1.    #1  
    ive use my treo as an mp3 player for a while... headphones,convertor from radio shack, and ptunes. today theres no sound coming out of my treo... i got a call and couldn't hear the other person, but the other person could hear me. if i put in the headphones and convertor i can hear everything fine... make phones calls and everything. i would say blown internal speaker but there is sound when a phone call comes in. my ringtone plays for like 2 secs and then turns off. the wierdest thing, if i put in a regular earpiece, not convertor and headphones, sound comes out of the speaker! i can play music out of the speaker when the earpiece is plugged in! whats going on? please help!
    bad jack probably....
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
  3.    #3  
    i did a hard reset on the treo too but that didn't help things. i obviously cant play any music but the thing with the ringtone is still there. itll ring for two secs and then turn off.
    check out this thread
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=105463

you may need to replace the earpeice....it's $10 US if you are comfortable taking your phone apart. I have the same problem. Hopefully I will get he earpeice this week.