Page 18 of 46 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by conum
    I need a custom rom with fat32 as described (without real and tutorials) for use with german language. Would it be possible ....?
    :-)
    It is posted now.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    Well any which way your Treo is not going to be able to use FAT16 beyond 2GB.
    Cranium mentioned earlier, that Treo Can't Recognize partitions.
    I have to stay at Fat16 Because of the Isilo .pdb I use.
    I read over at another post that there's a app that fools the Treo into thinking that part of Ram is a Card so mp3 ringtones can be put there.
    How hard would it be, what kind of app would let the treo recognize partitions?
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    Cranium mentioned earlier, that Treo Can't Recognize partitions.
    I have to stay at Fat16 Because of the Isilo .pdb I use.
    I read over at another post that there's a app that fools the Treo into thinking that part of Ram is a Card so mp3 ringtones can be put there.
    How hard would it be, what kind of app would let the treo recognize partitions?
    I should clarify;
    I have Fat32 in Rom, I have to leave card at 16
    So a 4GB partitioned into (2)-2GB at Fat16 would be what I need.
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    It is posted now.
    Thanks a lot, but I need versamail too
    Originally Posted by conum
    I need a custom rom with fat32 as described (without real and tutorials) for use with german language. Would it be possible ....?
    :-)
    Is this right? VFS rating on my Adata 2gb 150x card FAT. Before 702. After 1275. Third test 1197. WHOA!!!
    Well any which way your Treo is not going to be able to use FAT16 beyond 2GB.

Anyone has tried 4GB/Fat 16 ?
    Also using PXAclocker set to 468. These results are amazing!!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Solutor
    Anyone has tried 4GB/Fat 16 ?
    This will not work! We need someone to format a 4GB card with Fat32 and put it in! Anyone????
    This will not work!
    I've just called if anyone has tried, not opinions. Is a bit different.
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoStallion
    This will not work! We need someone to format a 4GB card with Fat32 and put it in! Anyone????
    I just tried formatting a MyData 4GB card and it shows with 3.7 GB total space with FAT32. My Treo 650 with the FAT32 drivers reads it fine and also shows 3.7 GB total space.

Hope that helps.

C
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    I should clarify;
    I have Fat32 in Rom, I have to leave card at 16
    So a 4GB partitioned into (2)-2GB at Fat16 would be what I need.
    Can you tell us the Treo can access all 4GB if it's format in fat32, so all of us can wipe out our credit card and order the 4GB cards now.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Solutor
    I've just called if anyone has tried, not opinions. Is a bit different.
    Is a bit different to know something about FAT16 and to ask such questions.
    Instead of trolling the community you should have a look at 3w.support/m$.com:
    The 2-GB partition limit is imposed by the maximum number of clusters and the largest cluster size supported by the FAT file system. The FAT file system is limited to 65,525 clusters. The size of a cluster must be a power of 2 and less than 65,536 bytes--this results in a maximum cluster size of 32,768 bytes (32K). Multiplying the maximum number of clusters (65,525) by the maximum cluster size (32,768) equals 2 GB.
    And now go to bed!
    Last edited by conum; 02/09/2006 at 04:05 PM.
    We just want someone in one short answer to say:
    'I have a TREO 650 and It READS 4GB Card, All 4GBs'
    ANYONE
    In the last 45 hours, no-one on earth could put his hand on a 4GB card and try this driver ???? I know I didn't do anything myself but that's ...

stipus
    Quote Originally Posted by stipus
    In the last 45 hours, no-one on earth could put his hand on a 4GB card and try this driver ???? I know I didn't do anything myself but that's ...

stipus
    Read #350
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by defiant254
    I just tried formatting a MyData 4GB card and it shows with 3.7 GB total space with FAT32. My Treo 650 with the FAT32 drivers reads it fine and also shows 3.7 GB total space.

Hope that helps.

C
    That answers the question about 4GB Card the Treo sees all 4GB of data. My 2GB card shows 1.8 somthing. Now can you load it up pass 2GB and stil read/write with out errors.

Hope that helps.

C

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, so can you please post a link to that brand of card. I'm not sure ANY 4GB card will work and want to confirm. I'm about to buy the Transcend Ultra 4GB cad off newegg but don't want to do that if the brand won't work...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions

Hope that helps.

C
    SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll be trying a 4gb card tonight, it just got delivered.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts

Hope that helps.

C
    Thanks for filling the void.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm more excited about this than I am with the 700p.
    Last edited by naivete; 02/09/2006 at 04:33 PM.
    sorry to be a pest .....but can someone pls confirm that this rom.....

LAP Stripped ROM +++Fat32+++
    No Versa, Real, Tutorials. English only. Same fixes as ENA SMS, carrier etc.
    http://rapidshare.de/files/12882948...ed_F32.zip.html

.... contains the clock ..... but has most of the language files taken out , just leaving the extra, necessary minimum language files in it ..... or will it give the "carrier version 249" error ........

it's the one right down the bottom of the page of posts .....

has anyone that has used this pls tell us how it differs from custom # 1....

thank you all
    Quote Originally Posted by naivete
    Thanks for filling the void.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm more excited about this than I am with the 700p.
    Maybe this isnt the thread to post this, but I think its total bull**** that Palm is holding stuff like this back.

I'm sure this will be a MAJOR point that Palm makes for a reason to upgrade to the 700P, but in reality there is no hardware differences and no reason why this shouldnt have worked a year ago.

Anyone want to make a bet that something like this could come out for Bluetooth 1.2 in the future? If so why even get a 700? I'm not spending $600 for 32megs of ram and a EVDO radio. <Rant Over>