Page 32 of 46 FirstFirst ... 22272829303132333435363742 ... LastLast
  1. aph
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    No you can't add fat32 with Palm's loader. You have to do a Custom ROM
    I wanted to know if I could go back to the original factory ROM with Palm's updater.
    Quote Originally Posted by aph
    I wanted to know if I could go back to the original factory ROM with Palm's updater.
    You should
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    Here is a link at a Cingular G stripped ROM something akin to Cust3 rom for 1.20ENA. NO Versa or Xpressmail or get Good, tutorial removed. It has fat32/fastmode Blazer. I did not test this. If you load this please let me know your result.

http://rapidshare.de/files/13425592/...ing_g.zip.html
    It worked fine on when I loaded it, James. Only complained about the missing tutorial file when the hard reset came back up, but I assume that's okay.

BTW: This is a duplicate post, since the new ROM straddles both the Fat32 and Fast Blazer topics.

Thanks James!!
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
    I have now got my 4GB SD ADATA card working on my Verizon Treo 650. Currently, the only thing I did was to install the FAT32 driver. I am now thinking of trimming the ROM up by removing the Verizon forced apps that I do not use. Again, thank all of you for the help.
    I went to compusa and picked up a dazzle thunderbolt card reader for 9.99 that works just fine with the transcend 4gb card. It actually rang up 19.99 but the sign said 9.99, so im not sure what one was correct.

Quote Originally Posted by aldamon
    Ugh. Transcend says their card reader supports their 4GB cards. Here it is at ZZF for $24.99 shipped:

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/Produc...ffiliate=yahoo

Transcend new release Card reader TS-RD13S/R/B fully support SD150 2GB/4GB.

http://www.transcendusa.com/Support/...No=0&FAQNo=408
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kessomatt
    I went to compusa and picked up a dazzle thunderbolt card reader for 9.99 that works just fine with the transcend 4gb card. It actually rang up 19.99 but the sign said 9.99, so im not sure what one was correct.
    Thanks. I E-mailed Sandisk yesterday and they say my SDDR-99 is not compatible with 4GB cards
    Thanks Shadowmite...! (for all your good work)

And here are my results....

Using Treo 650 GSM:
    Homebuild 1.20 ENA Rom firmware 1.71 including:

Aeroplayer 5.50 (Plugins on SD card)
    Butler 3.51
    Cardexport 2.20
    Docs To Go 8.0
    Filez 6.8
    Snappermail 2.3.2
    Syncall
    Agendus Pro 10.0 (Actnames.prc)

FAT32.prc (TESTING... )

Results:

FATFS.prc FAT 128MB SD 468
    FAT32.prc FAT32 128MB SD 747
    FAT32.prc FAT 128MB SD 699

FATFS.prc FAT 256MB SD 410
    FAT32.prc FAT32 256MB SD 732
    FAT32.prc FAT 256MB SD 735

FATFS.prc FAT 1 Gig SD 560
    FAT32.prc FAT32 1 Gig SD 923
    FAT32.prc FAT 1 Gig SD 947

FATFS.prc FAT 2 Gig ultra II 427
    FAT32.prc FAT32 2 Gig ultra II 630
    FAT32.prc FAT 2 Gig ultra II 749

Hmm... little strange results! 2 Gig ultra II scores no better than 1 Gig (both Sandisk) and my results are not as high as in this forum seen! Why is that?

is anyone having problems with the latest version of pocket tunes (in RAM not ROM) after fat 32 ...

it may just be something very simple that i am doing wrong ... but since doing fat32 i can't seem to get it to work correctly ...(was working ok before) .... it seems to be "stuck" on cycling thru all mp3 songs in the folder ... i can't seem to get it to just play one song and then stop ...... it never did this before ..... i have checked the settings ...and deleted it and reinstalled it ...same thing .... aeroplayer works fine ... i can't imagine why just one prog would do this? ...

has anyone else with pocket tunes and fat32 seen this?
    Just tried it. Didn't have a problem. Picked one song and it only played the one song.
    Sorry no help here
    There's always next year!
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    Just tried it and: No problems. I marked on song out of 20 in a subfolder of /Audio/, Pockettunes shows only this one song in the title-list, plays it well and then stops. Everything as before.
    Using 1.20ENA customRom with FAT32, PocketTunesDeluxe3.1.3 in RAM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwibuz
    Thanks Shadowmite...! (for all your good work)

And here are my results....

