Page 31 of 46 FirstFirst ... 21262728293031323334353641 ... LastLast
    I have created a custom rom including the fat32 and removing some other stuff using shadowmites tool. I have been looking at doing this since this thread was started, I just now have the nads to do it. I am following these instructions

Directions to install:
    1. Backup Treo.
    2. Using card reader, rename PALM folder on SD card to PALM-old.
    3. Download the ROM & extract the PALM folder from the zip file. Copy the PALM folder to the root directory of the SD card.
    4. Hard Reset, do screen calibration. Should be at Phone app. Push Home button to get to Palm Launcher (you will see program icons).
    5. In Palm Launcher, insert SD card. . . Wait. . .Firmware updates. . .Wait. . .ROM updates. . .Phone will reboot a couple times.
    6. When u get to touchscreen calibration, remove SD card. Do calibration to get to Phone app.
    7. Hard Reset (to be safe).
    8. Restore Treo

after reading through so much this seem to be the way to go. My question is do I copy the new ace-palmos.zip and ace-palmos.zip.md5 that were created in the Costum ROM folder from shadows tool to Treo650.SPCS folder in the ROM? It seems obvious to do so I just don't want "F" something up. And on that note can some one post a link to Shadowmites recovery tool in case I do Brick

Thanks in advance
    There's always next year!
    Quote Originally Posted by scuzlebutt
    I have created a custom rom including the fat32 and removing some other stuff using shadowmites tool. I have been looking at doing this since this thread was started, I just now have the nads to do it. I am following these instructions

Directions to install:
    1. Backup Treo.
    2. Using card reader, rename PALM folder on SD card to PALM-old.
    3. Download the ROM & extract the PALM folder from the zip file. Copy the PALM folder to the root directory of the SD card.
    4. Hard Reset, do screen calibration. Should be at Phone app. Push Home button to get to Palm Launcher (you will see program icons).
    5. In Palm Launcher, insert SD card. . . Wait. . .Firmware updates. . .Wait. . .ROM updates. . .Phone will reboot a couple times.
    6. When u get to touchscreen calibration, remove SD card. Do calibration to get to Phone app.
    7. Hard Reset (to be safe).
    8. Restore Treo

after reading through so much this seem to be the way to go. My question is do I copy the new ace-palmos.zip and ace-palmos.zip.md5 that were created in the Costum ROM folder from shadows tool to Treo650.SPCS folder in the ROM? It seems obvious to do so I just don't want "F" something up. And on that note can some one post a link to Shadowmites recovery tool in case I do Brick

Thanks in advance
    Yes that is right, www.shadowmite.com in the forums you will find the ROm restore tool. If that happens goto the IRC and someone can help you.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

This new Driver is working excellent!!! I can read my old cards much faster and all programs run quicker.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Thanks to everyone!!!!
    I am no longer a virgin! Custom Rom, Fat32, removed tutorials, realplayer, and versamail.

B4 fat32....

VFSMark Results

File Create: 84%
    File Delete: 40%
    File Write: 56%
    File Read: 635%
    File Seek: 590%
    DB Export: 46%
    DB Import: 433%
    Record Access: 670%
    Resource Access: 609%

VFSMark: 351

After fat32...

VFSMark Results

File Create: 86%
    File Delete: 41%
    File Write: 56%
    File Read: 610%
    File Seek: 2360%
    DB Export: 45%
    DB Import: 443%
    Record Access: 1064%
    Resource Access: 1097%

VFSMark: 644

Now I have to get rid of the New Sprint Logo
    There's always next year!
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    B or G? Not a promise but I may.
    Firmware 01.51
    Treo 650 -1.17-CNG
    Hardware A

And "Muchos Grassyarse" if ya can manage
    I'm just recording this for now - I'll come back and edit it with "after" numbers in a few hours or so:

VFSMark:

