Page 36 of 46 FirstFirst ... 263132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
    Use the T3.jar it is much easier. Just copy it into the folder woth the palm files and execute.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

nonobeez and jamesgangut,
    I do not know specifically how to set up the environment variable using the terminal. I do not know the exact script.

Also when I unzip the T3.jar file above I get a folder with the T3.class file in it as well as a folder titled META-INF containing a file titled MANIFEST.MF. When I launch T3.class even with it in the Sprint folder I get "The jar file "T3.class" couldn't be launched. Check the Console for possible error messages". Checking the console I see no messages regarding this.

Any ideas? Thanks for your help.
    Wait, I put T3.class itself in the SPNT folder, outside of the folder to which it was decompressed and I got 16 ace* files. Thanks,
    Last edited by Ti-maniac; 03/07/2006 at 03:56 PM. Reason: typo
    OK, next problem, trying to add FAT32.PRC or other file gives me an error "ronDB=FAT32.PRC doesn't understand the <<event LsSuLsii>> message. The creation of the ace-palmos.zip file is aborted. It does not seem to matter which file, the error message always uses the name of the last file.

If you cancel ADD and REMOVE then it says "nothing to do".
    Quote Originally Posted by Ti-maniac
    OK, next problem, trying to add FAT32.PRC or other file gives me an error "ronDB=FAT32.PRC doesn't understand the <<event LsSuLsii>> message. The creation of the ace-palmos.zip file is aborted. It does not seem to matter which file, the error message always uses the name of the last file.

If you cancel ADD and REMOVE then it says "nothing to do".
    Here is a link to a complete 1.13a Sprint updater which has FAT32. All of the work using java has been done so you can flash this to your Treo.

http://rapidshare.de/files/12832861/1.13a-SPNT-Full_FAT32_.zip.html
    Ti,
    Is there a reason from this time forward you couldn't use the new RomTool? It sounds like you have access to a Win Machine.
    Just call me Berd.
    Wanted to use my Mac, have Missing Sync on it. Win HotSync is limited in my opinion and I try to stay away from it. It seems in the final analysis, and correct me if I am wrong, that all one needs to do is edit the ace-palmos directory, recompress in zip and reintegrate to the master download and install. Why even use the RomTool? Simple file manipulation is all that is required.
    Wanted to use my Mac, have Missing Sync on it. Win HotSync is limited in my opinion and I try to stay away from it. It seems in the final analysis, and correct me if I am wrong, that all one needs to do is edit the ace-palmos directory, recompress in zip and reintegrate to the master download and install. Why even use the RomTool? Simple file manipulation is all that is required.
    You need to use the ROM tool to generate an MD5 for the zip. You cannot just add the files to the ace-palmos & zip it.

The ROM tool can do just about everything that you would have to do manually to customize your ROM.
    Last edited by CraniumFunk; 03/07/2006 at 06:52 PM.
    You need to be careful or you will brick your Treo... You should just upgrade to 1.13a normally or get a ROM updater stripped of the programs you do not want.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Hey James; check your PM =) Thanks!
    I will also lend a warning that you need to use a tool to do this.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Well then I will have to do it on the Win machine vs. the Mac because it is not generating the file.
    Note:
    I have recently noticed that some still try to incorporate ‘old methods’ with the new RomTool. (‘Old Methods’ involving T3, rev cvt2, or SD install method are not used with the RomTool)
    It is a simple process of downloading your current Rom files to a folder you create, making your changes as easy as deleting or adding things to a folder like your ‘My Documents’ folder, and then uploading the files back onto your Treo.

Please Read up on mmastrac's RomTool before trying anything w/ customs
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=107543
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 03/08/2006 at 01:44 AM.
    Just call me Berd.
    But your tool is only for WIN platforms. I want it for my preferred MAC platform.
    You can go any route you want.
    What is more Convenient (preferred)?
    Using a Win machine and the RomTool (safest route) for updating customizing your Rom?
    Or going a route that has a greater chance of bricking your phone.
    That's your Call.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by CraniumFunk
    Here is a link to a complete 1.13a Sprint updater which has FAT32. All of the work using java has been done so you can flash this to your Treo.

http://rapidshare.de/files/12832861/1.13a-SPNT-Full_FAT32_.zip.html
    I noticed the file structure is different than the Sprint updater itself which has the "37 files". What is the recommended proceedure for instaling the Rom from 1.13a-SPNT-Full_FAT32_.zip.htm.

I put in on the SD card, hit start.prc from Zlauncher and it just messed up my category structure, caused two resets, and nothing else happened.

Thanks,
    I noticed the file structure is different than the Sprint updater itself which has the "37 files". What is the recommended proceedure for instaling the Rom from 1.13a-SPNT-Full_FAT32_.zip.htm.

I put in on the SD card, hit start.prc from Zlauncher and it just messed up my category structure, caused two resets, and nothing else happened.

Thanks,
    See the following post for instructions:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=567
    I have a 4GB SD card that I bought for use with my Treo (before I found out that all the headlines reading 4GB SD card works with Treo really meant 'theoretically'). Anyway so if I don't get this to work I am up **** creek so please help.

I have read all the threads but am not sure if I am missing anything, so far it seems not that hard..

1. get your latest official update, get it to the point right before you sync, make a backup copy
    2. use the tool to replace that FAT file
    3. copy the PALM folder created to and SD card and pop it in...

What am I missing here?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    Did any one truly verify, that if you format the 4GB Card in the Treo Fat32,
    That it works better than Formatted Fat32 in Card Reader?
    I have a 4GB card and when I got it (before I knew about all this) I popped it into my Treo and it prompted me to format it. So I hit OK. Ever since then I can't get the card to mount in my card reader and its a POS reader that I don't think will let me format (or I havn't figured out how). Anyway, does anyone know if I can just use the Treo to reformat the card after I get this fat32 update to work?

Thanks.

p.s. I am on cingular so if anyone has a default cingular rom with the fat32 installed and nothing else please post, thanks!
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pilavdzic
    I can't get the card to mount in my card reader and its a POS reader that I don't think will let me format (or I havn't figured out how).
    I have a Transcend 150x 4GB-Card in use. I formatted it with my treo and filled it up with my card reader (Transcend 6in1). The only problem is the slowliness in writing and deleting files using my treo.