1.    #1  
    Just upgraded from 600 to 650.

Launcher X was transferred during the upgrade, and the first time I used it on the 650 it reset the unit. Now it seems the Applications button activates Launcher X, and brings up the "About" splash screen, and when I press "OK" the system does a reset. I can't get past that to delete the program.

What can I do? I can't access any applications. Do I have to do a hard reset?
    Quote Originally Posted by neffed
    Just upgraded from 600 to 650.

Launcher X was transferred during the upgrade, and the first time I used it on the 650 it reset the unit. Now it seems the Applications button activates Launcher X, and brings up the "About" splash screen, and when I press "OK" the system does a reset. I can't get past that to delete the program.

What can I do? I can't access any applications. Do I have to do a hard reset?
    I am running LauncherX and I remeber having this issue as well. There is a patched version out there just for the 650. Do a search I am sure there is a link around here somewhere.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by neffed
    Just upgraded from 600 to 650. .... Launcher X was transferred during the upgrade,
    Upgrading has proven to be very problematic. Go to Search / Advanced Search and Select "titles only" with "600 650" in the dialog box. You'll get a slew (at least 40) threads on the topic. I found the best way is to:

1. Install new PalmDesktop in different directory.....say:

Treo 600 C:\ProgramFiles\Palm
    Treo 650 C:\ProgramFiles]\PalmOne

2. Select an alternate user name.....say:

Treo 600 - JosephBlow
    Treo 650 - JoeBlow

3. Copy address.db (and equivalents for ToDo, Memo and Calendar if you want all that stuff) from:

Treo 600 C:\ProgramFiles\Palm\JosephBlow
    Treo 650 C:\ProgramFiles]\PalmOne\JoeBlow

4. Hotsync (pick JoeBlow of course, if asked but you shouldn't be)

5. Use just as is for week or so to make sure no hardware problems. Harder to figure out with 40 possibel software conflicts.

Install Northglide's Uninstall Manager.

6. Install your programs one at a time, hotsyncing between each one so UM can associate every file that gets on there with the right program. Better to do a few programs and then use for day or two looking for "issues".

7. Save memory hogging programs and those known to be tricky for last.

Now that you have alreday "upgraded". You will need to do Hard Reset and start from scratch. Make sure to do any ROM upgrades before you start. Again, several threads already this week on same topic so if ya need specifics, search tool is your friend
    Sadly, I saw this for several people upgrading from the 600 to the 650. There's something in the LauncherX related Databases that the 650 thinks is corrupted. You'll need to delete the three files LauncherX Cached Icons, LauncherX Database, LauncherX ToBeDeleted using a program like Filez. Unfortunately you'll lose your tabs when you do this and have to start from scratch.

Once you've got a working set-up, do keep a backup copy around. Every now and then, my copy of the LauncherX files gets broken again. Overwriting them with a recent backup solves the problem though. The only lost data is any applications that have been moved from one tab to another (or are new) since the backup with be in their old (default) position.

Make sure you find the bit bashed version of LauncherX that was tweaked to support the Treo650 d-pad.
    I think this is the link for the Dpad
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...9&postcount=33
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

The other thing I should mention is that when I moved to the 650, I found i no longer needed a Launcher. The default launcher provides all that I need and leaves me more screen real estate.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for all the advice.

I did a hard reset and deleted the old instances of LauncherX, then downloaded the latest version and installed it, followed by the patch referenced above. All seems to be working ok now.