Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    To modify an existing Custom Rom start at Step #13
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ght=custom+rom
    This might get you started. I'll see if I can find more.

Here's some Links:
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showp...&postcount=630
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 02/08/2006 at 04:04 AM.
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Nobody has tried this with a 4GB card yet?
    WOWWWWWWWWWWW. RIGHT when I am expecting my new Cingular 8125 WM5 device, this comes out!!!!

James, do you think you can post a 1.20 ROW Custom ROM with this baby?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    this place ROCKS... two weeks into ownership of a 650 and I already want to totally screw with it!

iTreoPod mini here I come!

just waiting to see that it works with 4GB cards.........
    Treo 755P
    If there are still people who want a ROM with Fat32 I could post one later this morning.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Yes yes.. I would appreciate a rom james! im too scared of a DIY approach
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Whoah! I just scored 1284 in VFSMark with my ATP 60x formatted with FAT32. This driver is ridiculous!

Thanks!!!!!
    are fats.prc and FAT32.prc the same size, meaning could one start the rom update process then just simply swap the fats for fat32 in the rom folder before syncing the treo or will that cause problems?
    Treoing & Loving it
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    are fats.prc and FAT32.prc the same size, meaning could one start the rom update process then just simply swap the fats for fat32 in the rom folder before syncing the treo or will that cause problems?
    Byte for byte, the files are different so you must use Shadowmite's T650 Rom tool. This will generate a new MD5 file. You cannot just manually replace the file in the ace-palmos.zip folder.
    excuse my ignorance, but how do you format the card other than the defalt settings - Is there a special program that you use to format the card, other than card info?
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650, Holux GPSlim236 GPS BT receiver & Tom Tom v5.201
    Quote Originally Posted by CraniumFunk
    Byte for byte, the files are different so you must use Shadowmite's T650 Rom tool. This will generate a new MD5 file. You cannot just manually replace the file in the ace-palmos.zip folder.
    tks
    Treoing & Loving it
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeProcter
    excuse my ignorance, but how do you format the card other than the defalt settings - Is there a special program that you use to format the card, other than card info?
    Format the card with FAT32 in Windows with a card reader or a program like Softick Card Export.
    Quote Originally Posted by lufcmattylad
    Yes yes.. I would appreciate a rom james! im too scared of a DIY approach
    Are you a GSM user?
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    Are you a GSM user?
    As you probably know (very well!!) I'm a GSM user and I'd be able to test a 2GB card formatted with FAT32.

One of you lastly revised custom (that works GREATTTTT, i.e. English only, no tutorial....., No Real) would be very appreciated.
    Ciao.
    Vittore
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HS Treo 180 -> HS Treo 270 -> Palm Treo 650 GSM (1.71-1.20ENA Custom) + Treo BT Headset + TomTom 5.201 & Holux GPS 236 BT Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by vittogn
    As you probably know (very well!!) I'm a GSM user and I'd be able to test a 2GB card formatted with FAT32.

One of you lastly revised custom (that works GREATTTTT, i.e. English only, no tutorial....., No Real) would be very appreciated.
    I am working on it right now. I will let you kknow when uploaded.

This is AMAZING...!!!!!

It is like getting a new Treo...!!! The overall speed has improved significally...!!! Now even the apps in RAM load faster and my Treo response is way better. I would strongly recommend power users to do the custom ROM update.

Shadowmite once again you are the best...!!!

Al
    Last edited by TreoRock; 02/08/2006 at 09:24 AM.
    jebus, now i have to go and create a new ROM.... Guess I should upgrade to the newest Cingular release anyway...
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    Quote Originally Posted by aldamon
    Format the card with FAT32 in Windows with a card reader or a program like Softick Card Export.
    Thanks, windows will do it, but not my version of softick card export 2.21.777

Still can't change the allocated cluster size
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650, Holux GPSlim236 GPS BT receiver & Tom Tom v5.201
    Quote Originally Posted by vittogn

I have uploaded a new version for you. I updated the link in my ohter post.

^^^ Hi James. Mind tell me where is your other posts? I can't find it in your profile.

In other news, my digicam can read fat32. I am getting a 4GB card.

I shall name my first 4GB SD card "Shadowmized" in his honor.
Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast