Page 22 of 46 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122232425262732 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    So what file(s) exactly should we remove from ROM using Shadowmite's T650 tool? Once those files are removed, do we simply add the fat32.prc file to rom using the T650 tool? Finally, where can I download the fat32.prc file that everyone is using now?
    remove FATFS.prc and then add FAT32.prc
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

So what file(s) exactly should we remove from Sprint's 1.13a ROM using Shadowmite's T650 tool? Once those files are removed, do we simply add the fat32.prc file to rom using the T650 tool? Finally, where can I download the fat32.prc file that everyone is using now?

First post of this thread.
    Duh!

Thanks guys.
    So what file(s) exactly should we remove from Sprint's 1.13a ROM using Shadowmite's T650 tool? Once those files are removed, do we simply add the fat32.prc file to rom using the T650 tool? Finally, where can I download the fat32.prc file that everyone is using now?
    Have you been Here?
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...ght=custom+rom
    There's also a list of what you can take out of ROM
    http://www.shadowmite.com/filelist.pdf
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7
    How long is the newegg return period? Man I want to order the A-Data 4-gigger now.

How much is it? If we had AD2P on the Treo I would chunk (give to a family member) my 4th generation IPOD! Just checked and it is $199.00 (not a bad deal)
    Last edited by Gas Man; 02/10/2006 at 01:22 AM.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    You have to have a ROM image to remove/add what you want then flash it back to the phone. If you can locate a 1.13APR I can help you from there.
    Thanks for the promt response James. It seems that 1.13 APR ROM is not avialable, at least on the support page of Palm. I guess this 1.13 APR is for Asia Pacific Region and I read somewhere that Palm might come out with an update on this particular one.
    Need WIFI, 3.5G, slim and light form factor for Treo to win me back from Samsung i600 !!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mateen
    Hi James,
    I have GSM Gingular unlocked and right now I'm on 1.13/1.31ROW.
    How would I find your custom Rom 1.20? (I believe I need the ENA? since I'm in the US?)
    No Versa, Real, Tutorial, English only + FAT32.
    My next question will be, do I need to flash to the full 1.20 Rom and then to your custom Rom? If so, if you could also direct me to the full Rom.
    Also do these new Roms only work through Hotsync or could it be done through SD card?
    Thanks so much for your help.
    I would do palm's updater first. Get it from their site. Complete the whole process. This will make sure the tokens for cap are updated. This is hotsync method.

then you can use my custom1 rom, it is SD method.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=564
    Please Remember to use Your Honsync ID
    (not TEMP) when doing the Official Update.
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=105089
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    Have you been Here?
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...ght=custom+rom
    There's also a list of what you can take out of ROM
    http://www.shadowmite.com/filelist.pdf
    Yeah, I've seen that pdf list (used it as a guide when I customized my 1.13a ROM). I was just asking if there were any other specific files that had to be removed when putting fat32.prc into ROM.

Also, before I first installed my custom 1.13a ROM, I installed the fresh, uncustomized one to make sure that the firmware / ROM version showed correctly in the phone app.. I then installed my custom 1.13a and my phone app. is showing the correct firmware / ROM version.

If I make another custom 1.13a with the fat32.prc in it, will I have to install the uncustomized 1.13a again so that the customized 1.13a with the fat32.prc will show the correct firmware / ROM version?
    Yeah, I've seen that pdf list (used it as a guide when I customized my 1.13a ROM). I was just asking if there were any other specific files that had to be removed when putting fat32.prc into ROM.

Also, before I first installed my custom 1.13a ROM, I installed the fresh, uncustomized one to make sure that the firmware / ROM version showed correctly in the phone app.. I then installed my custom 1.13a and my phone app. is showing the correct firmware / ROM version.

If I make another custom 1.13a with the fat32.prc in it, will I have to install the uncustomized 1.13a again so that the customized 1.13a with the fat32.prc will show the correct firmware / ROM version?
    Shouldn't have to.
    It seems to only be when one changes (updates) version number.
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    Thanks
    Hi

I've gone through the whole thread. I actually am to dumb to modify the ROM and don't know which one to use posted here. Is there any ROM for my Treo available (Treo 650, ENA 1.20, not modified but with FAT32 driver, all langs incl. german) so I don't have to change anything anymore?!

Thx.
    Quote Originally Posted by santa
    Defiant - this isn't personal, but I'm a little gun-shy after a few recent threads.

I'm not sure I'm buying this from a first time poster... First time to post and already has done a custom ROM and a has a 4gb SD card?

On the other hand, I sure hope this is true!
    I can understand that.. I've actually been doing this for quite a while, I'm just not a posting type of person.. I just noticed that a lot of folks were having a problem laying hands on a 4 GB card and I just happened to have one..

I'm sure that other folks are going to have different issues (obviously).. It works for me.. I'm a happy camper now.. http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...lies/smile.gif

C
    Maybe some photos or screenshots as a proof?
    I thought my Treo was FUBAR. It was stuck in a reset loop...ARRRGGGHHHH. But I learned something new. I tried the warm rest, the hard reset and even the zero out...no joy. I was looking at sending it back when tech support recommended 2 different ways to rest. Hold the power button (red phone) and put it in the battery, when you get to the second logo screen let go...that one did't work. The other one that did, at least good enough for me to reload the original ROM was....

hold the up arrow on the 5 way, put in the battery, release at second logo screen and wahlah, I got to the phone screen. Was able to put in SD card and do a restore to the full version. WHEEEEEEEEEE

So if you put something in your custom ROM that the Treo doesn't like, for me it was countdown timer, this is the only way back.
    Last edited by cwtibbs; 02/10/2006 at 07:18 AM.
    This thread is getting too confusing with people discussing the success of FAT32 and the 4gb and people trying to upgrade their ROM. Anyone who wants to do a custom ROM, REALLY needs to go to this thread and read it carefully:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=97527

It tells you everything you need to know and on page 11 I posted a link for custom roms including Verizon. The only thing this thread doesn't tell you is to remove the FAT file and replace it with FAT32. Alright, I guess I can post the link for the custom roms thread again, for the third time:

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...886#post839886

But again, if you are going to mess around with your rom, there is a learning curve. It's not that hard, but you have to know what you're doing.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7
    How long is the newegg return period? Man I want to order the A-Data 4-gigger now.
    They have an FAQ for returns here. You can also send them an email at rma@newegg.com

It would be nice if they have a trade-in program for us treocentral members.
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cadams
    Formatting the card in the Treo sets it to FAT32 after the ROM update. Transfer speeds were much faster this way than formatting on a PC. I also got cyclic redundancy errors transfering over MP3's when formatting on a PC, no errors when I formatted in the Treo.
    Has this been confirmed? Does the computer format FAT32 differently than Card Info?
    I format my card as '1giger' in fat16 in my PC, put it in my Treo. Filez shows the card name as 'aQ' or something like that. I used the card info to rename it back to 1giger, seem to work fine now. Only one of my card did it.
    I haven't done any Verizon. I don't have anyway to test it. If no one has done one and you don't mind being a test subject I may do one.

you havent bricked any phones yet right?

hahaha

sure lets try it!

what are the options to come in or leave out of the ROM?
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    yea lets give it a try