Page 40 of 46 FirstFirst ... 303536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by noworry
    I used this card:
    http://shop3.outpost.com/product/4795229

4GB 150x, it is definetly faster than SanDisk Ultra II 512MB

So this card works perfectly? I need to know if anydoby else has tried this card, because if I have to buy another card I need to be sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by lovecostarica
    OK. So with this new mod, what would be the real life advantages and disadvantages in using this process?

M
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    How about losing a 4GB worth of data, MP3s, etc. when your SD card pops out?
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Or how about when you have two 2GB sd card just crap out on you randomly!
    I don't get it and am hesitant to plow through 40 pages to see if anyone clarified.

Help?
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett
    Hi all,

I've installed a Rom with fat32 but it's not working on my treo 650. I'm trying to read a 4GB x150 card with no success, but my laptop reads it perfectly. What could I do to solve this problem?
    deCorvett - Which ROM did you install? Your own or one someone here made? Which SD card are you using ( make/model )? What file system is on your SD card? This information will help us help you troubleshoot your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by MVT
    Does anyone have a custom ROM that is stable for Cingular/GSM (locked) which takes out Versamail and Tutorial and all that unnecessary crap, includes FAT32 and Fast mode blazer?
    anyone?
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Quote Originally Posted by MVT
    anyone?

I took out all the unnecessary crap, tutorials, real player, versamail, xpressmail, languages other than engish and spanish and some other junk. Installed 3rd party apps to rom along with fat32, fast and fast mode blazer. Had no problems with the rom and back then I was locked into cingular with 1.17.

I have redone my rom a few times trying to establish what works the best for me and I have not had any funky behavior from my phone.

I have a few 3rd party apps in rom, 7MB partition, 1.20ENA and unlocked but still branded.

During the 2nd phase testing I bricked it once and recovered w/o any hitches with the previous rom. I do have a backup of the OEM rom in case I need to revert back to it. During the same phase I had a few resets. Since I uploaded my last rom I cannot recall any resets other than the ones that I have performed for testing purposes.

Thanks to all the contributors for all the info and how-to's this has become a very simple process.
    Quote Originally Posted by fortezza
    deCorvett - Which ROM did you install? Your own or one someone here made? Which SD card are you using ( make/model )? What file system is on your SD card? This information will help us help you troubleshoot your problem.
    Thanks fortezza. I've done my own custom ROM solely deleting fatfs.prc and adding the fat32.prc file posted on this thread.

Curiously, I tested my Treo and works perfectly; it reads and writes my 512Mb kingston card much faster than my wife's Tungsten T5 (with fat16) does. So I said "Done perfect!". I went to store and I bought a 4Gb x150 card and I was surprised because my laptop recognizes it (I had to update the drivers, but works) but my treo doesn't mount the volume. It doesn't does the typical sound when you insert a card in the slot.

Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett
    Thanks fortezza. I've done my own custom ROM solely deleting fatfs.prc and adding the fat32.prc file posted on this thread.

Curiously, I tested my Treo and works perfectly; it reads and writes my 512Mb kingston card much faster than my wife's Tungsten T5 (with fat16) does. So I said "Done perfect!". I went to store and I bought a 4Gb x150 card and I was surprised because my laptop recognizes it (I had to update the drivers, but works) but my treo doesn't mount the volume. It doesn't does the typical sound when you insert a card in the slot.

Any ideas?

Ok, forget it. I bought another card and it works!!!
    Worked great for me - I'm using a Transcend 4gb 150x and I was even able to format it on the treo. Everything works great - I didn't realize it was the case, but I'm able to access my old fat16 formatted cards too. Too cool. I'm falling in love with this thing now with all of the encode movie stuff I can do. Thanks to all those who make this rom modding possible!!
    Nice People Suck Less.
    Shadowmite - I've been looking (unsuccessfully) on your sites and others for an '***** proof' step-by-step way to make my Treo 650 accept a 4 GB card. Does such an instruction manual exist? Can you help? Many thanks, - Treoramma -
    Ok guys. I've stumbled through and inserted the fat32 file in my ROM. I reformatted my 1 and 2 gig cards ..they work great so I know I was successful with the install, the 650 reads the fat32 fortmatted fine. I bought a 4 gig card (supposed to be 150x 4gig samsung card) easily formatted it my card reader and loaded content. When I put the card in my 650, it continuously loops and resets. I put the card as formatted in a 700p and it works fine. Any ideas??
    Format the 4 gig in the treo.....

then what happens?

