Page 20 of 46 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    FYI,
    I tried this, added the new driver to my ROM image. It is working, but with a San Disk 2gb SD card, access is faster if the card is formatted with FAT than if it is formatted with FAT32. Next, I need to see if I can reduce the number of resets I am getting... too much stuff in ROM I believe.
    Mike
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode
    Since I'm getting score 1299 VFS reading for my 2gb FAT card, would it be adviceable to format it to FAT32? Would I windows 98 PC recognize it?
    No. If you're at 2GB or less, stick with FAT16. Use FAT32 if you have a card greater than 2GB.
    It is working, but with a San Disk 2gb SD card, access is faster if the card is formatted with FAT than if it is formatted with FAT32.
    Fat 32 is slower than Fat16 in any kind of media with any kind of driver/OS, just because FAT16 format is older and simpler.
    Quote Originally Posted by z3bum
    FYI,
    I tried this, added the new driver to my ROM image. It is working, but with a San Disk 2gb SD card, access is faster if the card is formatted with FAT than if it is formatted with FAT32. Next, I need to see if I can reduce the number of resets I am getting... too much stuff in ROM I believe.
    Mike
    have your resets increased since you did this?

mine have but i think it is from the workouts i have put the card through...
    trying to get my 1.20 gsm stable and it isn't going well at all
    about to see about a custom 1.13 rom with the new versamail, new blazer, and fat32 and see if that bodes well.....
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by z3bum
    FYI,
    Mike
    Formatting the card in the Treo sets it to FAT32 after the ROM update. Transfer speeds were much faster this way than formatting on a PC. I also got cyclic redundancy errors transfering over MP3's when formatting on a PC, no errors when I formatted in the Treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoStallion
    Maybe this isnt the thread to post this, but I think its total bull**** that Palm is holding stuff like this back.

I'm sure this will be a MAJOR point that Palm makes for a reason to upgrade to the 700P, but in reality there is no hardware differences and no reason why this shouldnt have worked a year ago.

Anyone want to make a bet that something like this could come out for Bluetooth 1.2 in the future? If so why even get a 700? I'm not spending $600 for 32megs of ram and a EVDO radio. <Rant Over>

How about spending $250?

minus $150 for the new line discount for my daughter (porting over from Cingular)
    minus $200 I am not spending for my daughter's birthday (She wants the 650.)

Cheers, Perry
    Quote Originally Posted by conum
    Thanks a lot, but I need versamail too
    http://rapidshare.de/files/12918694/efigs2.zip.html
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Ok..Thank you. I will just keep my card FAT.
    The only difference is ENA/LAP. Here is a link to LAP stripped but with the clock.
    http://rapidshare.de/files/12917309..._clf32.zip.html
    James, you ARE da man! ..... Thanks to you and all the others working with you and behind the scenes to help in this ..... this is fantastic .... i don't know what time it is where ever in the world you are .... ( that's why i need my world clock app ) .... but it must be very late at night cause it's almost midday here in australia ....and you guys are still hard at it ... this is sooo unreal ... and this thread is just moving so fast ... i have barely done any work at all for the last three days following all these threads ....

regards
    aussietanker
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    Thanks very much for adding a Read_Me.txt text file that explains what the ROM is. I've now got a small list of ROM's I've downloaded and am forgetting what each one contains. I hope you will nicely add the Read_Me.txt to each of you ROM's.

Thankyou so much for your great contribution.
    Maybe this isnt the thread to post this, but I think its total bull**** that Palm is holding stuff like this back.
    I don't know why you are complaining. Many people on this board are power users and we couldn't find a single person in two days with a 4gb card. How many people do you think are really just waiting for that option?
    one more question ...

when adding a prc file to a custom rom is it best to download a "fresh" prc file from the developer ... and then register it AFTER installing it into the custom rom ......or do you use one from your backup folder that has already been on your t650 and has been already registered etc (assuming that it is the latest stable version) ...

are the "registration" details for the apps held in the prc in rom (and hence we need to use a prc file that is already registered) ... or in an associated file in ram (and hence i can install the prc to the custom rom and then register it afterwards ....

sorry .. thats two questions ... or is it ...

i'm working with a "virgin" t650 ...well not really ... but am doing a total reinstall of all apps after doing a zero out reset ....
    Quote Originally Posted by albertb
    I don't know why you are complaining. Many people on this board are power users and we couldn't find a single person in two days with a 4gb card. How many people do you think are really just waiting for that option?
    We have 4 Treo users where I work, and all of them are ordering 4GB cards when they get the cash to do so. Ditto for me. I am going to test this on my 1GB card just to see how it works, and then order the 4GB card next week.

So I would say a large percentage of people do not have 4GB cards now because they didn't see a use for it since it was not supported. Now that they can format it w/FAT32, I expect to see more people buy both the cards and Treo 650's.

yeah I agree this won't be used by many (atleast until 4 gb cards are cheaper) but my point is just that the hardware supports all this stuff they won't let us do but Palm will push it on us for the 700.

Anyway this is great! Oh and Perry, as far as I'm concerned you should get the 700 for free ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by albertb
    Hi Albertb !!

Frankly, I was waiting for for the 4GB option but it will be a SanDisk 4GB SD card. My Treo is my iPod and data carrier and I have a 2GB card that is 95% full -- and I am NOT one of the power users you mention -- that pack a SD card full of apps via zlauncher.

I have used SanDisk cards since 16mb was "huge" with my Palm devices. They have always worked and lasted for me -- so I am waiting for the brand name I trust.

Besides -- if the 650 couldn't handle a 4GB -- why buy one?

Now that mine does -- I am waiting for SanDisk -- unless one of the members of this forum that I trust (15 come immediately to mind) tell me to try xyz . . . .

Cheers, Perry
    yeah I agree this won't be used by many (atleast until 4 gb cards are cheaper) but my point is just that the hardware supports all this stuff they won't let us do but Palm will push it on us for the 700.

Anyway this is great! Oh and Perry, as far as I'm concerned you should get the 700 for free ;-)
    LOL

Thanks, TreoStallion! But I think Shadowmite should top that list.

(Keeping the morale up has been a lonely, hard mission, much like herding cats or pushing water up hill. Thank goodness for Merlyn, that lost weekend and the statements that have been made since.)

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 02/09/2006 at 08:21 PM.
    Not saying anything new here but I am so excited by how fast card access is now that I just had to post anyway. Afraid to blink now.
    Quote Originally Posted by aussietanker
    one more question ...

when adding a prc file to a custom rom is it best to download a "fresh" prc file from the developer ... and then register it AFTER installing it into the custom rom ......or do you use one from your backup folder that has already been on your t650 and has been already registered etc (assuming that it is the latest stable version) ...

are the "registration" details for the apps held in the prc in rom (and hence we need to use a prc file that is already registered) ... or in an associated file in ram (and hence i can install the prc to the custom rom and then register it afterwards ....

sorry .. thats two questions ... or is it ...

i'm working with a "virgin" t650 ...well not really ... but am doing a total reinstall of all apps after doing a zero out reset ....
    First your using Shadow's tool to add the prc right?

Second, yes just the prc. Make sure you know works from ROM, search

Reg data is usually stored in two files in RAM.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    ..clip..Make sure you know works from ROM, search
    ...clip...
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showp...1&postcount=75
    Just call me Berd.
    James,
    If you have time,
    could you look at this, and point out any obvious errors?
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=106675
    Thanks
    Just call me Berd.