Page 10 of 46 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CraniumFunk
    You can, but performance is slightly better using FAT16 card with FAT32 driver in ROM. I would leave it as it is.
    afetr i do the restore can i delete the CDMA\D.C.\Dcinstaller programs from the phone ?
    Quote Originally Posted by paqmaster
    yes it is... I had it since I joined TC in 2002... thx

rock on bro!
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jorang
    ...caught in a reset loop after restoring from BBVFS - even though I performed a SR before backing up just 10min ago...

...trying BackupBuddy form laptop now!

This was unexpected. I was relying on BBVFS
    Alive and kicking again - after flashing with CustROM incl FAT32.prc

Had to restore app by app
    Nor BBVFS og BackupBuddy for Win was able to restore - I was caught in a reset loop even if FATFS.prc is confirmed not restored.

Treo recognizes card bot before and after formatting to FAT32

VFSMarks:

Prior to flashing:
    File Create: 275%
    File Delete: 252%
    File Write: 55%
    File Read: 692%
    File Seek: 786%
    DB Export: 159%
    DB Import: 387%
    Record Access: 786%
    Resource Access: 752%
    VFSMark: 460

After flashing - SD still FAT16
    File Create: 298%
    File Delete: 295%
    File Write: 55%
    File Read: 725%
    File Seek: 2950%
    DB Export: 189%
    DB Import: 465%
    Record Access: 1096%
    Resource Access: 1066%
    VFSMark: 793

After flashing - SD formatted to FAT32:
    File Create: 203%
    File Delete: 98%
    File Write: 53%
    File Read: 692%
    File Seek: 2950%
    DB Export: 122%
    DB Import: 433%
    Record Access: 1248%
    Resource Access: 1129%
    VFSMark: 769

Seems like a good ide to leave the card formatted with FAT16, or could it be that VFSMark doesn't handle FAT32 properly?
    Anyone tried on a LifeDrive?
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)
    Quote Originally Posted by Merdav
    afetr i do the restore can i delete the CDMA\D.C.\Dcinstaller programs from the phone ?
    Do a hard reset. This is why, to remove the installer apps & any references.
    does anyone know why fat16 runs faster than fat32 after the FAT32.prc update?

My first custom rom, I have always resisted this but with the increased card speed i could not reisit it.
    Treoing & Loving it
    It's hard to say. The truth is the cluster size is reduced, so there are more clusters to read on a fat32 partition. Depending on how it's written, this could well be the cause.
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    It's hard to say. The truth is the cluster size is reduced, so there are more clusters to read on a fat32 partition. Depending on how it's written, this could well be the cause.
    Shadowmite, are there any advantages to using FAT32 that might make up for the small reduction in speed?
    Alive and kicking again - after flashing with CustROM incl FAT32.prc

Had to restore app by app
    Nor BBVFS og BackupBuddy for Win was able to restore - I was caught in a reset loop even if FATFS.prc is confirmed not restored.

Treo recognizes card bot before and after formatting to FAT32

I thought about this also. Ended up copying my card to the pc with a reader, then reformatting to FAT32 and then copying back. This allowed me to restore using BackupMan.
    Quote Originally Posted by aldamon
    are there any advantages to using FAT32 that might make up for the small reduction in speed?
    The primary advantage comes in the storing of large numbers of small files, which with the large FAT16 cluster sizes can cause huge wastes of space. The secondary advantage comes in the ability to handle larger partition sizes.
    Quote Originally Posted by CraniumFunk
    Do a hard reset. This is why, to remove the installer apps & any references.
    Thank you for ALL you help and patience with me, I'm up and running, and the card program and everything running through power run is much faster, I love this phone .
    Quote Originally Posted by slinger
    The primary advantage comes in the storing of large numbers of small files, which with the large FAT16 cluster sizes can cause huge wastes of space. The secondary advantage comes in the ability to handle larger partition sizes.

and hopefully bigger cards!! 4GB etc (tho no one has tried a 4gb card and posted their findings yet)
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Merdav
    Thank you for ALL you help and patience with me, I'm up and running, and the card program and everything running through power run is much faster, I love this phone .
    Great! Enjoy!
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! NEVER BUY ADATA!!! That brand is a POS.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=106439
    A-DATA works perfectly for me. You just have to know how to format it correctly.
    When someone does finally get a 4gb card tested will they please start a new thread about it. If i miss 10 pages of this thread tonight I dont want to miss those test results.
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    Seems like CardInfo is formatting the card to FAT32 after the upgrade

I've now tried both file systems on the card, results for utilization is attached.

The contents of the card is excactly the same with both file systems (same files).
    There are a few big sized files on the card - mostly TomTom maps, and a demo movie of approx 50MB. Than the rest of the files are mp3's (3-5MB) and usual palm apps and DB's

Seems like a gain of approx 15MB using FAT32 with this setup
    Attached Images Attached Images
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)
    The complete Sprint 1.13a ROM w/ FAT32 is now available at the following post:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=567
    I would highly recommend Resco Backup (RBackup). This utility allows you to hard reset and do a complete restore with no issues whatsoever. Worked excellently for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    ...clip...
    I guess what I would be interested to know is if I get a 4GB card and format it Fat16 for Isilo,
    Are there still benefits to having Fat32.prc other than the ability to access Cards Larger than 2GB?
    Does anyone have an answer?
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D
    I would highly recommend Resco Backup (RBackup). This utility allows you to hard reset and do a complete restore with no issues whatsoever. Worked excellently for me.
    I'll definately going to try Resco - BBVFS doesn't restore properly on my Treo. I'm using BBVFS v3.2.15 which should be the latest one...

Thanks for the advice
    JoranG
    Seems like CardInfo is formatting the card to FAT32 after the upgrade

I've now tried both file systems on the card, results for utilization is attached.

The contents of the card is excactly the same with both file systems (same files).
    There are a few big sized files on the card - mostly TomTom maps, and a demo movie of approx 50MB. Than the rest of the files are mp3's (3-5MB) and usual palm apps and DB's

Seems like a gain of approx 15MB using FAT32 with this setup
    Yea, I noticed a gain in free space also The bigger the Card the bigger the free space after fat32.
    (I believe it's the Allocation Table)
    Just call me Berd.