Page 30 of 46 FirstFirst ... 20252627282930313233343540 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    YUP... I just got my Transcend 4GB card from Newegg myself and it works perfectly. The Treo recognized it immediately with the new FAT32 driver installed. However, my card reader could not recognize it unfortunately, so I had to transfer all my data to the card via card export which while so did the job. I've attached some screen shots as well.

Also, I have had NO problems with the camera or camcorder apps with the new driver. I have Sprint firmware ver 1.13a with updated FAT32 driver fyi...

What's the "new" fat32 driver? Is that the one in the first post of this thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    What's the "new" fat32 driver? Is that the one in the first post of this thread?

LOL...yeah. I figured this was still new to most users here you know...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Ah gotcha. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by fortezza
    Have you tested it while the data connection is active ( email send/recieve, chat program running, etc ). That seems to be when others are having problems with recording video.

Yup. Been using it with chattermail saving mesages to card, with Verichat, Quickipedia with cache to card and etc. So far everything seems to work fine. I have not experienced any bugs or resets other users have reported using camcorder app etc. FYI, I am using a Sprint 650 with 1.13a firmware with FAT32 driver posted by CraniumFunk...

The only thing I've noticed so far is that writing to card seems to be a bit delayed with the Transcend. I haven't had a chance to try VFSMark yet, but I'll post my results later...

The other thing that I previously noted that my card reader definitely DID NOT recognize the card properly and would only see 1GB if I tried to format it via card reader. So be prepared for that and transferring all your data via Card export etc...

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by fortezza
    gFunk, I am glad to hear it is working for you. I had a bad experience with my first AData from newegg( an RMA replacement is coming back to me now ), so I was looking at Transend. Thanks for taking the leap and letting people know how it went. Now I can order a 4GB card with confidence.

I hear ya. I have 2 RMA's with newegg on two different ADATA cards which both failed. The Transcend is ~$15 bucks more expensive, but I think it will be worth it if the quality ends up being better, knock on wood! So far the Transcend seems fine...

Will Sandisk release a 4g sd soon?
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    The other thing that I previously noted that my card reader definitely DID NOT recognize the card properly and would only see 1GB if I tried to format it via card reader. So be prepared for that and transferring all your data via Card export etc...
    Ugh. Transcend says their card reader supports their 4GB cards. Here it is at ZZF for $24.99 shipped:

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/Produc...ffiliate=yahoo

Transcend new release Card reader TS-RD13S/R/B fully support SD150 2GB/4GB.

http://www.transcendusa.com/Support/...No=0&FAQNo=408
    Last edited by aldamon; 02/16/2006 at 06:53 AM.
    There are other card readers out there that can read 4GB cards. You don't have to buy the Transcend one. It's just a matter of finding out which ones do...
    does anyone have any thoughts on this question previously posted by aph but not as yet answered .....

Quick question before I flash the ROM: Assuming I will be able to go back to the factory CNB ROM so as not to void my warranty, can I do it with the official updater or should I extract it with Shadowmite's tool before I start?
    the same question is in my mind too ....

thanks
    I ran the rom update from James last night. It worked great.

The only problem I hit was that I needed to refresh my DRM licenses from Napster2Go after I did the update. Keep this in mind if you use Ptunes/Napster, I'd hate for you not to have your tunes!
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
    Having installed ROM #1 and therefore removed Versamail and Real, I wondered about left over files etc.

I have removed all the asc3 & 4 Creator files, MM files, MMcache files and Multi Mail files etc, plus removed lots of asc3 & 4 references in my Saved Preferences file.

However I'm not sure what the creator tag was for Real, plus are there any Real files that might be left behind in Ram/Hotsync folder?

Thanks
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachtswerg
    I ran the rom update from James last night. It worked great.

The only problem I hit was that I needed to refresh my DRM licenses from Napster2Go after I did the update. Keep this in mind if you use Ptunes/Napster, I'd hate for you not to have your tunes!
    I had this "problem" too, only with Windows Media Player. I went to MSN Music last night to buy some music and it wouldn't work because my DRM license had suddenly become expired (after connecting my 650 /w updated fat32 firmware to my PC and transferring music from WMP).
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    There are other card readers out there that can read 4GB cards. You don't have to buy the Transcend one. It's just a matter of finding out which ones do...
    It's nice that there's no guess work involved with the Transcend reader. I'm giong to E-mail Sandisk and see if my SDDR-99 will read a 4GB card. I have a Digital Concepts CR-35M reader at work that I will investigate as well. I doubt either will work but it's worth it to ask.
    OK, I have read through all these pages. I feel like I want the fat32 mod to make my phone run faster, but I am a liberal arts guy who really understands very little. I have a locked Cingluar 650, with software 1.17-cng. I downloaded the cust_cing.zip file linked to earlier. It has these instructions:

This is the 1.17 Cingular update with FatFS removed and replaced with Fat32. The firmware is not updated only the ROM. Thsi is for Treo's already updated through the regular process and then to add the Fat32 functionality.

1- Copy Rom and Palm folders to the root of SD. If Palm folder exist previously rename it. Ex. TREO
    2- Back up data, Plugin power. Insert card, run ROMupdater from card.
    3- Type rev cvt2[enter]
    4- Type ace[enter]

When told to do so hard reset Treo. Restore data.

If I do this, will I have my same Treo I have now, except with the fat32? Just curious, why does it say plug in power? What happens if I do it without plugging it in (at work, no power cord here). Finally, am I just too inept to try this?
    Enjoy!
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emunch
    OK, I have read through all these pages. I feel like I want the fat32 mod to make my phone run faster, but I am a liberal arts guy who really understands very little. I have a locked Cingluar 650, with software 1.17-cng. I downloaded the cust_cing.zip file linked to earlier. It has these instructions:

This is the 1.17 Cingular update with FatFS removed and replaced with Fat32. The firmware is not updated only the ROM. Thsi is for Treo's already updated through the regular process and then to add the Fat32 functionality.

1- Copy Rom and Palm folders to the root of SD. If Palm folder exist previously rename it. Ex. TREO
    3- Type rev cvt2[enter]
    4- Type ace[enter]

If I do this, will I have my same Treo I have now, except with the fat32? Just curious, why does it say plug in power? What happens if I do it without plugging it in (at work, no power cord here). Finally, am I just too inept to try this?
    Enjoy!
    If you lose power when it's flashing the ROM you will have a brick on your hands will will need to go through the pain of getting it back functionaing again.
    Any time you do a rom update, even from Palm, they tell you to plug in the power. While the updates are normally pretty fast, having it fail will give you a nice silver paperweight, instead of a zippy Treo
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
    OK, but beyond that, following those instructions will update the fat for me and leave everything else as is (after I re-hotsync)?
    Quote Originally Posted by emunch

3- Type rev cvt2[enter]
    4- Type ace[enter]

Enjoy!
    The updater won't run if it is not plugged in. Yes it will be the same, the only thing changed in the ROM is fatfs removed fat32 inserted.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    The updater won't run if it is not plugged in. Yes it will be the same, the only thing changed in the ROM is fatfs removed fat32 inserted.
    Any shot at one of these quickie" Cingular jobs with:

FAT32
    New Blazer

or possibly

Delete Express Mail
    Delete Get Good

Heading over to other thread in case something posted I missed since last read.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Any shot at one of these quickie" Cingular jobs with:

FAT32
    New Blazer

or possibly

Delete Express Mail
    Delete Get Good

Heading over to other thread in case something posted I missed since last read.
    B or G? Not a promise but I may.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS