Page 35 of 46 FirstFirst ... 25303132333435363738394045 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jrfaris
    I reformated a 1GB card in my Treo after installing a Fat32 ROM. It formated to Fat32. I had to use the PC reader to return it to Fat16 which performs better.
    This is interesting. I tried to do this tonight with a 1 G card that I had for a camera. Tried formatting in the Treo->put into PC card reader->Properties->Fat. Took 1G card->put in card reader->format->Fat 16. Could not get it to format to Fat 32 on the smaller card. May have something to do with the card. All mine were SanDisk before the Transcend card.

Regards,

Jim
    Yes, with the FAT32 driver I think the Treo will automatically format cards 1GB and up with FAT32. Any cards smaller than 1GB will be formatted with FAT16.

I'm not totally sure what the lowest capacity is that will be formatted with FAT32. I have 64MB, 1GB, 2GB and 4GB cards and it automatically formatted the 64MB card with FAT16. The other three cards were formatted with FAT32.
    512 was formatted as FAT16 in Treo with FAT32 driver
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by DrCJ
    Tony,

I would put your newly formatted card in a card reader and (if operating in windows) go to My Computer->card name->Properties. I had a 2g card that I formatted in the Treo AFTER Fat32 and it was still listed as Fat16. When the new Transcend card arrived, it natively formatted to Fat32. Interestingly, after a soft reset, I reformatted my 2G card and it is now Fat32 and it is not supposed to be that way. According to the kind folks over at jamesgangut, format will not occur to Fat32 UNLESS over 2G.

Regards,

Jim
    My 1 GB card says FAT32; my 128 MB card says FAT (FAT16, I suppose). Both were formatted in my Treo with FAT32.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    i've experienced some slightly strange behavior with my SD card since i switch to the ROM with the FAT32 driver.

after copying the files on my 2-gig SanDisk Ultra 2 card to my computer, I converted the card to FAT32 and then recopied the contents back to the card.

since there's only around 10% of freespace on the card, I wanted to clear out some things -- just now, attempting to delete three big mp3 files using Filez, I got a hang. after soft-resetting, I found that the first had been deleted, but the others were still there. then I used Launcher X's file manager to delete one of the remaining files, got the same behavior. just now I tried deleting a much smaller file in a different directory -- no hang.

I may reconvert to FAT16 -- there was a dramatic difference in performance when I changed the driver without reformatting the card. but my VFS marks are not very good for this card; I had thought maybe I could record audio straight to the SD card using a sample rate of 16000HZ, but no dice, at least with it formatted F32.
    Yes, with the FAT32 driver I think the Treo will automatically format cards 1GB and up with FAT32. Any cards smaller than 1GB will be formatted with FAT16.
    Absolutely correct.

The waste of space is not noticeable in card below 1 GB and so the driver format them as FAT 16, that is faster and more reliable in case of FS errors.
    -------------------------------------------------

Ericsson/Sonyericsson SH 668 > SH868 > SH888 > R320 >T39m > T65 >T68mc > R380 > P800 > Z600 > Z1010 > K608i
    Siemens ME45 > S55 > SL55
    Motorola 6200 > C333 > C350 > V547 > E1000 > A1000
    Nokia 7110 > 6230 > 6630 > 6230i> E60 > N80
    Panasonic G500 > GD90 > VS3
    Philips Fisio 820 > 825
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 750V
    Samsung ZV40 > SGH-Z560
    NEC 338 > 616
    Quote Originally Posted by The Solutor
    Absolutely correct.

The waste of space is not noticeable in card below 1 GB and so the driver format them as FAT 16, that is faster and more reliable in case of FS errors.
    Actually, I think you can notice a difference in the space. Last night I copied my files to my PC, reformatted my 256mb card (yes, pathetically small, lol) from fat32 to fat16 and copied the files back. For some reason, I lost about 20 megs of space (went from roughly 120 to 99). Maybe other factors came into play in this situation but it was something I definitely noticed.

Other than though it does seems faster than formatted at fat32.
    Ok, "noticeable" is not the correct word, "relevant" fit better in the above post.

BTW The waste of space is related to the size of the files present in th SD.

