sound is thin, distorted and tinny. Even the P-Tunes equalizer couldn't really fix it.

    2) Noise isolation is somewhat poor due to the bad fit of the ear plugs. Unlike Sony, Seidio only offers one size silicone tip. You'd better hope you have just the right size ear canal.

    3) To top it all off, I can't even use the headset for phone calls because people claim they hear an interference-type noise that makes the sound quality of my voice crummy.

    I would really like my money back, but figure I probably farted around too long now to do much about it. Maybe this will help you. If you know of a similar, better competitive product, please tell me!!

    And Seidio, if you ever do acknowledge that product v 1.0 stinks and make a substantial upgrade to it, let me know.
  2. Stihl's Avatar
    Posts
    741 Posts
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    #2  
    Seriously, thanks for the heads up. I can't believe Seidio products are so hated on this site but so prominently featured-I find that pretty annoying.

    If anyone knows where to get an extended life battery better than the one Seidio offers, lemme know.
  3. #3  
    Send me your treo and $100 and I can add a 3.5 mm jack... and then you can use REAL headphones!!!

    includes permanent fix to Audio jack "ghost" problem
    Last edited by nonobeez; 02/09/2006 at 09:06 PM. Reason: additional info
    .
    .
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
  4. #4  
    The rep will be here and will correct the problem. It always happens when someone posts.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez
    Send me your treo and $100 and I can add a 3.5 mm jack... and then you can use REAL headphones!!!

    includes permanent fix to Audio jack "ghost" problem

    Cool site!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  6. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #6  
    Agree. Save your money. Seidio may have a great rep, but every item of theirs I've purchased has proven to be cheap and did not last. I know that this sounds a bit harsh, but after 3 or 4 failed products, I think they have it coming.
  7. #7  
    I gotta agree. They have some cool products but not many work right. My Seidio Holdster broke, new one is coming. My seidio hybrid adapter broke, the seidio cradle is decent, but must be positioned properly to work right.

    Hey Noobeez, I email u about a 3.5mm jack when u going to reapond and how much does it cost and how long does it take?
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy
    I gotta agree. They have some cool products but not many work right. My Seidio Holdster broke, new one is coming. My seidio hybrid adapter broke, the seidio cradle is decent, but must be positioned properly to work right.

    Hey Noobeez, I email u about a 3.5mm jack when u going to reapond and how much does it cost and how long does it take?

    I respond to all emails. Some I guess do not make it past spam blockers while others block gmail.

    I charge $100 for the one in the antenna. I don't replace the original one.

    me@treotricks.com
    .
    .
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by netipus
    It was with much anticipation and hope that I purchased the new Seidio retractable hybrid headset with "noise isolating" in-ear buds. The verdict: they suck.

    Background: I posted some weeks back begging for someone to make headphones for the Treo that sounded like the excellent Sony Fontopia earphones I use with my 256 MB USB-stick MP3 Player. I thought, "wouldn't it be great to have this sound AND be able to use my 1GB card and better software in my Treo?"

    After spending the $50+ bucks for the new Seidio phones once they hit the market, I waited impatiently, finally got them and promptly wanted to cry.

    1) The sound sucks. They do a poor job of sound reproduction (music). No bass and they distort very easily. The overall sound is thin, distorted and tinny. Even the P-Tunes equalizer couldn't really fix it.

    2) Noise isolation is somewhat poor due to the bad fit of the ear plugs. Unlike Sony, Seidio only offers one size silicone tip. You'd better hope you have just the right size ear canal.

    3) To top it all off, I can't even use the headset for phone calls because people claim they hear an interference-type noise that makes the sound quality of my voice crummy.

    I would really like my money back, but figure I probably farted around too long now to do much about it. Maybe this will help you. If you know of a similar, better competitive product, please tell me!!

    And Seidio, if you ever do acknowledge that product v 1.0 stinks and make a substantial upgrade to it, let me know.
    Hi,

    Sounds to me like you've gotten a defective set of headphones. If you would be kind enough to email me directly, we'll be happy to replace them with a tested set before they go out to you. As far as the fit of the plugs, we offer an additional kit for $5.95 that supplies you with 2 different sizes that are interchangable with the built-in ones. Anyway, please email me today and I'll help to take care of things for you immediately. FYI, if you are unhappy with one of our products right out of the box, you have the option of returning it for a refund. As soon as I hear from you, we'll make things right.

