Page 19 of 46 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by defiant254
    I just tried formatting a MyData 4GB card and it shows with 3.7 GB total space with FAT32. My Treo 650 with the FAT32 drivers reads it fine and also shows 3.7 GB total space.

Hope that helps.

C
    WOOOOO!!!!!

Congrats!!!!

This is great news!!!!
    ---
    Handspring Visor Pro + Samsung 8500 (Sprint PCS) -> Handspring Treo 600 (Sprint PCS) -> Palm Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Sony-Ericsson P990 if S-E releases a North-America version
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode
    Is this right? VFS rating on my Adata 2gb 150x card FAT. Before 702. After 1275. Third test 1197. WHOA!!!
    A-DATA rocks!! Their 4GB card is only $199 now.
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoStallion
    Maybe this isnt the thread to post this, but I think its total bull**** that Palm is holding stuff like this back.

If so why even get a 700? I'm not spending $600 for 32megs of ram and a EVDO radio. <Rant Over>
    I concur. Palm/Sprint already suckered me once into getting something I didn't really need (650), they won't get me again with the next palm os-based Treo if it doesn't have more than what we're currently seeing.
    ---
    Handspring Visor Pro + Samsung 8500 (Sprint PCS) -> Handspring Treo 600 (Sprint PCS) -> Palm Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Sony-Ericsson P990 if S-E releases a North-America version
    Quote Originally Posted by resturg
    That answers the question about 4GB Card the Treo sees all 4GB of data. My 2GB card shows 1.8 somthing. Now can you load it up pass 2GB and stil read/write with out errors.
    I just loaded up about 3 GB of MP3's on it and it is working like a champ.. This thing is smokin' fast right now.. That could partially be because the card is supposedly a 150x card, but still.. This is very nice..
    ....now if we'll be able to install a 700p's camera, I'll be set But yes, looks like I'll be ordering my A-Data 4G tonight
    Damn it. Wish my 2gb was full so I can buy a 4gb.
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, so can you please post a link to that brand of card. I'm not sure ANY 4GB card will work and want to confirm. I'm about to buy the Transcend Ultra 4GB cad off newegg but don't want to do that if the brand won't work...
    The card I have is an A-Data 150x 4 GB Card.. The NewEgg link is http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820211319 . Just about the best deal and it is a nice card..

C
    Damn it. Wish my 2gb was full so I can buy a 4gb.
    Screw waiting til it's full

My recently purchased 2G A-Data 150x has about 300M free, but I've been waiting for something like this. No more carrying my Shuffle, and no hurry to get my free Nano anymore either
    I think Newegg should give us a treocentral discount since their sale is probably gonna increase because of this.
    I think Newegg should give us a treocentral discount since their sale is probably gonna increase because of this.
    That, AND take my 20 day old 2G back for credit on the 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by aussietanker
    sorry to be a pest .....but can someone pls confirm that this rom.....

LAP Stripped ROM +++Fat32+++
    No Versa, Real, Tutorials. English only. Same fixes as ENA SMS, carrier etc.
    http://rapidshare.de/files/12882948...ed_F32.zip.html

.... contains the clock ..... but has most of the language files taken out , just leaving the extra, necessary minimum language files in it ..... or will it give the "carrier version 249" error ........

it's the one right down the bottom of the page of posts .....

has anyone that has used this pls tell us how it differs from custom # 1....

thank you all
    No it does not have the clock app. I put one together that does. I will get you a link when uploaded.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

I just tried formatting a MyData 4GB card and it shows with 3.7 GB total space with FAT32. My Treo 650 with the FAT32 drivers reads it fine and also shows 3.7 GB total space.

Hope that helps.

C
    I guess it is time for a 4GB SD card!!!
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts

Hope that helps.

C
    Defiant - this isn't personal, but I'm a little gun-shy after a few recent threads.

I'm not sure I'm buying this from a first time poster... First time to post and already has done a custom ROM and a has a 4gb SD card?

On the other hand, I sure hope this is true!
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB
    I can post my 1.20 LAP custom with the shadow fat32 if you guys need it. Been using it since yesterday and it has been working well. Custom have all non english files, tips, sam, bg files, versa mail and real files removed. The only addition is Shadow's Fat32.

My vfs total score with a sandisk 1g used to be 489 to 512 (with 100 mb free). Now with the Shadow's fat32, I'm getting 790 to 900! Overall Treo performance is a bit faster. Launching apps from card and accessing data from it improved a lot. Its like having a new Treo. : )
    What's an LAP version, if I may ask?
    Quote Originally Posted by conum
    Is a bit different to know something about FAT16 and to ask such questions.
    Instead of trolling the community you should have a look at 3w.support/m$.com:

And now go to bed!

Thanks very much for your stupid and useless reply.

If you are not understood what I'm saing you can just ask again, or if you are not interested at all, just skip my messages.

Thaanks again.
    LAP version = L??? Asia Pacific version ?????????

I have to use that version because I'm in Australia (South of China).
    Quote Originally Posted by aussietanker
    sorry to be a pest .....but can someone pls confirm that this rom.....

LAP Stripped ROM +++Fat32+++
    No Versa, Real, Tutorials. English only. Same fixes as ENA SMS, carrier etc.
    http://rapidshare.de/files/12882948...ed_F32.zip.html

.... contains the clock ..... but has most of the language files taken out , just leaving the extra, necessary minimum language files in it ..... or will it give the "carrier version 249" error ........

it's the one right down the bottom of the page of posts .....

has anyone that has used this pls tell us how it differs from custom # 1....

thank you all
    The only difference is ENA/LAP. Here is a link to LAP stripped but with the clock.
    http://rapidshare.de/files/12917309/...clf32.zip.html

Since I'm getting score 1299 VFS reading for my 2gb FAT card, would it be adviceable to format it to FAT32? Would I windows 98 PC recognize it?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    The only difference is ENA/LAP. Here is a link to LAP stripped but with the clock.
    http://rapidshare.de/files/12917309/...clf32.zip.html
    What is the clock app, and why add or remove it, please?

Thanks
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Since I'm getting score 1299 VFS reading for my 2gb FAT card, would it be adviceable to format it to FAT32?
    Fat32 is definitely slower than Fat16, and is less roboust in case of errors, but can manage larger partitions and can waste less space than FAT 16 if used in "large" partitions (1/2/4 GBytes).

Would I windows 98 PC recognize it?
    Fat 32 was introduced in win95 osr2, all newer OS can read Fat32 (Winnt4 only with 3rd party fs driver)