Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    I think the problem without a Custom ROM would be if a hard reset was needed the card would no longer be readable by the Treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by brutel1
    I think the problem without a Custom ROM would be if a hard reset was needed the card would no longer be readable by the Treo.
    Ahh... good point....

Oh well, I have been avoiding messing with custom roms for a loooooog time. I guess this will definitely and finally make me take the plunge...

Anybody point me toward a good starting point. I feel like such a noob with all this...

Btw Shadowmite, did you ever get that forced digital roaming app to work on the 650? That would be simply incredible!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Ahh... good point....

Oh well, I have been avoiding messing with custom roms for a loooooog time. I guess this will definitely and finally make me take the plunge...

Anybody point me toward a good starting point. I feel like such a noob with all this...

Btw Shadowmite, did you ever get that forced digital roaming app to work on the 650? That would be simply incredible!
    Are you on Sprint or GSM, thought it was sprint
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Is this something Palm could implement in the next firmware upgrade? A FAT32 Treo 650 would still read the FAT16 SD card the same as before, right?
    you have to create a custom rom, simply (sorta) copying the file to ram and reseting the device will through your treo into a reset loop, the only way to recover is hard reset. trust me I tried
    Treoing & Loving it
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    Are you on Sprint or GSM, thought it was sprint

Yo're referring to the force digital roaming right? Yeah I have Sprint...

thanks!

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by cadams
    Is this something Palm could implement in the next firmware upgrade? A FAT32 Treo 650 would still read the FAT16 SD card the same as before, right?
    yes it is backward compatible...

Btw, you can get 4GB SD card for <$200 USD online. I'm sooooo tempted...

Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    This is cool. I was working on my custom rom tonight, paring it down a bit to free up more DBCache space and see if that makes Blazer more stable. Throw in the faster access to my Sandisk 2GB card and I'll be a happy camper! Thanks again guys, should have the new rom ready sometime in the next few days and will experiment with the Fat32 driver.
    this is awesome!!! I think I am gonna try a get me a 700P when they come out and try to make a custom GSM 700P.

Here is what I would do:

1) Swap out CDMA radio and replace with GSM
    2) Use old SIM card and break off external piece and just leave SIM card inside
    3) Make custom ROM with CDMA stuff removed and replaced with GSM stuff

What do you guys think?
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Ahh... good point....

If the base ROM from the 1.13a update is still available in TreoCentral, that would be the easiest place to start as it would not require you to go through the steps to get the raw ROM put together.

From there the process is pretty simple if you follow the instructions here or at Shadow's site.

I've used the 1.13a ROM From TreoCentral and it worked perfectly.
    Works great on my Sandisk 1gig! Thanks Shadowmite!
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Wow.

I was just about to go buy a 2Gb card. Might have to save my pennies for a 4Gb!!!
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
    Sorry for getting off-topic but...What about the 700p's version of Blazer? Any chance of getting that to work on the 650? Does it have any advantages over the 650's version?
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Yo're referring to the force digital roaming right? Yeah I have Sprint...

thanks!
    No if you were a GSM user I have a couple of ROMs alresdy put together you could download and use. I haven't done any CDMA ROMs.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    No if you were a GSM user I have a couple of ROMs alresdy put together you could download and use. I haven't done any CDMA ROMs.
    Here's the link for the raw 1.13a ROM

http://www.swgenterprises.com/treo/s...3a_update.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    Sorry for getting off-topic but...What about the 700p's version of Blazer? Any chance of getting that to work on the 650? Does it have any advantages over the 650's version?
    Very good question. I've been waiting for an answer on that one as well.
    before: 434
    after: 840

used 1gb fat16 format
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    Very good question. I've been waiting for an answer on that one as well.
    No luck so far, a library is missing and they don't know which one...
    I'm going to run a couple more tests.
    But, I am getting a quite lag w/ Isilo accessing a large doc (about 128mb)
    w/ the new fat32. Perhaps someone else who uses Isilo could run a couple tests for confirmation.
    Just call me Berd.
Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast