1.    #1  
    Good Guy,

I believe that you have had a Beta of 700 customers going on for almost a month now... what if anything can you share RE the findings? I am specifically interested in Battery Life as it relates to having the EVDO radio on all the time to enable the push technology as well as application integration and support.

For example I have grown very fond of the MS Voice Command support and frequently use it to dial from my contacts. In the past the GL contacts were a totatlly seperate application and would not sync the MS/700 contact list. This is going to be a problem. Similiar using the MS solution I can ask my treo via voice command for all of my appointments for the day and it lists them back verbally.

Is the new GL product going to support these functions? If not I am going to have to start looking at the MS push offering and/or using SMS Notify. I am using that now while waiting for GL while not perfect it actually works quite well and integrates with all of the native apps.

Thanks,
    Doug
    Quote Originally Posted by dhegge
    I believe that you have had a Beta of 700 customers going on for almost a month now... what if anything can you share RE the findings? I am specifically interested in Battery Life as it relates to having the EVDO radio on all the time to enable the push technology as well as application integration and support.

For example I have grown very fond of the MS Voice Command support and frequently use it to dial from my contacts. In the past the GL contacts were a totatlly seperate application and would not sync the MS/700 contact list. This is going to be a problem. Similiar using the MS solution I can ask my treo via voice command for all of my appointments for the day and it lists them back verbally.

Is the new GL product going to support these functions? If not I am going to have to start looking at the MS push offering and/or using SMS Notify. I am using that now while waiting for GL while not perfect it actually works quite well and integrates with all of the native apps.

Thanks,
    Doug
    These are some very good points. However I have noticed that the Exchange Activesync function can drain a battery pretty quick as well esp if you have it set to check every 5 minutes. My battery will only last 36 hours with no phone use.

I have also found a little small item that has made the Outlook fucntions a little better in that under the "Screen" settings I turned on ClearType and changed the font size a size down. I could even go all the way and this helps give me more data on the screen the same way GL does. The things I miss are GAL lookup and the auto complete functions in the GL application are better.

Palm has said the Exchange Push update will be comming out by mid year and it does include a few cool features such as shared calendar lookup.

I do hope the GL update is worth it.
  3.    #3  
    Try using the notify when new mail arrives rather than checking every 5 minutes it is much eaisier on battery life. I know what you mean about the fonts I too enabled truetype and made them small. My old eyes could not handle the tinyest setting so I have it one above the smallest.

I am still paying 40 dollars a month in hopes that the good service is worth it. If I don't hear something in the near future I am going to cancel my service. I sure hope GOOD tells us something soon I hate being treated by a mushroom (Keep in the dark and feed sh*t). Good Guy how about an update please!?!
  4.    #4  
    Hey Goodguy where did you go how about a Beta update... Please?
    Doug
    Unfortunately, I support the Sprint team, so I have very little information on the 700 beta right now. Let me see if I can get some feedback from the VZN team.
    Have you done any beta testing on the 700 that's coming out on the Sprint network? Should be released in a month or so.
    I am sure it is in our engineering group, but I am not privvy to that. Sorry
    It's now 3/6/06. Any update on GL for 700W?
    Yeah, what gives? Can we get some regular updates on when this thing will be ready?
    bump!
    So whats up? Are we out of Beta yet?
    Why is this thread being ignored by Vince?
    i read as post by him yesterday that said april or may for the beta release. he knows we will all be angry. My company has decided to drop goodlink as a result.
    First, I have been out of town on business for the last week, so I have not been ignoring the posts, least of all out of fear that user will be angry with my answers. Secondly, version 4.8 will have support of the 700W and it has been pushed out internally to Good users and is still in beta. I personally do not carry a 700 nor am I on the Verizon team here at Good, so I do not have any more information on the status of the update. As soon as I hear anything, I will let you all know.

Jay, while I am sorry to hear that your organization has decided to drop GL because of the lack of official support of the 700W, I have to say that in my opinion, that the that decision is somewhat short sighted. This is a brand new device with a brand new operating system. Add to that it is a MSFT operating system. If an organization is going to deploy bleeding edge technology, then there some bumps and roadblocks should be expected.
    The Treo 700 was brand new in January. Its March now, its been out for three months.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Thanks for the update goodguy.
    I have a solution for Shared Calendars on Goodlink www.whoisbusy.com

jcookATcookconsultingservices.com