1.    #1  
    Is there a GPS application that will let you record current position by clicking a button so you can later on return to the same position?

The reason I ask is because I had lost my car at the airport parking once because I was running to get a flight. When I got back I couldn't remember where I parked and spent a good 40 minutes looking for my car.

What I'm looking for is a GPS application that will enable me to record current position with one key. Then, I will click "Return to saved position" and it will give me the distance and direction I need to go. Say I'm leaving the terminal and start looking for my car. It will say - 100 Yards and will show an arrow to the correct direction.

So does it exist?
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    I dont think the Treo hardware would support such a thing on its own.
    Sounds like you would need some type of true external gps antenna as well as loaded maps to accomplish this.
  3.    #3  
    of course I assume the GPS hardware exists (BT GPS). I have TT5 with a BT GPS but I would like another application that does what I have described.
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    Try cotoGPS (google it)

This is a freeware app which together with a bluetooth GPS will make it possible to save a location, and direct you back later - using on screen directions (not voice commands)...
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)
  5.    #5  
    Thanks. I'll try it tomorrow.
    You say you use TT5, why not just create a quick POI? I just tested this and it takes like 10-15 seconds. What I did.... tap screen>tapped the next screen arrow>tapped browse map>zoomed all the way in on my current position> pressed the blue 'button' on the bottom>tapped add as POI.... you get the point from here... Easier than maintaining 2 or more programs, plus you'll have door to door routing.

TS
  7.    #7  
    I guess it will work in TT5 but my whole point is do it with one tap so I can do it when in a hurry. The way I imagine it I would like to see a compass with a point in the direction where I need to go and the distance. TT5 is too complicated for that.
    Delorme software and Chicago Map (full lapop version) let you do that...doine it going back at least 10 years. Never tried them on a Treo tho. You can track your entire route and then follow your way back or save it for another trip. I gave my wife the Delorme set a few years back but she never installed it.