Page 26 of 46 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526272829303136 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chenling
    Is it faster with the fat32 driver when loading pics in MEDIA APP?
    It is much faster. If you use Splashphoto and read the picturs off the card, it is almost instant, less than a second to pull up the picture from the card.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    even though fat32 is in Rom, format card fat16
    Did that -- slight improvement, but not much. However, I found out that the problem only occurs with Powerrun in combination with certain programs. These progs seem to WRITE an awful lot of data after exiting, and that takes for ever. Most progs are OK though, so decided to keep the fat32 version after all, especially since reading is much faster. Using Rescoviewer, the images are read so fast, it is almost as if the were in internal memory.

Thanks for your input.
    - Wouter
    I am having problems with Butler not able to access mp3 files stored on my SD card. I am using the LAP stripped ROM with FAT32 provided by James. Anyone else? Also a problem with Resco Backup accessing the "Default" project - "The project uses another card than the one that is currently inserted", which isn't true obviously.
    Last edited by sbkoh; 02/11/2006 at 07:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by aussietanker
    hi all ...

i am a bit confused now ... i think that i must be doing something wrong and need a bit of guidance .....

i have downloaded the custom ROM 120LAP stripped clf 32 ..... i thought that i could add one or two apps into the stripped version using shadowmites 650 tool ... i initially tried to add the following apps ... aeroplayer, mybible, ereader, filez, powerun, resco backup, zlauncher ...

ok then.. slightly more than one or two ....

i used shadowmites tool to add them (prc only) ... according to the instructions ... i followed them (i thought) to the T ... then i hit build it .... and get a ROM size number at 8470909 of 7130000 |- 1340909 available .... too big i said .....

i then tried to cut down the size by removing some of the apps ... but got the same result .... then i ran it without adding anything at all ... ie the stripped down app exactly as downloaded only ... and still get the same figures .....

obviously i am doing something wrong ...

and not understanding it as well as i thought i did ...

i do realize that the tool 's figures are valid for sprint only ... but why does it give the same result regardless .... or does it mean that i can't use the 650 tool for "adjusting" this downloadedd ROM ??? .... how can i add in one or two of these apps then ..... am i limited to the SD card method only?

can anyone pls tell me what i am doing wrong .....

please... .....

regards
    aussietanker
    When you are doing a GSM ROM the numbers are meaningless. The safest way is to complete the ROM then check the size of the resulting ace-palmos.zip file and compare it to the original unaltered file which you should also be able to find here on Treocentral with a search. The same size or smaller is the safest although you might be able to exceed it by a little. If you go a bit bigger and crash it Shadowmite's recovery tool can get you out of trouble.
    Has anyone conclusively determined that this will work with a 4G card?
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longstrider
    I REALLY have to throw in my thanks to, first and foremost, Shadowmite.
    And thank you Cranium and James too.
    This is incredible. My Treo is running at light speed!
    Now download PXA Clocker and see what your FAT32 Treo feels like at 400+ - 500+ MHz. I like mine.
    Shadowmite, it is unfortunate that you don't get better support from P1 as their only real R&D function for the Treo line (retrofitting solutions after release no less!). I can only hope that this deficiency in their product development will somehow turn into economic value for you and your team. As for PalmOne, your management's preoccupation with risk aversion and stupid incremental product upgrades will lose you this marketplace. We are all fed up with it. Smarten up !
    Quote Originally Posted by aldamon
    Now download PXA Clocker and see what your FAT32 Treo feels like at 400+ - 500+ MHz. I like mine.
    Does PXA Clocker and Handmark Express still have a problem playing well together?
    Has anyone noticed more system memory? Was down to 2megs anda fter upgrade at 4.2 megs. FAT32 for system memory?
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT
    There is a new version of Resco Backup, 1.35, which locks "Risky" apps during backup.

http://www.resco.net/palm/backup/default.asp

Released yesterday, 10th February.
    Thanks for the heads up. I love that program. I have a copy of BBVFS and I never use it anymore.
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59
    Does PXA Clocker and Handmark Express still have a problem playing well together?
    Sorry. I don't use Handmark.
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treo_madness
    Has anyone noticed more system memory? Was down to 2megs anda fter upgrade at 4.2 megs. FAT32 for system memory?
    This may be due to the hard reset if you haven't done one lately or ever before. The way I understand the RAM works is that in order to make sure nothing gets erased when you drain the power it doesn't store things to be the most efficient. When you reload everything in a hard reset recovery you reorder the files and everything getting moved a bit frees up some memory.

The first time I did a hard reset I recovered close to 2MB even though everything was installed back on.
    not to mention that your pics on the treo itself aren't reinstalled via a hotsync

how about a hack to make it always default to saving them to the card after a reset....

seems like the old copier joke with a timer inside for the next service call...except palm sets it for resets
    Quote Originally Posted by aussietanker
    hi all ...

i am a bit confused now ... i think that i must be doing something wrong and need a bit of guidance .....

i have downloaded the custom ROM 120LAP stripped clf 32 ..... i thought that i could add one or two apps into the stripped version using shadowmites 650 tool ... i initially tried to add the following apps ... aeroplayer, mybible, ereader, filez, powerun, resco backup, zlauncher ...

ok then.. slightly more than one or two ....

i used shadowmites tool to add them (prc only) ... according to the instructions ... i followed them (i thought) to the T ... then i hit build it .... and get a ROM size number at 8470909 of 7130000 |- 1340909 available .... too big i said .....

i then tried to cut down the size by removing some of the apps ... but got the same result .... then i ran it without adding anything at all ... ie the stripped down app exactly as downloaded only ... and still get the same figures .....

obviously i am doing something wrong ...

and not understanding it as well as i thought i did ...

i do realize that the tool 's figures are valid for sprint only ... but why does it give the same result regardless .... or does it mean that i can't use the 650 tool for "adjusting" this downloadedd ROM ??? .... how can i add in one or two of these apps then ..... am i limited to the SD card method only?

can anyone pls tell me what i am doing wrong .....

please... .....

regards
    aussietanker
    Are you removing the Custom ROM folder whn you are done? are you shutting the tool all the way down in between tries?
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    Ok so has anybody actually DONE this with the 650 and have it work?? If so can somebody give me a step by step - I've never done a ROM job before

Karl
    www.justsayok.net
    Weird i got 639 before I did the upgrade and 637 after
    In my tool, IGNORE the rom size values. They mean nothing as we now understand rom sizes a LOT better. A tool will be released in the near future which simplifies roms, restores, and linux loading...

Rayban will say more when he's ready...
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    After successfully installing a custom rom (from on of the roms pointed to on this thread) in which I deleted tutorials, realplayer and some languages, I find a file in RAM named "SharedContent_Tips". It's hidden, resourcedb and copy protected.
    Who knows for what it's used?
    Quote Originally Posted by tsy
    Thank you! After a series of resets everything seems well. Restored with Backupbuddy VFS with no problems.

VFS on an old Lexar went up from 460 to 900. Main increases were Read and Dbase access times. Write speed still the same though.

Applications on Zlauncher run about 25% faster. Eg Agendus 8seconds now about 6 seconds
    When I follow these instructions, after I insert the SD card, the category menu changes to "SD Card" and then shows an icon that says "treo updater". If I tap that icon, then I see text that says ( more or less, it is too much to type it all ):

ROM Build: 342
    Build:...
    SD Card VolRefNum: 0x0002

Please Make Sure your device is plugged into a charger!

ROM image directory found on card.
    installing from there

---------------

But it doesn't do anything else. I am using the Cingular 1.17 ROM with just the FATFS.prc file replaced with FAT32....prc file. What am I doing wrong?

----------------

I figured it out. I need to scroll to the bottom of the page and type:

Type rev cvt2[enter]
    Type ace[enter]

Then if Flashed the firmware and did a hard reset. I am testing FAT32 on a 1GB card. Hehe, I wish I had a 4GB card right now, but they cost a bit of cash. If I can find a good deal on one ( like $150 or less ) I will pick one up.

Thanks again to everyone who created images and posted useful information.
    Last edited by fortezza; 02/11/2006 at 06:32 PM. Reason: Figured it out
    ALL the cust1-4 have german stripped except for the files needed to trigger lang selection.
    Which are the files needed? I don't know which language files I should keep or delete....
    HP Pre 3 (UK)