If you have tousands of tiny files the difference from fat and fat 32 can be relevant even in a 512 or 256 MB card, but in normal condition, with mixed size files, the difference is noticeable but not relevant.
    -------------------------------------------------

Ericsson/Sonyericsson SH 668 > SH868 > SH888 > R320 >T39m > T65 >T68mc > R380 > P800 > Z600 > Z1010 > K608i
    Siemens ME45 > S55 > SL55
    Motorola 6200 > C333 > C350 > V547 > E1000 > A1000
    Nokia 7110 > 6230 > 6630 > 6230i> E60 > N80
    Panasonic G500 > GD90 > VS3
    Philips Fisio 820 > 825
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 750V
    Samsung ZV40 > SGH-Z560
    NEC 338 > 616
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Am I the only one who after adding this to their treo cannot read SD cards at all? They dont even show up for me. Hopefully I did something obviously wrong and someone can slap me and call me an ***** =/

I'm really getting scared now..I replaced the Fatfs.prc and it still doesnt read the sd cards doesnt even recognize them being there.

Help? =/
    Quote Originally Posted by machx
    Am I the only one who after adding this to their treo cannot read SD cards at all? They dont even show up for me. Hopefully I did something obviously wrong and someone can slap me and call me an ***** =/

I'm really getting scared now..I replaced the Fatfs.prc and it still doesnt read the sd cards doesnt even recognize them being there.

Help? =/
    Did you replace it in ROM or just copy it over to RAM?
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    Did you replace it in ROM or just copy it over to RAM?
    replaced in ROM
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    If made a ROM removeing VersaMail make sure you do not remove MMCBulverdeIntelDrv_Device.prc or will not be able to read your SD card.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Why is nobody using the 4gb 200x mmc card?

http://www.emartbuy.com/us/console/i...ducts/1135.jpg
    Last edited by d1hamby; 03/05/2006 at 03:02 AM.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by resturg
    If made a ROM removeing VersaMail make sure you do not remove MMCBulverdeIntelDrv_Device.prc or will not be able to read your SD card.
    I'm betting this is what got messed up....good call! thanks ill try it when I get home tonight
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    I'm betting this is what got messed up....good call! thanks ill try it when I get home tonight
    It happed to me and, now I more careful. I just deleted everything starting with mm. Good luck
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Palm is in the buisness of making things easy and straight forward for it's own tech support group. they don't want to overly complicate things. I'm sure they have people who could do everything we have done. It's just not in the companies best interest to do those things.

Then again, I've always wondered why they don't start a "experimental" group which helps out the community with technology details, yet specifically requires you to give up your technical support from them to use it. Thus they would loose nothing, and mostly gain a great amount of innovation. But alas, I'm sure they have their reasons.
    Hate to ruin your optimism but I think their reason is quite simple: stupidity.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by resturg
    It happed to me and, now I more careful. I just deleted everything starting with mm. Good luck
    Fixed it perfectly. I don't see how this driver is any better though...I don't notice much speed difference and writing actually seems slower. Where is this supposed to be benefiting us?
    Fixed it perfectly. I don't see how this driver is any better though...I don't notice much speed difference and writing actually seems slower. Where is this supposed to be benefiting us?
    Same for me. Reading seems faster, but writing seems slower. Formatting my 2GB SD card takes a loooooong time and usually my 3 minute auto power off kicks in before it finishes. With the old fat driver that came with the 650, it only took seconds to format my 2GB card.
    I couild use a little help with a MAC. I have downloaded both the T3.class and T3.java files, as well as the 37 files from Palm in the Treo650_1_13a_SPNT.sit file and uncompressed them. I am unable to run T3.class or T3.java.

It is unclear to me how to set up the CLASSPATH env variable as noted in Shadowmite's instructions and the link is unclear to me. It is also unclear how to invoke the SDK as well. I assume once this is done I obtain the files needed in 1.13a.

I assume I could run the 1.13a and install them on the current rom though hotsync and then back them up, and then run the ROM tool. I was hoping to avoid this step with T3.class.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by Ti-maniac
    I couild use a little help with a MAC. I have downloaded both the T3.class and T3.java files, as well as the 37 files from Palm in the Treo650_1_13a_SPNT.sit file and uncompressed them. I am unable to run T3.class or T3.java.

It is unclear to me how to set up the CLASSPATH env variable as noted in Shadowmite's instructions and the link is unclear to me. It is also unclear how to invoke the SDK as well. I assume once this is done I obtain the files needed in 1.13a.

I assume I could run the 1.13a and install them on the current rom though hotsync and then back them up, and then run the ROM tool. I was hoping to avoid this step with T3.class.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thank you
    Yes, very confusing this classpath variable. Just set it to wherever the t3.class file resides. You can also run t3 from a directory that is already in the classpath env variable.

hope this helps...
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.