Page 16 of 46 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sbkoh
    Hi James, could you be so kind and add FAT32 to your LAP stripped ROM in http://discuss.treocentral.com/showp...&postcount=564 ? Many thanks in advance!! ;-)
    Done.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by MFB
    Yup, score did go down a bit. I tested it on a spare 64mb Sandisk. Only format your sd to FAT32 if your card is 4G.
    Shadowmite isn't really sure why. Keeping Fat16 for your smaller cards will also keep it compatible with cameras etc. that are not able to read Fat32.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by tomtastic
    I don't think it's the traffic, because I can get through the 'countdown' part to the point where I get to choose which mirror to download from, but it never works for me :<
    At the bottom of the download page, yuo have a chice betwen the Alpha mirror and the Omega mirror. The omega mirror seems to hang often, so click the Alpha mirror's radio button.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    I need a custom rom with fat32 as described (without real and tutorials) for use with german language. Would it be possible ....?
    :-)
    I will be updating my EFIGS version today as well. I will post when done. I have to get a little work done today. :-)

Did anybody try to install it in RAM? I don't mind reinstall it after hard reset.

Thanks
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    Has to be in ROM, won't work from RAM

Hi James and the gang ...

is this LAP stripped ROM (LAP Stripped ROM +++Fat32+++) the same as your custom # 1 ... but just with the clock left in? ...

having done the latest LAP update i'm now looking for a custom ROM that includes all the required fixes ... and i guess from reading a few of the latest threads ... fat 32 ... but has otherwise deleted as much as possible ..(so that i can add a few of my own choice apps ) ... but still includes the world clock ... ... is this the correct one then? ...

also one question ... years ago i used the jackflash suite to make a custom ROM's for my palm V, VX, and then my sony clie ... i think that in those days i was actually able to delete the inbuilt ... todo list .... memo app and calander app ... (altho technically i think some kind of link or stubb remained in the ROM ) ...and then replaced them totally with more featured replacements of my choice ....

is replacing these basic palm apps still possible now ... or do they have to be left in and the more featured programs that i want just added in as extras? ...

as i am not sure about this aspect ... and as it's been a few years since i did anything like this.... i thought that it would be "safer" to use a bare bones custom ROM already created by one of the "guru's" ... and then just add a few of the key apps that i want .... altho' i guess that it would also be kind of neat to have all the necessary fixes and the fat32 as well while i'm at it ....

and by the way ... thanks for all the effort that you guys are putting into this .... this is so great .... it really helps to make our treo's much more powerful units ...

thanks again ....

regards
    aussietanker
    Wow, it is faster! Just read this thread, I customized a rom, followed the directions, restored from Resco and the world is right again. I did lose an updated PRL from Sprint, but a quick *2 call got it done within ten minutes. Thanks Shadow and everyone for the help and directions!
  10. gw1
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    My Cust4 ROM is should be what you are looking for.
    That will do it for me - much thanks!
    Wow. I updated the rom and my VFS score with an ADATA 150X 2G card jumps from 570 to 1034. My first 4 digits VFS score.

I am happy
    Where do I find the VFS utility again?

Thanks, Perry
    aussietanker-
    I think so on the LAP ROM I am on my Treo now so I can't check for sure.

As far as the builtin apps everything I have read from Shadow and others it is better to leave them there. I started messing with the Flash stuff back with my PalmIII as well. This way isn't quite as easy but works pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden

Thanks, Perry
    http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilities/vfsmark.shtml

This is the version I found. With my 2GB Ultra II, I am only able to get around 640. This much lower than others are saying with their cards.
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor
    At the bottom of the download page, yuo have a chice betwen the Alpha mirror and the Omega mirror. The omega mirror seems to hang often, so click the Alpha mirror's radio button.

I can get to the "Download-Ticket reserved. Please wait 2 seconds." part, but I always, no matter which mirror I choose get the message "Download-session invalid.", and the two rather unhelpful messages :
    * Download-session expired. Direct-links last a few minutes for free users and a few days for premium-users.
    * You requested this download-session from a different IP than yours. If you use AOL, try a different browser."

I've been trying various suggestions but none have helped.

Can anyone help me get hold of a copy of this please ?
    "Cust 2- Stripped of Tutorial, Real +++Fat32 added+++"
    http://rapidshare.de/files/12813463...t2_f32.zip.html

Pretty please?

tomtastic

PM me and I will get you one.

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden

Thanks, Perry
    U might try Card Speed also, along with VFS Mark. Gives you some other useful info. Look on the lower left side of the page to find the link.

www.audiost.com
    Ooh yay!
    Many thanks jamesgangut !
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrig
    Wow, it is faster! Just read this thread, I customized a rom, followed the directions, restored from Resco and the world is right again. I did lose an updated PRL from Sprint, but a quick *2 call got it done within ten minutes. Thanks Shadow and everyone for the help and directions!
    I dialed *2 and said PRL on the automatetd machine and nothing happened. So I spoke with CS. The guy told me that I have to do *2 and say "PRL UPDATE" and it will take care of it. I did that and it transfered me to a CSP. I waited for 5 minutes and gave up. Is that how you did it?

Thanks,

Al
    When I finish my first custom rom I would like to restore with my back up program, can I assume that I shoudnt be concerned about things like realplayer being put back on because the backup can not install rom apps?