1.    #1  
    I picked up a basic 3.5 to 2.5 adapter from Radio Shack and I have it firmly plugged into my Treo 600 and I have a set of earphones firmly plugged into the adapter. The problem is that if the adapter moves at all, the sound no longer comes through the headphones and is coming through the speaker of the phone. I felt like an ***** when this kept on happening on the bus to work this morning.

What can I do to stop the adapter from coming out or is there an adapter that is better suited to this phone that people recommend? I have seen posts about various other adapters, but there seems to be complaints about them...
    The RadioShack adapter needs to have some of the plastic on the barrel trimmed away with an Exacto knife for it to seat fully into the Treo, or...

Try one of these from the treo|central store:
    http://store.treocentral.com/store_i...s/large/13.jpghttp://store.treocentral.com/store_i.../large/337.jpg
  3.    #3  
    Thanks...if triming the radio shack adapter does not work for me, I will pick up one of those. I was just worried that there was a problem with the headphone jack on my treo...
    You could have a problem with the jack as others have as you're seen in other posts, however the RSATP (RadioShack Adapter Trim Procedure ) is what resolved it for my T600 back in July 2004.

Check out Freedom if you haven't looked into it yet.
    [QUOTE=toddst]I picked up a basic 3.5 to 2.5 adapter from Radio Shack... [QUOTE]

Stop. Take it back. Or throw it away. Do not use it in your precious. It will eventually, I promise, break off inside the Treo causing much more serious problems than intermittent signal loss. Speak from personal experience I do. Get the elbow adaptor to avoid the torque problem.
    OR you can get 2.5 heaphones from Seidio...there no Sony's, but there OK.
    [QUOTE=Ree Nigne][QUOTE=toddst]I picked up a basic 3.5 to 2.5 adapter from Radio Shack...

Stop. Take it back. Or throw it away. Do not use it in your precious. It will eventually, I promise, break off inside the Treo causing much more serious problems than intermittent signal loss. Speak from personal experience I do. Get the elbow adaptor to avoid the torque problem.
    DO NOT use the RS adaptor or even the hard Palm adapter. Both put too much stress on the jack. Use one like the Seidio one pictured above.
    Agreed. Although the Radio Shack adapter is the cheapest route to go, it's also the cheapest route to go. Plus it looks so ghetto next to the beauty of Treo's form factor. I have used the RS adapter, and I highly recommend against using it.

What's really sad is the prices that vendors charge to provide a solution which Palm should have been provided upfront. If I understand correctly, almost every other PDA product comes with a decent (not great, not terrible) stereo headset. Only Palm products seem to try our patience.

There's a love-hate relationship with Seido products. Don't take my word - read the other post threads. Great products conceptually, questionable quality once in daily use, prices definitely raise an eyebrow even for the gadget-hounds we have on this board.

Therefore, let's investigate some other options.

The SP8AA Audio/headset adapter apparently works on both Treos. In effect, it lets you use whatever headphones you want on it. Don't know if its quality or its price is higher or lower than the Seido versions.

This thread - http://www.spug.net/showthread.php?t=67786 - reports that other headsets also work. I'm sure you all might have other suggestions.

Finally, a freeware alternative to Freedom is HeadCold.
    Last edited by Azazello; 02/16/2006 at 07:16 AM.
    Treo knowledge base (FAQs)

Treo Hater's Club

Treo 600 (GSM)--> MDA Vario (HTC Wizard)