Using Treo 650 GSM:
    Homebuild 1.20 ENA Rom firmware 1.71 including:

Aeroplayer 5.50 (Plugins on SD card)
    Butler 3.51
    Cardexport 2.20
    Docs To Go 8.0
    Filez 6.8
    Snappermail 2.3.2
    Syncall
    Agendus Pro 10.0 (Actnames.prc)

FAT32.prc (TESTING... )

Results:

FATFS.prc FAT 128MB SD 468
    FAT32.prc FAT32 128MB SD 747
    FAT32.prc FAT 128MB SD 699

FATFS.prc FAT 256MB SD 410
    FAT32.prc FAT32 256MB SD 732
    FAT32.prc FAT 256MB SD 735

FATFS.prc FAT 1 Gig SD 560
    FAT32.prc FAT32 1 Gig SD 923
    FAT32.prc FAT 1 Gig SD 947

FATFS.prc FAT 2 Gig ultra II 427
    FAT32.prc FAT32 2 Gig ultra II 630
    FAT32.prc FAT 2 Gig ultra II 749

Hmm... little strange results! 2 Gig ultra II scores no better than 1 Gig (both Sandisk) and my results are not as high as in this forum seen! Why is that?

Kwibuz: Did you put any other Agendus files in rom besides actname.prc? I tried and when I try to launch Agendus, it complaints of a missing db file. Did you also see this error, if yes how did you get around it? Thanks.
    And back on the Camcorder app - mine isn't resetting (like people have spoken about earlier), but I did just find out that it's not playing sound on playback. The sound is there - I can see/hear everything just fine when copied over to the laptop (or played in TCPMP), but it's not playing back the sound during video play in the Media application... I'm using the 1.20/1.71ENA empty, w/ FAT32.
    On the camera app problem, I have some progress but not complete resolution yet. Marc released a new version of Chatter (1.1.5b16) with a different method for memory handling and it seems to have helped. If you use Chatter you should give it a shot.
    I can use the camera app at hi-res, but I did have another reset after using rescoviewer. Damn Palm OS... at least it's usable this way, but I am still going to try different options to see if I can completely resolve this...
    Banana do you use Chatter or Rescoviewer?
    Quote Originally Posted by aussietanker
    is anyone having problems with the latest version of pocket tunes (in RAM not ROM) after fat 32 ...

it may just be something very simple that i am doing wrong ... but since doing fat32 i can't seem to get it to work correctly ...(was working ok before) .... it seems to be "stuck" on cycling thru all mp3 songs in the folder ... i can't seem to get it to just play one song and then stop ...... it never did this before ..... i have checked the settings ...and deleted it and reinstalled it ...same thing .... aeroplayer works fine ... i can't imagine why just one prog would do this? ...

has anyone else with pocket tunes and fat32 seen this?
    No problems here
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by ChasT
    I'm a great fan of both MyTreo and TreoCentral, and I tell off people at My Treo who refuse to come over here and learn stuff and join in.

I try and post helpful answers as well as ask questions, but I must say here on TreoCentral I regularly find my questions get ignored, while at MyTreo someone always tries to give an answer.

No one care to answer my question about the Creator ID for Real ?
    I'm not 100% certain on this, but I believe it is RNWK. I took a look via Filez and there's not a lot of mention for Real. I do see one file listed that I made an educated guess on that is named RNWKDB - Real NetworK DataBase. The details of this file show the creator ID as RNWK. Other than that, I really don't know for certain.
    Thanks Reigh

I googled RNWK and it came up with RealNetWorK, so that must be right

Like you, I have got the RNWKDB file, so I have back it up and deleted then it, plus removed a reference to RNWK in my Saved Preferences file.

Cheers
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    hey jamesgangut, thanks mucho for the Cing Rom!!! Much kudos for all the help you give to everyone here, it amazes me how far out of their way people here go to help out... Not easy to find this kind of support... Gonna try that Rom out tonight, will let you know how it goes asap!
    hey Nachtswerg, just wondering how the Rom's working out for you? I'm hoping that the increased dbcache size will cut down on the resets I'm having when I try to make a call from my TL's BT... praying...lol
    Quote Originally Posted by aph
    Can someone please answer this?
    I know you dont have Sprint but on Sprint..you can use the Official updater to bring the phone back to factory ROM. I don't see why this wouldn't work for other carriers.

What I did do however is extracted the original ROM from the official updated and have a copy of it in my card. So anytime I wanna go back to factory ROM I just flash the ROM with that. Saves me a lot of time.

Hope this helps.
    Hey Mosco...

Just :

- Install Agendus the normal way
    - Hotsync
    - Get the actnames.prc from your \program files\Palmtreo\user\backup\directory
    - Put it in your custom ROM
    - Reset & Hotsync again
    - Have Fun .... (this works for me (Agendus 10.*)

- The .pdb files resides in your RAM this way

Greetz
    I've got the custom fat32 on my sprint 650 and just got my 4gb adata from newegg. Card Export wouldn't recognize the card so I formatted it in a card reader. Now, when I connect using card export, it shows as connected but my pc isn't recognizing the removable storage. I can only use a card reader.

Any suggestions?