Page 21 of 46 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Hi James,
    I have GSM Gingular unlocked and right now I'm on 1.13/1.31ROW.
    How would I find your custom Rom 1.20? (I believe I need the ENA? since I'm in the US?)
    No Versa, Real, Tutorial, English only + FAT32.
    My next question will be, do I need to flash to the full 1.20 Rom and then to your custom Rom? If so, if you could also direct me to the full Rom.
    Also do these new Roms only work through Hotsync or could it be done through SD card?
    Thanks so much for your help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Hi Albertb !!

Frankly, I was waiting for for the 4GB option but it will be a SanDisk 4GB SD card. My Treo is my iPod and data carrier and I have a 2GB card that is 95% full -- and I am NOT one of the power users you mention -- that pack a SD card full of apps via zlauncher.

I have used SanDisk cards since 16mb was "huge" with my Palm devices. They have always worked and lasted for me -- so I am waiting for the brand name I trust.

Besides -- if the 650 couldn't handle a 4GB -- why buy one?

Now that mine does -- I am waiting for SanDisk -- unless one of the members of this forum that I trust (15 come immediately to mind) tell me to try xyz . . . .

Cheers, Perry
    Fine Perry,
    how about a sandisk 4gb should we have in padded in pink packaging for you?

look here
    Quote Originally Posted by madcap
    Fine Perry,
    how about a sandisk 4gb should we have in padded in pink packaging for you?

look here

Interesting, the SanDisk web site is silent on this capacity. . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Interesting, the SanDisk web site is silent on this capacity. . . .
    is your face looking like your avatar now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mateen
    Hi James,
    I have GSM Gingular unlocked and right now I'm on 1.13/1.31ROW.
    How would I find your custom Rom 1.20? (I believe I need the ENA? since I'm in the US?)
    No Versa, Real, Tutorial, English only + FAT32.
    My next question will be, do I need to flash to the full 1.20 Rom and then to your custom Rom? If so, if you could also direct me to the full Rom.
    Also do these new Roms only work through Hotsync or could it be done through SD card?
    Thanks so much for your help.
    I would do palm's updater first. Get it from their site. Complete the whole process. This will make sure the tokens for cap are updated. This is hotsync method.

then you can use my custom1 rom, it is SD method.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=564
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by madcap
    is your face looking like your avatar now?
    Hi Madcap!

Actually, yes and no. Although my "Danger, Danger Will Robinson, Danger" robot is jumping up and down wildly.

I think I will just wait for Best Buy, Dell or PCMall to list them. . . . .

(Yes, I do have a skeptical side.)

Thanks for the link, it did brighten up this PPR. The bold blue is set off so nicely by the pink padding.

Cheers, Perry.

http://www.sandisk.com/Products/Cata..._SD_Cards.aspx

Not seeing that e-Bay pictured 4GB card here. . . . . . hmmmmmmm.
    Last edited by gtwo; 02/10/2006 at 09:24 AM.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    I would do palm's updater first. Get it from their site. Complete the whole process. This will make sure the tokens for cap are updated. This is hotsync method.

then you can use my custom1 rom, it is SD method.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=564
    Thanks James. Your Custom #1 says no clock. Is this the World Clock? If so, is there a way to add this to Custome#1 ?
    Hate to be a pest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mateen
    Thanks James. Your Custom #1 says no clock. Is this the World Clock? If so, is there a way to add this to Custome#1 ?
    Hate to be a pest.
    How about I just send you the two files and you can put them in RAM?
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Help out on this one guys.. I would love to put Fat32 in my CURRENT existing ROM which firmware read 01.28. The software is 1.13APR. How am I going to do this ?
    Need WIFI, 3.5G, slim and light form factor for Treo to win me back from Samsung i600 !!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by sindu
    Help out on this one guys.. I would love to put Fat32 in my CURRENT existing ROM which firmware read 01.28. The software is 1.13APR. How am I going to do this ?
    Did this come on the phone? Or is this an update? If this is an update do you have the updater file?

James,

have you posted any for VZW? Im looking for no versamail, not sure if i need pixar since I dont use email, english only and no tutorials, no realplayer either, not sure what other options there are (can someone list them?). I do want worldclock, my 4.5yr old son loves it. Obviously I want fat32 as well.

Ive done the hotsync updater for VZW already.

Any help would be appreciated!
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23
    James,

have you posted any for VZW? Im looking for no versamail, not sure if i need pixar since I dont use email, english only and no tutorials, no realplayer either, not sure what other options there are (can someone list them?). I do want worldclock, my 4.5yr old son loves it. Obviously I want fat32 as well.

I haven't done any Verizon. I don't have anyway to test it. If no one has done one and you don't mind being a test subject I may do one.

I have a FAT32 ROM and a FAT16 SD card and now it seems like SplashBlog doens't want to display lager pictures than the thumnails. Anybody having this problem?

Al
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cadams
    http://home.comcast.net/~cadams7701/...1_04_FAT32.zip

Only change is updating to FAT32. I had tried removing apps from the ROM but Hotsync got messed up, I reflshed with this one and everything looks to be good.

Unzip and copy the ROM and PALM folders to an empty SD Card and follow the included directions.
    it wont unzip.
    any smarter than me (not hard) folks, we are really looking for 1.04 vzw w/ fat32 (realplayer & quicktour optional)
    Last edited by pump142; 02/09/2006 at 11:00 PM.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    Did this come on the phone? Or is this an update? If this is an update do you have the updater file?
    This come on the phone.. I just want to add FAT32 in there as well as remove and add some programs. Thanks in advance James.
    Need WIFI, 3.5G, slim and light form factor for Treo to win me back from Samsung i600 !!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by sindu
    This come on the phone.. I just want to add FAT32 in there as well as remove and add some programs. Thanks in advance James.
    You have to have a ROM image to remove/add what you want then flash it back to the phone. If you can locate a 1.13APR I can help you from there.

I did some more testing on my two cards

1GB "regular" Sandisk:

fat32 empty VFSMark: 752
    fat32 3/4 full VFSMark: 818
    fat16 empty VFSMark: 889
    fat16 3/4 full VFSMark: 832

2GB 150X A-Data:
    fat32 empty VFSMark: 755
    fat32 full VFSMark: 719
    fat16 empty VFSMark: 1193
    fat16 full VFSMark: 1187

I will keep my two cards in fat16 for now. Real world test doesn't seem to yield any difference. I tried to brower through 10 5mp pictures in the Media app. Same card formated in fat16 and fat32 seem to gives the same time, 59-60 seconds. Probably the CPU is the bottleneck.
    How long is the newegg return period? Man I want to order the A-Data 4-gigger now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23
    James,

Shadows a CDMA user.
    I think Sprint, but someone over there might have ideas for VZW.
    Just call me Berd.
    So what file(s) exactly should we remove from Sprint's 1.13a ROM using Shadowmite's T650 tool? Once those files are removed, do we simply add the fat32.prc file to rom using the T650 tool? Finally, where can I download the fat32.prc file that everyone is using now?