Page 7 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CraniumFunk
    Its a full ROM w/ FAT32 driver. It has all the apps that the official installer has. It can be customized if there is demand.
    Can you customize it with this? TIA
    Quote Originally Posted by Merdav
    Sorry bad typing thatwasnt what I had confusion about, but I think I'm done, now what?! LOL if you want to talk on phone to make this easier PM # http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...lies/smile.gif
    If the installer didn't error out, then the update work! You can PM me if you need assistance.

You can check that u have the FAT32.prc file in ROM using FileZ. Also, you can reformat your SD card to FAT32 using the computer. If you can read the card from Treo, then your good.
    I'm about to restore but isn't that going to put the old files back on my phone and revert the rom back???
    Quote Originally Posted by naivete
    Can you customize it with this? TIA
    Bad link.

But, if you wanna customize it yourself, then you need to use Shadowmite's T650 ROM tool.
    I'm about to restore but isn't that going to put the old files back on my phone and revert the rom back???
    Restoring a backup is restoring your RAM, not ROM. Shouldn't have any filesystem files in RAM.

You should be safe to do a full restore from backup just before upgrading.
    Last edited by CraniumFunk; 02/08/2006 at 01:01 PM.
    Is there any good reason to keep CardInfo in the ROM? I never ever use it.
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dim-Ize
    Okay - this is way cool.

I love smart people!

Now, if you can figure out how to get a BT stack so I can use my headset and accept calls while maintaining my GPS link to TomTom I'd be thrilled.

Sorry that I was carried away in my assumptions...

Dim-Ize -- I bought the Seidio car mount that has a SiRF III gps chip built in to get around this problem. In other words, the phone clicks into the mount, and connects to the GPS software via the serial connection. The built-in speaker tells you the directions, and b/c it's mounted, it's easier to see the screen.

AND your phone's bluetooth is free to use a headset.

As a bonus, the mount CHARGES the phone, so it won't be drained by a bluetooth connection, if you still want to use a bluetooth gps antenna. I'm a fan. Here's the link:

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=157

FYI -- watch you buy the one without the software, as it's cheaper, and you already have the software.
    There is a question that hasn't been answered. After installing FAT32 in ROM why is it that some people have faster results with an SD card at FAT16 than FAT32?

A second question is about formatting the SD card to FAT32. I'm guessing there is no way to make a FAT32 without deleting all the data in SD card. I guess we will have to copy it our PC.

Al
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    There is a question that hasn't been answered. After installing FAT32 in ROM why is it that some people have faster results with an SD card at FAT16 than FAT32?

A second question is about formatting the SD card to FAT32. I'm guessing there is no way to make a FAT32 without deleting all the data in SD card. I guess we will have to copy it our PC.

Al
    Forgive me if I'm wrong...but didn't you have a 4GB card awhile back that you were trying to get to work? I'm just looking for a definitive "yes, this will allow you to read a 4GB card...I have it working now" comment
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    I have uploaded a new version for you. I updated the link in my ohter post.
    This is the Link:
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showp...&postcount=564
    Are they all Updated w/ Fat32?
    Would it be too much to ask to
    put a Revision Date at Top of Your Post 564?
    I like to check back so often to make sure I have latest.
    Thanks
    Just call me Berd.
    I tried an hotsync restore, when the phone rebooted
    1-it's asking if i would like to format the external device?
    2- i got this hot sync error
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Calling anyone w/ a 4GB Card!
    Does it work?
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Bad link.

But, if you wanna customize it yourself, then you need to use Shadowmite's T650 ROM tool.
    Sorry, I'm just lazy.
    Last edited by naivete; 02/08/2006 at 01:08 PM.
    Can you access it with partition magic on your PC 's card reader ? I will give it a shot later.
    BTW, seems we all oughta be bombarding our carriers and Palm with this request to be included in next ROM update.
    Are u using an SD backup software like BackupBuddy or Resco Backup?
    Did you try to install FAT32.prc using HotSync????????????????

It should only be installing into ROM.
    Last edited by CraniumFunk; 02/08/2006 at 01:17 PM.

Al
    Don't know if there is another way but that's how I did it... only takes a few minutes and then you're done!
    Are u using an SD backup software like BackupBuddy or Resco Backup?
    I WAS using backup man on the treo, when I reformatted it with my card writer is was all erased, I did the restore with backupman for windows which runs from the desktop.
    What I'm doing right now is drag and dropping from my PC all the data from a hotsync back onto the card to see if that works.
    Did you try to install FAT32.prc using HotSync????????????????
    I did this word for word
    Download the Sprint 1.13a Full ROM w/ FAT32 from here:

http://rapidshare.de/files/12822922/...AT32_.zip.html

1. Backup Treo
    2. Using card reader, rename PALM folder on SD card to PALM-old
    3. Copy PALM folder in the zip file to the SD card.
    4. Hard Reset
    5. In Palm Launcher, insert SD card. . . Wait. . .Phone will reboot a couple times
    6. When u get to touchscreen calibration, remove SD card. Calibrate.
    7. Hard Reset (to be safe)
    8. Restore Treo
Page 7 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast