Page 44 of 46 FirstFirst ... 343940414243444546 LastLast
    If you read through this thread...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...zon#post919986

The first page has some posts (starting with #8) from Verizon users doing custom ROMs.
    Quote Originally Posted by RiftReaper View Post
    so does this actually work ? can you use 4gig SD cards stabily
    Make sure any 4gb card you buy is not SDHC.

4gb & 8gb SDHC cards will work in 650's, but you need to add extra files over and above the FAT32 driver.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    I added the slot driver SDIO, Fat32, and SmartText_Engine that was included in the zipfile. Hopefully 8g SD cards will work now ^_^
    For All which have reset loops after fat32.prc ROM upload!!![/COLOR]

Try rename fat32.prc before upload to rom to original name FATFS.prc

This seams to be only Verizon users problem, but why not do it for sure in other ROMs too. I did it my self for unlocked GSM model and everithing working OK. (Yes, you have FAT32 system then, also back - compatible with FAT)

P.S. For Verizon users: This is not my idea, but its from one person which had same problems (reset loops) and will very probably work.

P.S2.: Sorry for some language mistakes, if there is any, I`am not natural english speaker.

Thanks Shadowmite for your care of us and your great work.
    Quote Originally Posted by treo650owner View Post
    For All which have reset loops after fat32.prc ROM upload!!![/color]

Try rename fat32.prc before upload to rom to original name FATFS.prc

This seams to be only Verizon users problem, but why not do it for sure in other ROMs too. I did it my self for unlocked GSM model and everithing working OK. (Yes, you have FAT32 system then, also back - compatible with FAT)

P.S. For Verizon users: This is not my idea, but its from one person which had same problems (reset loops) and will very probably work.

P.S2.: Sorry for some language mistakes, if there is any, I`am not natural english speaker.

Thanks Shadowmite for your care of us and your great work.
    GSM users changing the name WILL cause resets so don't.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

From jamesgangut> GSM users changing the name WILL cause resets so don't.

Did you mean reset loops or only sometimes resets?

I`am GSM user what else can I be? I have Fat32.prc named FATFS.prc in my ROM and absolutely no problems.
    To jamesgangut> Now I look on file we was talking about and in resco explorer is his name FAT32.prc So maybe you mean this. But I`am absolutely sure I was renaming him to FATFS.prc. Interesting. But it could be way to working for Verizon. This person which I have this formula from said that this stops resets loops on his Verizon device. So maybe if somebody try it with Verizon we will know more than...
    I have read most of the thread. Some links are broken and such. I have a Sprint Treo 650, and would like to add FAT 32, what is the latests word on this? I keep most stuff on my 1 GB card, but would like to put a 4 GB card. I also use a Macbook, have USB but like BT for syncing better.

I'd really appreciate it.

Paul
    Until someone with more experience answers, this is what I recall works:

First, sync your plam to ensure you have a good backup

Download and copy FAT32.PRC to SD
    Rename that as FATFS.PRC
    Use filez or similar, copy that to your Treo

Reboot, and it should work. Note that if you do a hard reset, it will bring back the original FATFS from rom.

It is better to replace the ROM version of FATFS.PRC with FAT32.PRC. Doing so will ensure that you can still read a FAT32 SD card even after a hard reset.
    On the 650 you have to do a custom rom. you have to extract your rom delete fatfs add fat32 download new rom.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Just bought a cheap 4gb sd card (Connect3D) from Woot. I can read it fine on my card reader, but my 650 doesn't recognize it at all. It's as if there's no card inserted. I have fat32 installed in ROM.

Is there a fix to this, or is it likely that the card is unusable? Thanks.
    it is possible that it is an sdhc card. you can try to add the slot driver from the 680.

Thanks. I tried the slotdriver files last night, even though there's no indication that this is an sdhc card. No luck though.
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim View Post
    Thanks. I tried the slotdriver files last night, even though there's no indication that this is an sdhc card. No luck though.
    I have the same card and the same issue (nothing happens when I insert the Connect3D 4gb SD card into the slot [I installed FAT32.prc in ROM with RomTool first], but it works fine in my card reader for my PC). If one of you wizards has any other suggestions, you will have my eternal gratitude.

Thanks,
    mattyt
    Same as above. Any help would be appreciated. The card is recognized by my usb card reader, and is now formatted fat32, but the treo 650 seems to not even know the card is plugged in the slot. I have built a custom rom for my treo that replaced fatfs.prc with fat32.prc. The treo seems to read my 1GB card ok.
    I've seen posts at other forums, and on "Customer Reviews" at internet reseller websites, that the Connect3D 4gb card just doesn't work in a Treo 650. Mine never did.

I updated my Treo 650 ROM with 3 files to support FAT32 and SDHC, and now have an A-Data 8gb card working just great (it cost me ~$70 with shipping). There are plenty of places to find how to do that, but I'll post simplified version of how I did it if you like.

-mattyt
    Anybody have clear instructions on how to build and load the custom rom / fat32driver on my Treo650? this sounds like it is a not real intuitive process and I don't want to screw it up... I read the readme on shadowmite's 650 tool, but not sure where to find the ace-palmos.zip.

Any pointers are appreciated.
    I just posted my tip and learnings on building a custom ROM in another thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=147767

You get the ace-palmos.zip from your own Treo 650 file by using the Grack's Treo 650 ROM tool. It both downloads the old ROM and uploads the new ROM to your treo.

Also, it was pretty fool proof (at least for me). Give it a try.
    I followed BGH's instructions and was successful in downloading and uploading ace-palmos with the new FAT32 file. However, when i do a soft reset, it always goes back to bootload v 0.24 screen (red green blue and white screen). I tried repeating the procedure 4 times but was always unsuccessful. What's wrong? Is there a corrupted file? Need your help please. Thanks.
    Did you undock the treo? Maybe your hotsync button is stuck causing it to start into bootloader.