Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    rock on, I wonder if they will charge us to upgrade?
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    I might be wrong, but isn't this actually from something they announced last year- the date on the press release is Oct 17th
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    How can they provide BB services on a platform which is unstable as it is?
    Is this carrier specific? Personally I couldn't care less about the BB-like service. But this can finally put Palm VS BB debates to rest.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by frank-barnett
    I might be wrong, but isn't this actually from something they announced last year- the date on the press release is Oct 17th

Yes, but it's all about the............. " Available Early 2006".
    I wish it would hurry up and get here....I can't wait to dump Biz Connection for my corp. email and get on the corp. platform (that is, if BB stays up and running after this month )
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    For fun & profit & Christ,
    TWF in Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    What is new about this? The Palm web site has had this up for months.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I have chatter and don't need enterprise solution... Chatter is a good push email program and I won't miss BB a bit.
    Need WIFI, 3.5G, slim and light form factor for Treo to win me back from Samsung i600 !!!!!
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    is this for before or after the judge signs the injunction?
    I'd be surprised if they shut down rim- I mean ntp has had the five key patents provisionally rejected and for the judge not to take that into consideration would be a monumental display of a lack of common sense.

I had a bb 7100 for work, but got sick of the dropped calls (tmobile) and the straw that broke the camels back was when they upgraded the server in the office and the bb software on my computer crashed when trying to upgrade the unit.

no thank you. for all the times I've curse my treo out, I can always fix it.
    Quote Originally Posted by pump142
    is this for before or after the judge signs the injunction?
    Injunction insmuction

RIM has a workaround ready in case judge rules against.

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2006/02...round_details/

Of course Visto can sue on that one too......they have sued MS and Goodlink so apprently they are convinced they own any "push" service.
    perhaps I should post this seperately but I was able to set up a work around for BB connect for my treo.

On my out of office tool in outlook there is an option to forward e-mail- a while back the tech folks had disabled this feature, but in toying with it recently, its back and I am now forwarding this to my own e-mail account that I have set up for imap access.

no push, but typically when I am on the road, I can only respond to e-mail when I have a moment- I mean if I'm in a meeting or driving, little good does push do me.

Hope some of you other users might find this useful.
    Why wait for BB connect? It probably will not have the features already available using Chatteremail on a Treo. I think both Palm and RIM dropped the ball on that whole product with the long release delay. Chatteremail is the way to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by stheo
    Why wait for BB connect? It probably will not have the features already available using Chatteremail on a Treo. I think both Palm and RIM dropped the ball on that whole product with the long release delay. Chatteremail is the way to go.

Chattermail is great email client, but many users are tied to corp exchange and RIM servers who require BB interoperability. For that, the BB Connect client is a welcome additional solution for the Treo...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    <moved>

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I had a Blackberry (several of 'em) for personal use, no corporate BES, and while they were simply awesome for email, that was about it. Forget web browsing. Yeah, you can do it if you have to, but it's dog-slow and buggy as hell. Phone calls on a BB are mediocre at best. Storage? Don't make me laugh! Internal and non-expandable, you're limited to 64 MB on the newest models, 32 or 16 MB on the older ones. When I got my first Blackberry it was because I was doing a major house renovation and had to stay in touch with all kinds of contractors, workers, electricians, architects, etc. If I wasn't reachable right away then a delay would push everyones' schedules back for days or even weeks. Phones are prohibited during work hours so email was my only option.

I was spending an inordinate amount of time trying newly written programs, researching workarounds and whatnot, just to try to get my Blackberry to do the things a Treo could do. Then the lightbulb went on: Why not simply get a Treo? D'oh!

I like the push email of the Blackberry, but it was not enough to keep me on that platform when the Treo has so many third-party apps available. Then I found the last missing piece of the puzzle: Chattermail. I now have my push email and all the Palm features I love. Versamail sucked. Hard. Snapper Mail was great but lacked the push feature like Chatter. I'm with stheo - forget BB Connect. Chatter does it all.
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo47
    I like the push email of the Blackberry, but it was not enough to keep me on that platform when the Treo has so many third-party apps available. Then I found the last missing piece of the puzzle: Chattermail. I now have my push email and all the Palm features I love. Versamail sucked. Hard. Snapper Mail was great but lacked the push feature like Chatter. I'm with stheo - forget BB Connect. Chatter does it all.
    Fantastic for you. If you have no need for BB connect....don't get it or use it. Enjoy Chatter. Happy that works for you. But....accept the fact that SOME PEOPLE DO NOT HAVE A CHOICE. They cannot "foget BB COnnect. Chatter DOES NOT "do it all"....for everyone.

Why is this concept so difficult to grasp for some folks?

I don't mean to flame, but EVERY SINGLE TIME BB Connect is mentioned, a bunch of people feel the need to spout about how useless it is (or will be?) because of Chatter or Good. It serves a different need. Period.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    I agree with ExtraOrdinaryJo; BB, Good, and Chatter server different needs. I think what these posters mentioning Chatter are trying to say is that BB is not the only push solution available, contrary to what many people believe.

Marc
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast