Page 43 of 46 FirstFirst ... 33383940414243444546 LastLast
Results 841 to 860 of 906
  1. #841  
    Hi all -- I managed to get the FAT32 ROM on my Treo 650 without too much trouble, but now I have a problem recognizing and reading my existing 2GB SD card. This card is quite full, and is formatted to FAT16, but I had the impression that this shouldn't be an issue. Does anyone know what can I do to fix this problem?
    Last edited by JohnInOttawa; 10/20/2006 at 12:38 PM.
  2. #842  
    Very odd - came back from lunch, was opening the back of my Treo and I triggered the PalmPuke noise - indicating that something was reading my existing card (1GB, not 2GB as mentioned above). Will this be permanent or intermittent, I wonder. Here's hoping that it's the former.
  3. #843  
    I am having the same problem. Everything works fine up until I open the Rom Tool. It then says "waiting on phone." If I go to the "download rom" button, it doesn't allow it because i guess it can't find the phone. Any suggestions?
  4. #844  
    Seem to have done the FAT32 ROM upgrade OK as Treo now works with my 1GB Sandisk SD card formated in FAT32.

    However, have 4GB TOPRAM card which is not recognised at all - when it is inserted in slot it cannot be seen by Treo and there is no beep when it is inserted - just as if there is nothing there. It does work with a card reader in a PC.

    Does anyone know if this card works with Treo? Is this something that could be related to software?
  5. #845  
    Quote Originally Posted by briandg View Post
    Seem to have done the FAT32 ROM upgrade OK as Treo now works with my 1GB Sandisk SD card formated in FAT32.

    However, have 4GB TOPRAM card which is not recognised at all - when it is inserted in slot it cannot be seen by Treo and there is no beep when it is inserted - just as if there is nothing there. It does work with a card reader in a PC.

    Does anyone know if this card works with Treo? Is this something that could be related to software?
    I would go with the brands recommended in this thread, just to be on the safe side
  6. #846  
    I am thinking of following the steps listed here to update to fat32 so I can use a 4 gig card, will my old sd cards still be recognized or will I have to reformat them to fat 32?

    Thanks
  7. #847  
    Your old card is formatted to FAT16.

    If you read the early threads you will find that most people find that using the FAT32 drivers you get the best speed results from leaving your card formatted to FAT16.

    So, No you will not have to reformat your old card
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  8. #848  
    Well i tried it. the rom customization to allow for a 4gb card. after getting the ok from gracks tool to close the program after a successful rom upload, i did so. to my dismay after resetting the phone (by taking the battery as directed by mytreo.net) the phone is now in an endless cylce of trying to turn on but being unable to. It says "palmone" and the process bar slides up slowly then the screen goes black and it flashes back to palmone again.

    i did exactly what the directions from treocentral said, i simply replaced fatfs with fat32 and it seemed to work. now i'm stuck any suggestions? tia
  9. #849  
    <merged>
    V > Vx > m505 > m515 > T/T > T3 > TC > 650 > 680
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://download.skype.com/share/skypebuttons/js/skypeCheck.js"></script>
    <a href="skype:wwgamble?call"><img src="http://mystatus.skype.com/balloon/wwgamble" style="border: none;" width="150" height="60" alt="My Skype status" /></a>
  10. #850  
    Quote Originally Posted by amd18 View Post
    Well i tried it. the rom customization to allow for a 4gb card. after getting the ok from gracks tool to close the program after a successful rom upload, i did so. to my dismay after resetting the phone (by taking the battery as directed by mytreo.net) the phone is now in an endless cylce of trying to turn on but being unable to. It says "palmone" and the process bar slides up slowly then the screen goes black and it flashes back to palmone again.

    i did exactly what the directions from treocentral said, i simply replaced fatfs with fat32 and it seemed to work. now i'm stuck any suggestions? tia
    I am having the exact same problem I have a treo650A sprint with 1.13a
    and a 1.0GB sandisk sd card and everything works great after purging the rom but when I go to replace the FATFS.prc with the FAT32.prc I to get the reset loop please help why is it only few poeple are having this problem there must be a simple solution
    as far as the reset loop i just put it back into boot mode and replaced the fat32 back with the fatfs
    Thanx
    Adam B.
    Last edited by adambomb; 12/28/2006 at 12:26 PM.
  11. #851  
    When you say replace you are deleting fatfs and copying fat32 in, no renameing etc?

    Try backing up your data, do it again and if you are in a reset loop try a hard reset and see if it works then.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

  12. #852  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    When you say replace you are deleting fatfs and copying fat32 in, no renameing etc?

    Try backing up your data, do it again and if you are in a reset loop try a hard reset and see if it works then.
    Yes I am deleting FATFS and copying FAT32 and did a hard reset before and after an upload and it still loops until i put the FATFS back????
    Rhetoric and the End of Knowledge, A New Beginning for preparing them to teach
  13. #853  
    I found this

    smgentry
    mytreo.net Newbie


    Kudos: 2
    Offline

    Gender:
    Posts: 11


    I love myTreo!

    Treo: 650
    Network: Cingular

    Re: New ROM Tool
    Reply #274 on: Apr 09, 2006, 05:16

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote from: handquake on Apr 08, 2006, 23:01
    Hi sm, After reading your post the first thing I would prabably think is your ROMTool may be the problem not Fat32. You can't add anything only subtract and the one addition that seems to take (but cause heartfailure) has a file name really close to the one you deleted. I am NOT a programmer but I would prabably uninstall ROMTool and then start fresh with a new download. May or may not work but from the get go your tool been a little different. Good Luck.

    That's a definite thought. I'll give it a shot and let you know. Thanks.

    Update: Handquake, just thought you should know...I'm not the patient type...just downloaded a fresh copy of Treo Tool like you suggested, and not only did I not have to drag the .dll file into it to start up the app, but, and pardon the shouting, I GOT THE FAT32 FILE TO LOAD WITHOUT SENDING MY TREO INTO A RESET LOOP. WHOOHOO!

    Color me happy

    I guess I have to give you another Kudos for this one.

    Steph

    Last Edit: Apr 09, 2006, 05:44 by smgentry Logged

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it...but where's the fun in that.

    And i still cant get this darn thing to work???
    Rhetoric and the End of Knowledge, A New Beginning for preparing them to teach
  14. #854  
    Quote Originally Posted by R1_Rydah View Post
    I would go with the brands recommended in this thread, just to be on the safe side
    Similar problem for me,too. I bought a 4 GB SD card from an Ebay merchant. When I put it into my Treo, it is completely unrecognized. No noise, no part of it visible in FileZ, nothing. It is only visible in the card reader of my computer.

    So I was directed to this forum and this thread and have read through 43 pages to learn about updating my Rom. But I'm not especially techie, cannot afford to fry the Treo, and am wondering whether it is worth taking the risk for the sake of a card that may not even work in the end.

    The Treo already has a 1 GB extension card in it that works fine. However, it isn't really big enough for the applications I want to install (notably a GPS system with maps of all Europe, plus lots of movies).

    I gather from this thread that at least part of the 4 giga card, if it were going to work, should be visible even with the unmodified Rom, just that I would not be able to use the full capacity. So should I get another card before I try to go any further? It's not an anodine proposition as buying card after card in the hope that my Treo might deign to notice them is going to wipe out my bank account before long.


    Thanks for your patience.
  15. #855  
    I'll add that the card I bought on Ebay claims to be by Samsung, and that the dealer is in the USA. It came to some 55 Euros with shipping. I purposely avoided the plethora of dealers in China and Hong Kong: no offence to anyone, but I've heard too much about counterfeit products coming from there.

    So I looked up Transcend and Sandisk SD cards on Ebay today, and practically all the merchants are in the Far East. Moreover, while many in this thread have spoken about saving up to buy the new large capacity cards, these Transcends and Sandisks only seem to cost a few Euros (indeed, the cost of shipping is greater than that of the product). So all that makes me suspicious.

    Any thoughts?
  16. #856  
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post

    I gather from this thread that at least part of the 4 giga card, if it were going to work, should be visible even with the unmodified Rom, just that I would not be able to use the full capacity. So should I get another card before I try to go any further? It's not an anodine proposition as buying card after card in the hope that my Treo might deign to notice them is going to wipe out my bank account before long.


    Thanks for your patience.
    As I understand it the newer SDHC cards will not be recognised at all without a firmware hack (as listed on the other thread). I've just ordered some 4GB SDHC cards for a video camera I've also ordered so it looks like it's time for me to start making custom roms. I've not been down that road before but the instructions sound fairly straightforward.
  17. #857  
    Well, I did the custom Rom hack, and now have my Patriot 4GB card with 3GB's of data on it working like a charm, I couldn't be happier, good work Shadowmite.
  18. #858  
    so does this actually work ? can you use 4gig SD cards stabily
  19. #859  
    Quote Originally Posted by RiftReaper View Post
    so does this actually work ? can you use 4gig SD cards stabily
    Yes...
  20. #860  
    does it work with the verizon model ?

Posting Permissions