Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    Sorry here it is. this is for GSM models only.

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showp...&postcount=564
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

is there a way to get 4GB out of a 2GB card doing this?
    Quote Originally Posted by paqmaster
    Works great! Programs run much faster off the card now! Thank you!

nice avatar...???
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Is Verizon GSM?

If not how can I get a custom ROM for my unit?
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by ekerbuddy
    is there a way to get 4GB out of a 2GB card doing this?
    Not that I'm aware of. Actually at this stage I don't believe anyone has had success reading a full 4GB card either, just increased speeds up to 2GB.
    How Do You Format The Card To 32 Bit?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23
    Is Verizon GSM?

If not how can I get a custom ROM for my unit?
    Verizon and Sprint are CDMA. Look at the custom ROM for dummies thread. It's quite long but shows you how to make your own. I also believe there was one or two guys in that thread that offered to make custom ROM's for people in their spare time.
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    Sorry here it is. this is for GSM models only.

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showp...&postcount=564
    Hello James

I just downloaded the new Cust ROM including FAT32.prc.

From the text in the post it is indicated tha Versa is still in the ROM. In the attached 'readme.txt' it is stated that Versa is removed. However I can find a lot of MM***-files inside the zip's.

What is correct about this new ROM? I assume you have included a wrong version of the ReadMe.txt...
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)
    Quote Originally Posted by ekerbuddy
    How Do You Format The Card To 32 Bit?
    If you have a card reader in your PC, plug it in and format, it will have the option to format it in fat or fat32.

The readers are like 10 on ebay by the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by jorang
    Hello James

I just downloaded the new Cust ROM including FAT32.prc.

From the text in the post it is indicated tha Versa is still in the ROM. In the attached 'readme.txt' it is stated that Versa is removed. However I can find a lot of MM***-files inside the zip's.

What is correct about this new ROM? I assume you have included a wrong version of the ReadMe.txt...
    I think your right. Sorry.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    Thats OK.

Just flashed my 650 now - seems OK - so far....
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    ...caught in a reset loop after restoring from BBVFS - even though I performed a SR before backing up just 10min ago...

...trying BackupBuddy form laptop now!

This was unexpected. I was relying on BBVFS
    JoranG
    Make sure your restored backup isn't putting FATFS.prc back into the rom...
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Make sure your restored backup isn't putting FATFS.prc back into the rom...
    How do I make sure?
    Running BBVFS gives me 2 choices - Backup og Restore, and my desktop part of Backup Buddy doesn't seem to have the FATFS.prc at all.....
    JoranG
    Just did a custom ROM (not new to those) removing a bunch of trash (Versamail, Real Player, GetBC) that I was hiding before with the RomHidePanel deal. Slapped a few other applications that I frequently use into ROM, life looks good however it appears the SD card is no longer being seen by the system.

I've confirmed using FileZ that Fat32.PRC is loaded in ROM and FatFS.PRC does not exist. Any ideas? The SD card is formatted as Fat16, is this the cause (does Fat32.PRC only see a Fat32 filesystem, and not Fat16?)

Thanks Shadowmite for your work, if this originated from a 700p that's quite promising. Hopefully the Linux 650 project can also apply to the 700p. A Linux PDA with EVDO would be quite nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by cesium1024
    Just did a custom ROM (not new to those) removing a bunch of trash (Versamail, Real Player, GetBC) that I was hiding before with the RomHidePanel deal. Slapped a few other applications that I frequently use into ROM, life looks good however it appears the SD card is no longer being seen by the system.

I've confirmed using FileZ that Fat32.PRC is loaded in ROM and FatFS.PRC does not exist. Any ideas?

Thanks Shadowmite for your work, if this originated from a 700p that's quite promising. Hopefully the Linux 650 project can also apply to the 700p. A Linux PDA with EVDO would be quite nice.
    did you perhaps remove MMCBulverdeIntelDrv_Device.prc while removing VersaMail?

You know what, I bet I did. Excellent call James, I removed MM** rather wildly, but did read the files.pdf later. I'll try to HotSync it over. Thanks for your help with that, dont' I feel like an *****.
    You can't hotsync it... You're going to have to use the restore tool, or re-run the stock updater...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23
    nice avatar...???
    yes it is... I had it since I joined TC in 2002... thx
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    I have uploaded a new version for you. I updated the link in my ohter post.
    James do you have one for CDMA also?
Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast