Page 17 of 46 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 340 of 906
  1. naivete's Avatar
    Posts
    636 Posts
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    #321  
    Moderator: Can you help us turn these rom collection posts into a sticky? TIA

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=567

    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showp...&postcount=564
    Last edited by naivete; 02/09/2006 at 12:07 PM.
  2. #322  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    Claify? Did you say a 4GB card Formatted Fat16 doesn't work?
    I tried but Treo650 just didn't recognize FAT16/64k cluster/4G card. I tried to format my 4D SD card in FAT16/64k cluster, in one partition, by either win2000 or SuSE10. it just did not work. Treo650 asked to reformat the card.

    However if you format a 4G card by FAT16/32k (default cluster), Treo650 will recognize frontal 1.8G and use the 1.8G space.

    So FAT32 is
  3. #323  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    Cingular (G) ROM. Only change is to add Fat32. This is meant for those already running 1.17.
    http://rapidshare.de/files/12855333/Cust_Cing.zip.html
    Hi James:

    My software version is 1.17 CNG, not CNB or CNA, could I use it?
  4. naivete's Avatar
    Posts
    636 Posts
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    #324  
    Quote Originally Posted by vixensjlin
    I tried but Treo650 just didn't recognize FAT16/64k cluster/4G card. I tried to format my 4D SD card in FAT16/64k cluster, in one partition, by either win2000 or SuSE10. it just did not work. Treo650 asked to reformat the card.

    However if you format a 4G card by FAT16/32k (default cluster), Treo650 will recognize frontal 1.8G and use the 1.8G space.

    So FAT32 is
    So the Treo 650 recognizes the card as having 4gb of space?
  5. #325  
    Quote Originally Posted by naivete
    Moderator: Can you help us turn these rom collection posts into a sticky? TIA

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=567

    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showp...&postcount=564
    I could be wrong,
    But, I think if it's left all mixed up like this, we keep from drawing to much attention from Palm. They definitly know were here, but we are not advertising Roms.
    I know Palm asked Shadow not to Post Roms.
    I could be speaking out of complete ignorance though.
    Just call me Berd.
  6. #326  
    Quote Originally Posted by vixensjlin
    I tried but Treo650 just didn't recognize FAT16/64k cluster/4G card. I tried to format my 4D SD card in FAT16/64k cluster, in one partition, by either win2000 or SuSE10. it just did not work. Treo650 asked to reformat the card.

    However if you format a 4G card by FAT16/32k (default cluster), Treo650 will recognize frontal 1.8G and use the 1.8G space.

    So FAT32 is
    Come on dude, you're leaving us hanging. Can you format the card with fat32 and get the treo to read it?
  7. #327  
    Quote Originally Posted by naivete
    So the Treo 650 recognizes the card as having 4gb of space?
    Same question here.
    Vixon,
    Your saying you are using a 4GB Card w/ your 650?
    And it recognizes all 4 GB's?
    Just call me Berd.
  8. naivete's Avatar
    Posts
    636 Posts
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    #328  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    I could be wrong,
    But, I think if it's left all mixed up like this, we keep from drawing to much attention from Palm. They definitly know were here, but we are not advertising Roms.
    I know Palm asked Shadow not to Post Roms.
    I could be speaking out of complete ignorance though.
    That makes sense. I guess I'll just keep bumping the post.
  9. #329  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Where do I find the VFS utility again?

    Thanks, Perry
    Something is amiss here:

    SanDisk 2GB Ultra II == VFS of 80!
    SanDisk 2GB Blue ==== VFS of 910

    (I am remembering 500-600 when I did this 4 to 5 months ago. . . . the Ultra must be sick, but in operation it does not seem slower than the Blue -- in fact, it handles my photos much faster. . . )

    Cheers, Perry
  10. #330  
    Quote Originally Posted by vixensjlin
    I tried but Treo650 just didn't recognize FAT16/64k cluster/4G card. I tried to format my 4D SD card in FAT16/64k cluster, in one partition, by either win2000 or SuSE10. it just did not work. Treo650 asked to reformat the card.

    However if you format a 4G card by FAT16/32k (default cluster), Treo650 will recognize frontal 1.8G and use the 1.8G space.

    So FAT32 is
    duuuuuuuuude cmon does it see ALL 4GB??
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
  11. #331  
    I did it.

    I was using the 1.13, so I did the official upgrade and the custom rom one after another. Took me about 40 minutes.

    A brief test shows that the same card formated in fat16 scores about 20% higher than the fat32 format. However i can access pictures in the "media" app MUCH faster. There are all 5 megapixel photos from my digicam. I am going to format the card back to fat16 and see if I can access the photos as fast.

    Good job shadowmite!
  12. #332  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    Same question here.
    Vixon,
    Your saying you are using a 4GB Card w/ your 650?
    And it recognizes all 4 GB's?
    BUMP
    Vixon,
    Where Are YOU!
    Just call me Berd.
  13. #333  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    BUMP
    Vixon,
    Where Are YOU!

    hahaha instead of hunting heads Im going to start hunting for Vixen.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
  14. #334  
    Quote Originally Posted by vixensjlin
    However if you format a 4G card by FAT16/32k (default cluster), Treo650 will recognize frontal 1.8G and use the 1.8G space.

    So FAT32 is

    So are you saying that even if formatted in fat32, the Treo only sees 1.8GB of the 4GB card?
  15. cadams's Avatar
    Posts
    301 Posts
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    #335  
    Pictures now load from the SD Card SOOOOOO much faster. Before it took probably a good 3 to 4 seconds to refresh the screen after scrolling through them. Now it takes less than 1 second to refresh the thumbnails and the slide show is faster too. That alone makes this upgrade worth it to me since I have about 50 pictues of my daughter on there.
  16. #336  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Something is amiss here:

    SanDisk 2GB Ultra II == VFS of 80!
    SanDisk 2GB Blue ==== VFS of 910

    (I am remembering 500-600 when I did this 4 to 5 months ago. . . . the Ultra must be sick, but in operation it does not seem slower than the Blue -- in fact, it handles my photos much faster. . . )

    Cheers, Perry
    I don't have a 2GB Blue, but my Ultra measures much slower than others are stating in this thread. It doesn't seem slow in the Treo, but it seems real slow when copying from PC to card via a reader.
  17. #337  
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    So are you saying that even if formatted in fat32, the Treo only sees 1.8GB of the 4GB card?
    No, he said that FAT16 causes the 650 to only see 1.8G of the total 4GB (actually 3.7GB formatted).
  18. #338  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    Was reading through some specs on FAT16 vs. FAT32. FAT16 is definetly limited to 2GB. FAT32 limit is 2TB.


    This is not true, only basic FAT 16 is limited to 2GByte w/ 32 KByte clusters, but there is a 4 GByte max fat 16 that uses 64KB clusters.

    You can get 64K clusters, at least in windows NT4/Linux or using partition magic.

    Obviously you waste a lot of space, if you have many little files over a 4 GB fat 16 partition, and some low level utilities may not works, but even DOS 6 can run over this kind of partitions, and is possible that the treo can manage them too (w/ or w/o the fat32 driver).
  19. #339  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    No, he said that FAT16 causes the 650 to only see 1.8G of the total 4GB (actually 3.7GB formatted).
    We just want someone in one short answer to say:
    'I have a TREO 650 and It READS 4GB Card, All 4GBs'
    ANYONE
    Just call me Berd.
  20. #340  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Solutor
    This is not true, only basic FAT 16 is limited to 2GByte w/ 32 KByte clusters, but there is a 4 GByte max fat 16 that uses 64KB clusters.

    You can get 64K clusters, at least in windows NT4/Linux or using partition magic.

    Obviously you waste a lot of space, if you have many little files over a 4 GB fat 16 partition, and some low level utilities may not works, but even DOS 6 can run over this kind of partitions, and is possible that the treo can manage them too (w/ or w/o the fat32 driver).
    Well any which way your Treo is not going to be able to use FAT16 beyond 2GB.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Posting Permissions