BTW can anyone get the fat32 rom off a 700p so we can use that instead of the lifedrives?
    Quote Originally Posted by Treoramma View Post
    Shadowmite - I've been looking (unsuccessfully) on your sites and others for an '***** proof' step-by-step way to make my Treo 650 accept a 4 GB card. Does such an instruction manual exist? Can you help? Many thanks, - Treoramma -
    If you don't mind alot of reading.
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...ighlight=fat32
    The process is actually pretty simple.

(Didn't any of the prebuilt Fat32 Custom Roms meet your needs?)
    Just call me Berd.
    Just got a Ridata 4gb, 150x card. Formated first with my card reader, then did it in my Treo. Formatted and worked fine. Only thing is, when I transfer music from Yahoo music (MTP) through PocketTunes, it's much slower than with my older 2gb card. Must be the difference between fat and fat32.
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    Just got a Ridata 4gb, 150x card. Formated first with my card reader, then did it in my Treo. Formatted and worked fine. Only thing is, when I transfer music from Yahoo music (MTP) through PocketTunes, it's much slower than with my older 2gb card. Must be the difference between fat and fat32.
    There is a Thread on 4gb Cards on how cluster size affects speed.
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    If you don't mind alot of reading.
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...ighlight=fat32
    The process is actually pretty simple.

(Didn't any of the prebuilt Fat32 Custom Roms meet your needs?)
    Forgive me for being a dunce, but where are they? I would to find these. I have been able to find instructions but no actual ROMs
    Safety and happiness can only come from individuals, classes, and nations being honest and fair and kind to each other.
    - C.S. Lewis
    Quote Originally Posted by 4ster View Post
    Forgive me for being a dunce, but where are they? I would to find these. I have been able to find instructions but no actual ROMs
    Who's your Carrier?
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Sorry for not mentioning this earlier. I am on Sprint.

I guess a big part of my question is this:

Can you edit the ROM (remove FAT and add FAT32.prc) on the Treo itself (using the T650 tool), or do you need to copy the ROM to a computer, edit it there, and then reflash the Treo with it?

Thanks for bearing with me.
    Safety and happiness can only come from individuals, classes, and nations being honest and fair and kind to each other.
    - C.S. Lewis
    I would suggest you use mmstracs Rom Tool (not shadows) that I linked in the above post.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by 4ster View Post
    Sorry for not mentioning this earlier. I am on Sprint.

I guess a big part of my question is this:

Can you edit the ROM (remove FAT and add FAT32.prc) on the Treo itself (using the T650 tool), or do you need to copy the ROM to a computer, edit it there, and then reflash the Treo with it?

Thanks for bearing with me.
    I think the point of ROM is that it is Read Only Memory, therefore it has to be editted on a computer.

berdinkerdickle:

Why does everyone lean so heavily to mmastrac's tool? I'm not a big fan of it myself; nothing can beat the simplicity of the original ROM tool and its accompanying java tool.

The software mmastrac wrote does have some nifty features, like being able to quickly and efficiently edit certain tokens, as well as a unified design which combines various functions.

It was a bit more than just point and click, and would hardly recommend it to someone with little or no experience with custom ROMs...

I also just realized how much I hate being an end-user.
    Last edited by FrozenCode; 08/29/2006 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenCode View Post
    I think the point of ROM is that it is Read Only Memory, therefore it has to be editted on a computer.

berdinkerdickle:

Why does everyone lean so heavily to mmstrac's tool? I'm not a big fan of it myself; nothing can beat the simplicity of the original ROM tool and its accompanying java tool.

The software mmstrac wrote does have some nifty features, like being able to quickly and efficiently edit certain tokens, as well as a unified design which combines various functions.

It was a bit more than just point and click, and would hardly recommend it to someone with little or no experience with custom ROMs...

I also just realized how much I hate being an end-user.

Matts RomTool is pretty much 'Brick' proof.
    Both the Official Updater and the SD Method both have a higher risk of 'Bricking' your Treo.

But I guess it is really more of what one is more comfortable with.
    Just call me Berd.