Page 37 of 46 FirstFirst ... 273233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachtswerg
    It worked fine on when I loaded it, James. Only complained about the missing tutorial file when the hard reset came back up, but I assume that's okay.

BTW: This is a duplicate post, since the new ROM straddles both the Fat32 and Fast Blazer topics.

Thanks James!!
    Guys, since a number of you seem to have had sucess with this I figured I would just use this ROM first before mucking around with me own one, but when I follow the instructions in the text file and type "rev cvt2" I get "Invalid command."

What gives?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by conum
    I have a Transcend 150x 4GB-Card in use. I formatted it with my treo and filled it up with my card reader (Transcend 6in1). The only problem is the slowliness in writing and deleting files using my treo.
    Are you able to use your Transcend 6-1 to format the card to FAT32? I would buy that reader then if you can tell me how.. I am trying to figure out if I can un-screw up my 4GB card from whatever palm formatted it as before... Thanks!
    UPDATE: Nevermind! I exited ROM updater and started it again and now it worked. It wasn't accepting my typing last time (nothing was showing up when I typed) but the second time it did and worked.

When it says hard reset does it mean just button at the back of the device or follow procedure to wipe data? Because my data is all still here.. but when I inserted my 4GB card it prompted me to format saying "Unrecongized file system" or something "do you want to format?" I hit yes and it seems to work. I can even mount the card through missing sync onto my desktop! Thanks all (especially shadowmite and James)!

P.S. I have an Adata card btw.
    P.S. Someone in some earlier post here mentioned somethign about having trouble with fat32 and softick card export... just want to report that it works for me, even with my 4GB card so Im not sure what ur difficulty was.. good luck fixing it though, it does work for me.
    pila,
    Have you read this?
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=108580
    I think it will help.
    Just call me Berd.
    VFS Marks on Sandisk Ultra II 1GB Card....

FAT16 w/data: 398
    FAT32 w/o Data: 631
    FAT32 w/Data: 615
    Just my $0.02:

The only thing I'm running outside of CNG 1.17 is "fast" Blazer. My SD card is 1 GB, and FAT 16 seems to be working just fine. I cannot tell any difference in everyday use between FAT16 and FAT32.

Anyway, I think I will hold off on the FAT32 until I need it for some reason. Maybe when 8GB SD cards get cheap.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Got a 4GB card and everything works fine except it seems Documents to go doesn't know how to find any files there.

Anyone else with this problem? Reinstalled Docstogo of course but problem still there
    Formatted the card and now works fine
    I recently built a FAT32 custom rom for my Verizon T650 running the latest 1.04 firmware (thanks James), and tried using an Adata 4gb MMCplus card with no luck. I've double-checked my custom rom and made sure the FAT32.prc and MMCBulverdeIntelDrv_Device.prc files were still intact. I've also tested the custom rom successfully with two other 1gb SD cards, and the new MMCplus card works fine with my Canon digicam. I know the Treo works with both SD and MMC cards and the MMCplus is backwards compatible, so what am I missing?

In case anyone's wondering: I meant to order an 4gb SD card but got the 4gb MMCplus instead, so I figured I might as well give the MMCplus card a try since it works fine with my digicam.

EDIT: I should've also added that I tried several formatting processes including using Windows XP disk manager and dos commands to no avail.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ///dom
    I recently built a FAT32 custom rom for my Verizon T650 running the latest 1.04 firmware (thanks James), and tried using an Adata 4gb MMCplus card with no luck. I've double-checked my custom rom and made sure the FAT32.prc and MMCBulverdeIntelDrv_Device.prc files were still intact. I've also tested the custom rom successfully with two other 1gb SD cards, and the new MMCplus card works fine with my Canon digicam. I know the Treo works with both SD and MMC cards and the MMCplus is backwards compatible, so what am I missing?

In case anyone's wondering: I meant to order an 4gb SD card but got the 4gb MMCplus instead, so I figured I might as well give the MMCplus card a try since it works fine with my digicam.

EDIT: I should've also added that I tried several formatting processes including using Windows XP disk manager and dos commands to no avail.
    Have tried to format with Treo CardInfo program? I do not have that card but use Adata 2GB SD cards one formated FAT16 and other FAT32.
    Quote Originally Posted by resturg
    Have tried to format with Treo CardInfo program? I do not have that card but use Adata 2GB SD cards one formated FAT16 and other FAT32.
    Card Info, FileZ, none of the programs I'm using see the card so I can't even perform a format using the Treo. I know my digicam uses a low-level format but I haven't been able to find such a formatting program that's compatible with the Palm Treo.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    There is just SO much available on this site. I just bought a 2GB Sandisk on eBay and not I see there is a 4GB available. WILL THIS FAT 32 WORK ON A 700w??
    No this is PalmOS only. But I think the 700w will work just as it is.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Anyone else noticed bad Volume names showing up in certain apps? For me, SplashPhoto and Good show garbage character for the volume label.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    I have fat32 on my treo 650 Cingular. i just got my Kingston 1gb 50X card. which should I use and how. 32 or 16 and through the PC or Treo.. I use CardExport as a cardreader. I want speed for mainly the Media. HELP.
    I have no problem running media from my 1 GB card using FAT 16.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by rberzas
    I have fat32 on my treo 650 Cingular. i just got my Kingston 1gb 50X card. which should I use and how. 32 or 16 and through the PC or Treo.. I use CardExport as a cardreader. I want speed for mainly the Media. HELP.
    dont know if this'll help you( with a 1 gig card ) but i have a 4gig transcend sd card and i formatted it with the treo which did fat32 by default. the write is slower than my 2 gig( seek is average, read/write is fast), but the seek/read is very fast so once i got all my movies and mp3s on the card, it wasnt any trouble at all to use my media files, i have a 1 gig also( which is fat16 and for my digital camera) so i might try later formatting fat32 with it and let you know.
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
    Quote Originally Posted by Ljj8503
    dont know if this'll help you( with a 1 gig card ) but i have a 4gig transcend sd card and i formatted it with the treo which did fat32 by default. the write is slower than my 2 gig( seek is average, read/write is fast), but the seek/read is very fast so once i got all my movies and mp3s on the card, it wasnt any trouble at all to use my media files, i have a 1 gig also( which is fat16 and for my digital camera) so i might try later formatting fat32 with it and let you know.
    With your 4gb card, are you able to record video direct to card? I have an ADATA 4gb and I can't record video directly to it.
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode
    With your 4gb card, are you able to record video direct to card? I have an ADATA 4gb and I can't record video directly to it.
    I have the A-Data MyFlash 150x Turbo SD 4 GB and I can record video right to the card with no problem.