Page 23 of 46 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    Have you been Here?
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...ght=custom+rom
    There's also a list of what you can take out of ROM
    http://www.shadowmite.com/filelist.pdf

Thanks for this list berdinkerdickle Ive been wondering/looking for something like this!
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Bailey
    Hi

I've gone through the whole thread. I actually am to dumb to modify the ROM and don't know which one to use posted here. Is there any ROM for my Treo available (Treo 650, ENA 1.20, not modified but with FAT32 driver, all langs incl. german) so I don't have to change anything anymore?!

Thx.
    Check here:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=564
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23
    you havent bricked any phones yet right?

hahaha

sure lets try it!

what are the options to come in or leave out of the ROM?
    Only once have I bricked my Treo and Shadows retore uyility had it back and working 10 minutes later.

I am out of town and have pretty slow internet right now. I would do this when I get back early next week if it is not done by then.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

rock on bro! thanks.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    My experience with FAT32 on a SD Ultra II 2 gigabyte card: slows to a crawl. It has made powerrun useless. On exiting some programs the lag caused by writing data back to the card takes foooor eeeever. More than 30 seconds. Gonna go back to the official release and fat16.
    - Wouter
    I've just noticed on Filez 6.7, I have Internal, Extended Card, and ADATA. The External Card sometimes changes to like "S" or "D" and a square or something funky. Anyone else? It never use to do this.
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode
    I've just noticed on Filez 6.7, I have Internal, Extended Card, and ADATA. The External Card sometimes changes to like "S" or "D" and a square or something funky. Anyone else? It never use to do this.
    Have the same thing. ALso in Resco Viewer.
    - Wouter
    Quote Originally Posted by nispen
    My experience with FAT32 on a SD Ultra II 2 gigabyte card: slows to a crawl. It has made powerrun useless. On exiting some programs the lag caused by writing data back to the card takes foooor eeeever. More than 30 seconds. Gonna go back to the official release and fat16.
    - Wouter
    I have the same card and as long as I format FAT16 it seems to do okay. I have the FAT32 in my ROM. It is very slow copying files to and from my PC via a reader though. My fastest VSF is around 650, which is much lower than most have published here with other cards. Formatted FAT32, it was around 575.
    - Wouter
    even though fat32 is in Rom, format card fat16
    Just call me Berd.
    Got a noob question here sorry...

Do you have to have a SD card to install rom update or can you flash the Rom without it...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    hi. Well the first 4 end in a reset loop (I need a german treo) and the other one is totally modified. I just want a normal 1.20 ENA but WITH a FAT32 driver. I really don't get the tool from shadowmite. So I can't do it on my own. Sry, but thx.

I had to do 5 ROM Updates and still nothing.
  12. gw1
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    I wanted the same thing and used #4 as I didn't really need the tutorial. Worked great for me - TomTom starts much faster now, even with a FAT32 card. I've got a generic APACER 1GB card.

hi. Well the first 4 end in a reset loop (I need a german treo) and the other one is totally modified. I just want a normal 1.20 ENA but WITH a FAT32 driver. I really don't get the tool from shadowmite. So I can't do it on my own. Sry, but thx.

I had to do 5 ROM Updates and still nothing.
    gfunkmagic,
    How does one check the VFSmarks results before and after a flash of an unlocked,unbranded GSM Treo650 with a FAT32 custom ROM?
    Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by ming; 02/10/2006 at 01:44 PM. Reason: wrongly spelled words
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    - Wouter
    Before you do that try reformatting the card in the Treo. I did this and it fixed speed issues I was having. My photo album loads very fast now. MP3's load quicker as well.
  15. tsy
    Quote Originally Posted by gw1
    I wanted the same thing and used #4 as I didn't really need the tutorial. Worked great for me - TomTom starts much faster now, even with a FAT32 card. I've got a generic APACER 1GB card.
    Sorry to trouble you guys but can the Custom ROM be donw with the Hot sync method or must we put the Custom ROM zip file into the SD and run it from there? I've read 11 pages of the Custom ROM thread and still feel a bit apprehencious about flashing the ROM. BTW I have downloaded James Custom ROM 2 without the Tutorial and Real Player.

Thanx in advance for everyones help.
    For those that writing to the card is pathetically slow...insert it in a card reader and run scandisk...

I had to do 5 ROM Updates and still nothing. http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...lies/frown.gif
    I'll make you a 1.20 ENA complete w/ FAT32 fix & SMS fix. Look for a link here shortly. http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...lies/smile.gif
    Quote Originally Posted by gw1
    OK. I made a mistake, I forgot I can't download it so I guess I updated one ROM twice.

So where can I download the 4th one, the link above doesn't work?!

@CraniumFunk: That would be cool. Thx.
    Maybe some photos or screenshots as a proof?
    There ya go.. Happy now? http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...ilies/wink.gif
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by defiant254
    LOOKS LIKE PHOTOSHOP - HEHE
    JUST KIDDIN
    Just call me Berd.