File Create: Fat16: 470% FAT32: 515%
    File Delete: Fat16: 176% FAT32: 198%
    File Write: Fat16: 46% FAT32: 47%
    File Read: Fat16: 545% FAT32: 594%
    File Seek: Fat16: 621% FAT32: 1966%
    DB Export: Fat16: 168% FAT32: 168%
    DB Import: Fat16: 375% FAT32: 405%
    Record Access: Fat16: 603% FAT32: 978%
    Resource Access Fat16: 590% FAT32: 984%
    VFSMark: Fat16: 399 FAT32: 650

WOW!!
    Last edited by westronic; 02/17/2006 at 03:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Any shot at one of these quickie" Cingular jobs with:

FAT32
    New Blazer

or possibly

Delete Express Mail
    Delete Get Good

Heading over to other thread in case something posted I missed since last read.
    Not ever having used Cingular, is ExpressMail/Versamail using same programs? I have a ROM that I removed the GetGood and GetMail (which I am assuming it Expressmail) but then there are some Versamail files. I have one done with Versamail removed, fat32 and changed Blazer. If this sounds right let me know and I will get it posted
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

hi jamesgangut,
    I have the same setup as JackNaylor and would love 1 of your custom Roms... If it could have xpress mail, get good and the quick tour removed that would be da s***!!!
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez
    This new Driver is working excellent!!! I can read my old cards much faster and all programs run quicker.
    Did any one truly verify, that if you format the 4GB Card in the Treo Fat32,
    That it works better than Formatted Fat32 in Card Reader?
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Not ever having used Cingular, is ExpressMail/Versamail using same programs? I have a ROM that I removed the GetGood and GetMail (which I am assuming it Expressmail) but then there are some Versamail files. I have one done with Versamail removed, fat32 and changed Blazer. If this sounds right let me know and I will get it posted
    I don't think so, the app on the Palm makes you register supposedly to go and download the software (there's software for both your desktop and Treo). Nowhere in the Xpressmail demo on Cinular's site do they ever mention Versamail.

Of course they constantly refer to the Treo 270... so who knows???
    Treo 755P
    Here is a link at a Cingular G stripped ROM something akin to Cust3 rom for 1.20ENA. NO Versa or Xpressmail or get Good, tutorial removed. It has fat32/fastmode Blazer. I did not test this. If you load this please let me know your result.

http://rapidshare.de/files/13425592/...ing_g.zip.html

I'm a great fan of both MyTreo and TreoCentral, and I tell off people at My Treo who refuse to come over here and learn stuff and join in.

I try and post helpful answers as well as ask questions, but I must say here on TreoCentral I regularly find my questions get ignored, while at MyTreo someone always tries to give an answer.

No one care to answer my question about the Creator ID for Real ?
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    I don't have Real on my phone anymore so I can't tell you. Sorry.

That's my problem

Cheers
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    Mine too
    I don't have Real on my phone anymore so I can't tell you. Sorry.
    Me Don't have either.

Quote Originally Posted by ChasT
    I'm a great fan of both MyTreo and TreoCentral, and I tell off people at My Treo who refuse to come over here and learn stuff and join in.

I try and post helpful answers as well as ask questions, but I must say here on TreoCentral I regularly find my questions get ignored, while at MyTreo someone always tries to give an answer.

No one care to answer my question about the Creator ID for Real ?
    I'm sorry that your answers might be overlooked, rather than ignored.
    I used to spend quite a bit of time over there, but I felt that I found more help over here. hmm. Don't know. To me it seems alot more stuff is going on over here, and that might explain the oversight.
    Just call me Berd.
    James, I'll give it a shot tonight and get back to you on the CNG ROM
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
  18. aph
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aph
    Quick question before I flash the ROM: Assuming I will be able to go back to the factory CNB ROM so as not to void my warranty, can I do so with the official updater or should I back it up with Shadowmite's tool before I start?
    Can someone please answer this?
    Last edited by aph; 02/16/2006 at 05:07 PM.
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Why don't you just try it and see what happens? Worst case is you brick your phone and fix it the the bootloader. I would think it would work though since everything is extracted from the installers from Palm anyways.
    No you can't add fat32 with Palm's loader. You have to do a Custom ROM