Page 13 of 46 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vixensjlin
    Well, on PC the FAT16 cluster size can change to 64k (and can go even higher in Linux, 256k I think) and handle 4G or more by FAT16, however, I tried to format my 4G SD card by FAT16/64k, Treo650 does not recognize it. I will wait for a cingular rom with FAT32 support.
    Claify? Did you say a 4GB card Formatted Fat16 doesn't work?
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost
    Yeah, this is noticeably faster. Still haven't decided whether to format the card in 16 or 32.
    My skull is Thick
    I don't think anyone has really answered flatly to stay at Fat16 w/ cards.
    I really wish all this speculation about whether a 4GB card can, or should be Fat16, or partitioned, or what???
    I am so
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Awesome!! Treo is now noticeably faster.

Thought I fried my Ultra II 2GB. Formatted it to FAT 32 in a card reader and when I went to reload it from the temp directory I had made on the PC, the process crawled like molassas in winter. Stopped the process, reformatted the Ultra II with the Treo, checked it back in the card reader (and it was formatted Fat32 by the Treo), and then the restore back to the card moved along fine.

Cheers, Perry
    I am having this same issue moving 1.8 GB of MP3's back on the card, it took hours then I accidentally deleted the AUDIO folder and have to start over, trying the reformat in the Treo right now.

I also hit another snag with VZW 1.04. I can't HotSync over USB or BT after installing a custom ROM with the FAT32 and removing some crap programs. So I recompiled the ROM with only changing the file system to FAT32. Last time I did the restore I had to Sync over BT, this time it worked over USB So I hope it's fixed. If any one wants a VZW image to install let me know, I'll let you know where you can download all the files to install for the SD Card.
    Well I was ready to buy a 4GB card today. If it worked great if not I would take it back. I can't even find one locally. Might be good as it would be an impulse buy but I want to know.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    Well I was ready to buy a 4GB card today. If it worked great if not I would take it back. I can't even find one locally. Might be good as it would be an impulse buy but I want to know.
    BTW - THANKS !!
    Glad to help. Is this helping keep you out of the PPR?
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Glad to help. Is this helping keep you out of the PPR?
    Viking is guarding the door, he thinks I am in here absorbing the sweet pink serenity.

(Don't tell.)

You're secret safe with me.

So, who is selling 4GB cards?
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    I mentioned in a earlier post that I have an 155mb Isilo doc on my 2GB card that needs to stay at Fat16 because of a 2 sec lag.
    So are you saying a 4GB won't work for me because I have to stay at Fat16?
    Or did you say a 4GB card could be partitioned into two 2GB partitions formatted Fat16?

Somebody really needs to get a 4GB card at get to testing it http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...es/biggrin.gif
    Yes. 2 GB is the max you should get if you need FAT16.
    Good Evening gents. . . R we gettin our money's worth outta these Treos now or what!!
    Online so far this is the best deal I have found. But I am still looking.

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/Produc...ctCode=83135-1

Quote Originally Posted by CraniumFunk
    Yes. 2 GB is the max you should get if you need FAT16.
    Thanks
    Oh well,
    I wasn't really planning on running out and getting a 4GB anyway.
    Just call me Berd.
    Online so far this is the best deal I have found. But I am still looking.

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/Produc...ctCode=83135-1
    Wow. ECC in SD memory. Plus 150x. Sweet!

So what's the word on these Transcends? I've heard mixed reports.
    Won't anyone think of the Cingular users when making custom ROMs? I spent a couple of days ( with very little sleep in between ) trying to make a custom ROM and get it to work. After reading many guides and creating several ROM images that would never flash, I gave up. So, if someone has made or could make a custom ROM for Cingular Treo, I would be very appreciative, to the point of jumping up and down on my computer desk and singing some stupid song to show how much I appreciated it.

Thank You,

Fortezza
    Ok. I will.

Umm, There 3 differnt versions. CNA, CNB & CNG. Which flavor would this be?

A-DATA Turbo 4GB Secure Digital (SD) Card Model Turbo SD 150X 4G - Retail
    $199.99

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820211319

with shipping tacked on, it's only a couple of bucks less than ZipZoomFly's card, but hey a couple of bucks is a couple of bucks.
    Ok. I will.

CNB for me please!

Not sure I'm adventurous enough to do it on my own
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by fortezza
    Won't anyone think of the Cingular users when making custom ROMs? I spent a couple of days ( with very little sleep in between ) trying to make a custom ROM and get it to work. After reading many guides and creating several ROM images that would never flash, I gave up. So, if someone has made or could make a custom ROM for Cingular Treo, I would be very appreciative, to the point of jumping up and down on my computer desk and singing some stupid song to show how much I appreciated it.

Thank You,

Fortezza
    Is there any reason you need to stay w/ a cing Rom
    I have Cing, and prefer the ENA.
    Just call me Berd.
    Ok. I will.

I tried 1.17 in the past and had issues,
    Got message: "invalid Rom image"
    Anxious to see what you get.
    Just call me Berd.