1.    #1  
    I am an avid gmail user and cannot for the life of me figure out how to get it to send using either eudora or versamail. Any users here use gmail and access it with a mail program on thier Treo 650?
    Quote Originally Posted by jnettrecker
    I am an avid gmail user and cannot for the life of me figure out how to get it to send using either eudora or versamail. Any users here use gmail and access it with a mail program on thier Treo 650?
    First of all, who is your carrier, and then what are your smtp settings??
    As long as you don't need to send an attachment, use Blazer, go to
    http://m.gmail.com, sign in and you are 'good to go'

Brian
    Brian J. Herskovitz
    herskovitz@gmail.com
    On your Treo...
    1. Go to Versamail
    2. Account setup
    3. New
    4. Enter account name (can be your user name, or any nickname to identify it)
    5. Mail service: other
    6. Protocol: POP
    7. Next
    8. User name: full email address <whatever@gmail.com>
    9. Password: Your gmail password
    10. Next
    11. Enter full email address <whatever@gmail.com>
    12. Incoming mail server: pop.gmail.com
    13. Outgoing mail server: smtp.gmail.com
    14. Next
    15. Advanced
    16. Incoming server settings: Port # 995
    17. Check off "Use secure connections (SSL)"
    18. Do not check "Use authentication"
    19. Next
    20. Port number: 587
    21. Check both "Use secure connection" and "Use authentication"
    22. User name shoud appear as your full email address
    23. Password should show as "assigned"
    24. Done

Sign into Gmail from your computer. Go to settings, click on the "Forwarding and POP" tab. Check "Enable POP".

That should do it. You just have to configure Versamail preferences for automatic mail settings.

This works for me. Been using Versamail for a year now with Gmail.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Ummm... doesn't versacrap have automatic gmail settings for smtp anyway?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    <moved>

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Ummm... doesn't versacrap have automatic gmail settings for smtp anyway?
    Nope.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-