Page 29 of 46 FirstFirst ... 19242526272829303132333439 ... LastLast
    Can anyone confirm that they've been able to get the FAT32.prc to work via a custom ROM with a Verizon 650? I tried but got locked into a looping reset. Fortunately, I was able to use the bootloader/USB method--thanks to Shadowmite and crew!--to get it up and going again.

Anyway, if you have it working, would you mind giving me some advice, or if possible, send me a copy of your ROM?
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aldamon
    Has anyone tried formatting their SD Card in FAT32 with 32K cluster sizes? Specific cluster sizes can be selected in Windows XP under Computer Management > Disk Management > Format.

Nevermind, I guess that cluster size is too big for FAT32. A cluster size of 8K seems to work though.
    With FAT32 you can actually go up to 64K but I do not know what the PAM will do with that. I noted via CHKDSK that standard PALM FAT16 for a 2GB SD card has cluster 32K and I tested (VFSmark program) a FAT32 with 16K and speed was not significantly faster. I did not try 32K because it takes some time to format SD and reload about a 1GM of data to make the test comparable.
    Hi all, first post here... This post really has me wanting to mess around with my ROM but was wondering if anyone knows where I can get a custom Cingular 1.17-CNG ROM without things like Get Good, Real Player, Versamail, Xpress Mail, Welcome & Quick Tour but with the Fat32?? Please let me know if you can... Sorry if it's in another post but I can't search too much as I'm at work and kinda flipping back and forth to this thread...
    Quote Originally Posted by rkub
    Hi all, first post here... This post really has me wanting to mess around with my ROM but was wondering if anyone knows where I can get a custom Cingular 1.17-CNG ROM without things like Get Good, Real Player, Versamail, Xpress Mail, Welcome & Quick Tour but with the Fat32?? Please let me know if you can... Sorry if it's in another post but I can't search too much as I'm at work and kinda flipping back and forth to this thread...
    This might get you going:
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showp...&postcount=317
    Also, you might talk to sissa:
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showp...&postcount=319
    Just call me Berd.
    Since the FAT32 upgrade my camera app resets if I try to capture video at 352x288 (hi-res).

This only happens when my treo is online (GPRS/EDGE on Cingular). If I go offline then it works fine. It happens when trying to save to ram or the card.

I did reformat my card from the treo after upgrading my custom ROM to FAT32.

I have 11M available in ram so I don't think it's a memory issue.

Is anyone else having a similar problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by mosco
    Since the FAT32 upgrade my camera app resets if I try to capture video at 352x288 (hi-res).
    Seeing this, I tried it. Upon stopping the recording, it immediately reset, with "A reset was caused ... running "Camera": Fatal Exception".

After the reset, tried it again, both to RAM and SD, and it didn't reset.

T-Mo, 120ENA, FAT32, 2G
    It resets immediately when I hit the record button in the camera app, and one time it displayed a "cannot encode video" error message, but then reset upon further attempts.
    If I am online and go offline (for example in chatter with quit and go offline or in blazer with the disconnect menu command), it works fine. It only happens when my GPRS/EDGE connection is active.
    Are you also getting these errors only when connected? Would be interesting to know since you're on T-Mo and I'm on Cingular.

120ENA FAT32, 2G sd card.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    I just tried it twice, recorded a video at 352x288 (one to RAM, one to Card) and had no problems.
    T-Mobile (germany), 1.20ENA, FAT32, 2GB-Card (wihich is formatted with "old" FAT16)
    Maybe it's a combination of a third party app I have with the FAT32 driver.
    bananachunks are you using any of these:
    hi-launcher
    chatter
    verichat
    LedOFF
    cardexportII
    RescoExplorer
    RescoViewer
    Agendus Pro (10)
    mVoice

Anyone else having this problem with (or without) FAT32?
    Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by mosco
    Are you also getting these errors only when connected? Would be interesting to know since you're on T-Mo and I'm on Cingular.
    Only had it happen that one and only time so far, and it did happen while online. But the few successive tries after back from reset were fine, and I was online then as well.

I have, from your list:
    chatter ROM
    verichat ROM (but off and unused atm)
    cardexportII ROM
    RescoExplorer ROM
    Agendus Pro (10) RAM
    Hey Berdinkerdickle,
    Thanks a lot for the posts but really looking for a custom rom with some of the installed apps deleted... Really trying to find a way to stop it from resetting when I try to use it with my Acura TL's BT... I don't know if it's from the DBCache or what but it resets almost everytime I try to initiate a call from the car... Incoming calls are no problem, just can't initiate a call...
    Quote Originally Posted by bananachunks
    Only had it happen that one and only time so far, and it did happen while online. But the few successive tries after back from reset were fine, and I was online then as well.

I have, from your list:
    chatter ROM
    verichat ROM (but off and unused atm)
    cardexportII ROM
    RescoExplorer ROM
    Agendus Pro (10) RAM
    Thanks.

Mine are:
    Chatter RAM (latest beta 1.1.4.5b14)
    verichat ROM (but off and unused)
    CarexportII ROM
    Resco ROM
    Agendus RAM (could never get it to run in ROM)
    Hey, quick question for everyone... If you place apps in a custom ROM like this, what do you do when the app is updated to a new version? do you have to do a new custom ROM? Just wondering if it's worth putting apps in ROM...
    Quote Originally Posted by rkub
    Hey, quick question for everyone... If you place apps in a custom ROM like this, what do you do when the app is updated to a new version? do you have to do a new custom ROM? Just wondering if it's worth putting apps in ROM...
    Yes, you have to update your custom rom and reinstall it. So you should only put apps that you use on a daily basis and are stable.
    Yeah, if you put apps. in your custom ROM and an updated version of that app. is released, you'll need to make another custom ROM to update it. OR you can simply hotsync it into your Treo just like installing any other app., BUT you'll have two icons of that app..
    and not apps that are updated often... gotcha.
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by kessomatt
    I would just like to add that the Transcend 4 gig card from newegg works perfectly in the treo650 with fat32 update. Works right out of the box.

YUP... I just got my Transcend 4GB card from Newegg myself and it works perfectly. The Treo recognized it immediately with the new FAT32 driver installed. However, my card reader could not recognize it unfortunately, so I had to transfer all my data to the card via card export which while so did the job. I've attached some screen shots as well.

Also, I have had NO problems with the camera or camcorder apps with the new driver. I have Sprint firmware ver 1.13a with updated FAT32 driver fyi...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Gaurav; 02/16/2006 at 01:37 AM.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  18. aph
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quick question before I flash the ROM: Assuming I will be able to go back to the factory CNB ROM so as not to void my warranty, can I do it with the official updater or should I extract it with Shadowmite's tool before I start?
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    YUP... I just got my Transcend 4GB card from Newegg myself and it works perfectly. The Treo recognized it immediately with the new FAT32 driver installed. However, my card reader could not recognize it unfortunately, so I had to transfer all my data to the card via card export which while so did the job. I've attached some screen shots as well.

Also, I have had NO problems with the camera or camcorder apps with the new driver. I have Sprint firmware ver 1.13a with updated FAT32 driver fyi...
    Have you tested it while the data connection is active ( email send/recieve, chat program running, etc ). That seems to be when others are having problems with recording video.
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic

gFunk, I am glad to hear it is working for you. I had a bad experience with my first AData from newegg( an RMA replacement is coming back to me now ), so I was looking at Transend. Thanks for taking the leap and letting people know how it went. Now I can order a 4GB card with confidence.