Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    Which is what we're talking about, correct? Blocking BB "data" would be accomplished by blocking the necessary port. Same is true for other services.
    Or by blocking the whole blackberry.net domain, accomplishes the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Taylor
    Correct.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    Which is what we're talking about, correct? Blocking BB "data" would be accomplished by blocking the necessary port. Same is true for other services.
    Where would they block it? Block all traffic from the BB NOC?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Taylor
    Then you block all traffic, including BB user using that domain.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    Then you block all traffic, including BB user using that domain.
    Well I'm not suggesting that they are dropping packets to RIM or anything like that, but SIM cards provisioned with various SOCs have access to different services on the wireless network.

For instance, on my carrier, I had a data SOC permitting GPRS traffic. It would not permit me to route through the carrier to RIM, however. The BBC client declined connection right up until the moment I changed my account subscriptions online and added a BlackBerry plan. This change caused the carrier to add a BB SOC to my account and permitted my Treo to route BB traffic on designated ports through to RIM.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234