    David Silver
    Operations Manager
    Seidio, INC.
    davidsilver@seidio.com
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael
    Agree. Save your money. Seidio may have a great rep, but every item of theirs I've purchased has proven to be cheap and did not last. I know that this sounds a bit harsh, but after 3 or 4 failed products, I think they have it coming.
    Just our of curiosity, which products are you talking about? Did you contact tech support or try to submit an RMA? We can't help with problems we don't know about.

    David
  11. #11  
    He didn't receive a defective product, it's just that the sound quality on these is terrible.

    Just another heads up to everyone save your $50, WAY overpriced and the sound quality is just terrible. Used them for a day and they are going back. I purchased that $3.99 adaptor everyone is talking about in another thread so I can use my good quality Sony earbuds.
    1 | 2
  12. santas's Avatar
    Posts
    624 Posts
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    #12  
    I saw the sure series headsets for the Treo last week at the airport. They're in the three figures, but I'd assume the sound would be pretty good.
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by santa
    I saw the sure series headsets for the Treo last week at the airport. They're in the three figures, but I'd assume the sound would be pretty good.
    That's pretty cool they're making em for Treos now!
    1 | 2
  14. santas's Avatar
    Posts
    624 Posts
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by MFizzel
    That's pretty cool they're making em for Treos now!
    Yep... they've got the single wire, with the mini-plug, and a mic/button on the wire. No retracto feature, just a straight wire.
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
  15. BNelson's Avatar
    Posts
    67 Posts
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    #15  
    I got the 2-in-1 Retractable Isolator Headset, as well. The sound has virtually no bass, and they fall out of my ears constantly. All in all, I agree completely with what's been said here.

    The stereo headsets that came with my i-mate PPC Phones sound at least twice as good as these, and they were free; not $50+.
  16. #16  
    Interesting, I purchased a pair of Seidio earbuds for music and making calls. I thought the sound quality was sub par and they crapped out in about 6 months or so. I called the Treo Store here and told that there was nothing they could do since the warranty was only 30 days.

    I chalked it up to being a sucker and decided not to purchase another Seidio product. Really, a 30 day warranty...that sure inspires confidence.

    The point of this post was that I also often wondered why the company's presence here is so prominent yet the quality of products seems to be hit or miss. I thought I was the only one who couldn't quite figure it out.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by MFizzel
    He didn't receive a defective product, it's just that the sound quality on these is terrible.
    Wait, let's be honest here... until I see additional notes supporting that the ALL the headphones suck, then it IS very possible that the set being talked about here ARE defective. It seems to me that Seidio is making an honest attempt to replace the set.

    Besides, isn't there a TC review of the hybrids? I know there was concern about the mike, but the reviewer seemed to like the sound quality on their end.

    Sometimes I swear that TC must have some sort of business selling torches and pitchforks to all the angry villagers...
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by theswami
    Interesting, I purchased a pair of Seidio earbuds for music and making calls. I thought the sound quality was sub par and they crapped out in about 6 months or so. I called the Treo Store here and told that there was nothing they could do since the warranty was only 30 days.

    I chalked it up to being a sucker and decided not to purchase another Seidio product. Really, a 30 day warranty...that sure inspires confidence.

    The point of this post was that I also often wondered why the company's presence here is so prominent yet the quality of products seems to be hit or miss. I thought I was the only one who couldn't quite figure it out.
    Actually, our warranty period is 6 months on almost all products that don't have a retractable cable involved - those are warranted for 90 days.

    David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    Actually, our warranty period is 6 months on almost all products that don't have a retractable cable involved - those are warranted for 90 days.

    David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
    Well, the folks here at the Treo Store told me 30 days for my purchase. I found that unbelievable at the time but moved on.

    I guess I should have gone right to the source. My biggest mistake was not posting here because you could have helped me, you seem to respond to folks pretty quickly. I'm not one to create thread that say a certain product "stinks" most often for smaller purchases that don't meet my expections I usually get satisfaction from the seller or I vote with my wallet.
  20. #20  
    It looks like there are two different warranties for the Seidio products, which is fairly normal for anything you buy. You have the seller's warranty (30 days in this case) and 6 months for the manufacturer.

    I consistantly forget to remember that I've got extended warranties on products. Then again, I consider it a hassle to send a product back in. Far too often, it's just easier to replace something and upgrade at the same time.
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions