Page 15 of 46 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
    have done the update and reformatted my 2GB SD. Media pictures do seem to load faster. Hard to notice any other improvements.
    Hi, would some kind person please post an alternative link to jamesgangut's :
    "Cust 2- Stripped of Tutorial, Real +++Fat32 added+++"
    http://rapidshare.de/files/12813463/...2_f32.zip.html

As RapidShare.de does not allow me to download the file, always complaining that en error occured because my IP address does not match the requestors IP address ?!

If the file is near to 10MB, I could receive it as an attachment in my email accout :
    bulk@inkhorn.net

I am dying to try out FAT32 and eagerly await your help,
    Thankyou!
    Last edited by tomtastic; 02/09/2006 at 06:59 AM.
    I have the same problem with Rapidshare. Maybe the traffic is too high and it will work again soon.
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    I don't think it's the traffic, because I can get through the 'countdown' part to the point where I get to choose which mirror to download from, but it never works for me :<
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pump142
    ok I tried this createing a ROM thing and Im having no luck..
    So if anyones bored and feels like doing a 1.04 vzw with the fat32 it would be much appreciated.
    (if you left out realplayer and quicktour it wouldnt break my heart)
    Alan
    http://home.comcast.net/~cadams7701/...1_04_FAT32.zip

Only change is updating to FAT32. I had tried removing apps from the ROM but Hotsync got messed up, I reflshed with this one and everything looks to be good.

Unzip and copy the ROM and PALM folders to an empty SD Card and follow the included directions.
    Quote Originally Posted by pump142
    ok I tried this createing a ROM thing and Im having no luck..
    So if anyones bored and feels like doing a 1.04 vzw with the fat32 it would be much appreciated.
    (if you left out realplayer and quicktour it wouldnt break my heart)
    Alan
    I posted this in the ROM thread, but here is a source for Verizon custom roms based on 1.04:

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...886#post839886

Open the link and you will see a description with hyperlinks. I used number 3 and added Fat32 and deleted mail.prc and syncclient.prc to get rid of the Verizon mail and Wireless sync. Working great.
    Last edited by gapost; 02/09/2006 at 07:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jorang
    I'll definately going to try Resco - BBVFS doesn't restore properly on my Treo. I'm using BBVFS v3.2.15 which should be the latest one...

Thanks for the advice

Ahem, just to add to the confusion. Resco backup has never performed a restore properly for me. Would always end up with a reset-loop. BBVFS works MOST of the time, but occasionally it will also cause the reset-loop.

I find the only way to make a reliable backup is to reset the device into safe mode (or whatever you call the reset with the rocker up), then make a backup, then reset again. The backup you make this way restores without a hitch.

- Wouter
    Quote Originally Posted by nispen
    I find the only way to make a reliable backup is to reset the device into safe mode (or whatever you call the reset with the rocker up), then make a backup, then reset again. The backup you make this way restores without a hitch.

- Wouter
    Even Resco advises this in their FAQ/white paper.

I have always created (and restored) backups in Safe mode (warm reset). The few seconds it takes to do a warm reset is well worth it.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Does using the FAT32 format make any difference with regard to playing videos or MP3s from the card that anyone has noticed yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    Even Resco advises this in their FAQ/white paper.

I have always created (and restored) backups in Safe mode (warm reset). The few seconds it takes to do a warm reset is well worth it.
    I have always created Resco backups from normal mode.

Using this method I have never had a problem doing a full restore from a hard reset.

The only thing I have changed in Setup, is to stop it backing up the old Palm PIM DB's, assuming you are using a NVFS Palm.

Low free NVFS could cause a reset during backup, so nispen you may want to try flushing your NVFS DB before a backup, and see if it helps.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Am I right in thinking that this new Fat32 driver speeds up the VFS Mark score for a card that is still formatted to the old original format?

If so, and if you are therefore not worried about compatibility after a hard reset, could I not just put the new driver into RAM to gain from its effect on my present card?

I ask this on the basis that I have got the Graffiti 1 drivers in RAM and they work, via Graffiti Anywhere, instead of the Graffiti 2 drivers that are still in ROM?
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    FOR GOODLINK USERS

I did the change and now cannot do a Goodlink Backup. It doesnt recognise the card (whether 16 or 32 bit)

Shadowmite, why is this?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    Cingular (G) ROM. Only change is to add Fat32. This is meant for those already running 1.17.
    http://rapidshare.de/files/12855333/Cust_Cing.zip.html
    ^^^ My Hero.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB
    If I format my 1 gig sd to Fat32, will performance increase?
    From what I have seen you actually have a small hit with Fat32.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

15. gw1
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    I've been hunting through the thread for a full 1.20-ENA rom with the Fat32 patch added. Has anyone created one yet? I'm looking for one with both Versamail and Realpayer still present at least, if one with everything is not available.
    MFB, what is bg files?
    I cant find it in the Acepalmos.zip...
    I want to remove all unecessary files.

TIA

Quote Originally Posted by MFB
    I can post my 1.20 LAP custom with the shadow fat32 if you guys need it. Been using it since yesterday and it has been working well. Custom have all non english files, tips, sam, bg files, versa mail and real files removed. The only addition is Shadow's Fat32.

My vfs total score with a sandisk 1g used to be 489 to 512 (with 100 mb free). Now with the Shadow's fat32, I'm getting 790 to 900! Overall Treo performance is a bit faster. Launching apps from card and accessing data from it improved a lot. Its like having a new Treo. : )
    Quote Originally Posted by ekerbuddy
    FOR GOODLINK USERS

I did the change and now cannot do a Goodlink Backup. It doesnt recognise the card (whether 16 or 32 bit)

Shadowmite, why is this?
    It is meant to be an update for power users only, not for users that don't even know how to format a SD card. If I were you I would stay with what I have, Shadowmite doesn't have anything to do with people been stupid.

Al
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    From what I have seen you actually have a small hit with Fat32.
    Yup, score did go down a bit. I tested it on a spare 64mb Sandisk. Only format your sd to FAT32 if your card is 4G.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    It is meant to be an update for power users only, not for users that don't even know how to format a SD card. If I were you I would stay with what I have, Shadowmite doesn't have anything to do with people been stupid.

Al
    Isn't it a little premature to be that harsh?
    Quote Originally Posted by gw1
    I've been hunting through the thread for a full 1.20-ENA rom with the Fat32 patch added. Has anyone created one yet? I'm looking for one with both Versamail and Realpayer still present at least, if one with everything is not available.
    My Cust4 ROM is should be what you are looking for.
    Last edited by jamesgangut; 02/09/2006 at 09:47 AM.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS